Veerley.com Can I have feedback please?

veerley
2 0 0

Hello,

I recently launched my fashion jewellery store veerley.com and I'm promoting it via Facebook ads, Google ads and posting on social, but no conversion so far.

Some data:

334 users

904 page views

2.17 min session duration

60% bounce rate

5 add to cart clicked (I have used Google tag manager to track clicks)

Only 1 abandoned checkout

Zero sales

Videos and models images have been shoot by me to provide original content to the users and make them understand that it is not the usual drop shipping store.

I have also tried to reduce price further to stay under "competitors" price threshold.

No way to make a sale.

Obviously running ads at over £50/day and making no sales is not sustainable.

Can I have a feedback please?

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Veerley,

The huge numbers are a clear indication of the fact that the users are interested. However, some flaws might have created a negative impression leading to loss of sales. So, store modification is a must. Some essential points to be taken care of for store improvement are as follows:

1. The search landing page is disabled.
  2. Search bar should be removed from the main menu spacing and should be shifted above beside the shopping cart instead to be more systematic.
  3. Home button should be added at the beginning of the main menu and the spacing between all the other menu options should be arranged accordingly.
  4. The discounts or free shipping offers should be highlighted in white color in the middle of the header template rather than the left corner for better clarity.
  5. The logo should be shifted to the left corner to avoid the unequal spacing on both sides of it.
  6. For better customer choice, product reviews below each item is a must.
  7. Testimonials should be added to improve and strengthen customer trust and belief.
  8. For better brand promotion, Instagram images are a must.
  9. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  10. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq
    free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope the future brings a lot of good luck and fortune for you.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.

Hi Veerley, 
I have just visited your website. Overall, it is quite pretty and professional. You put lot of efforts into making it, right? 
I just want to give some feedbacks to make it better!

1. Homepage:

- Add the Testimonial section into your Homepage to build the trust with customers.

2. Contact us page:

- Use more images to make your Contact us page more attractive. Actually, when I visit this page for the first time, I find that it is quite boring and eventually, I get difficult to see your contact option. When your customers easily to contact with you, they are more willing to buy your products.qq.png

3. Product page

- Add the review sections to make your customers trust you. In fact, the reviews from other customer can have big impacts on the customer buying decisions. 

- Add call-to-action button. For example. you can add the "Check Out Now" button into your product page. So, when your website visitors click on it, they will be directed to the checkout page. It make customers convenient during their shopping times. qa.png

4. Improve your page speed

Your page loading speed is quite low on both mobile and laptop. You can check it via Google Page Speed Insights and get improvement suggestions. In fact, your website visitors can quickly leave your website without making any sales if they have to wait too long for your page loading.
 az.png

I hope that above feedbacks are helpful for your online store <3

- Tips to optimize website loadspeed: academy.pagefly.io/how-to-speed-up-website

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.

Selling jewellery online is really hard. It's not an impulse buy and it's something that people sometimes want to hold, touch and feel in their hard before purchasing. If you are spending £50/day  across both Facebook and Google Ads, you should stop doing that and focus on one ad platform. Get that ad platform up and running and scale it before trying to move to a second ad platform. Beyond living in the UK and working on ASOS, also had a few jewellery brands as clients and we always focused on one ad platform to start.

Homepage Feedback

1. The image above the fold on your homepage does not really show off that you sell jewellery. I would re-think what image you use

2. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e.jewellery Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

Hi @veerley 

Your site design looks very feminine and elegant just like the jewelry that you have :) So in terms of delivering a nice vibe, you did a great job. 

I can for sure tell that you have to be working more with the functionality of your site. 

As you are saying, you are not a typical drop-shipping site, so let people know that as well. From the very first second on your site, tell that the pieces are high-quality hand made items. For that maybe add a little tiny section on the homepage telling a brief story behind the store. People need to connect with the brand to make their first purchase. 

-The items in your store are more on a luxurious and expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way,  letting your customers know that you care about them. 

However, instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them as rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

-I see that you have an Instagram account. However,  I assume you are not focused on that a lot, I recommend taking advantage of that specific Social media and drive organic traffic from there that will most likely convert. Once the account is relatively promoted you can embed it in a gallery directly on your site. 

As for now, I recommend adding the links on the footer menu, where you have Social Media icons that do not lead anywhere. 

-90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

You might want to install a couple of apps that will give more activities on your site. Growave is one of them and it has the features listed above all-in-one:)

Hopefully, I managed to help you, if so please let me know by liking this post. 

Good luck!

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
397 33 125

Hello,

I did a flare check on your website, you have 1 results indexed by Google. But your website has 48+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). So I would suggest getting your pages found by Google, Bing and other major search engines will be beneficial to you in terms of generating sales from organic searches.

You can submit your sitemap regularly to these major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare that offers many other major benefits.

Hope this was helpful.

Asha

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes
veerley
2 0 0

Hi Asha,

I have submitted the sitemap to Google just two days ago so the website went live at that time.

Be indexed will take time ...

0 Likes