Use a Shopify Domain in another host service

Highlighted
2 0 0

I bouth a shopify domain and started the 14 days free trial, then i connected my new domain, but the 14 days of trial already finished and im not able to manage my domain, is there any way to access to do so? Also i want to set that domain in a different host service provider but i cannot see any way to achieve this, do you know any path to follow, it looks like my domain cannot be accessible any how.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1405 140 387

Hey there, @RobertCRR 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Domains can be transferred out of Shopify and onto a third party domain host as per this guide. However, the domain does need to be over 60 days old for it to be transferred. When was your 14-day trial? Can you check your inbox for the confirmation of the domain purchase to confirm the date of purchase, please? Once 60 days have passed you can get in touch with support via our usual channels or get in touch with me here and we will be able to grant you access to your account so that you can follow the steps outlined in this guide to transfer your domain. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for the quick response! I started my trial period at 04 October 2020 and same day I bought the domain, but im wondering if there is another way to link/use my domain in a different platform before the 60 days of grace period?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1405 140 387

Thank you for getting back to me! If the store is not active there is no way for us to point the domain to another server. for 60 days from the date of purchase or registrant detail changes. More info from Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) on why that happens right here

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes