Very High Cart Abandonment Rate

Emmanuel12
Tourist
17 0 1

Hello everyone,

Lately I have been making a few sales, however, my cart abandonment rate can sometimes be around 75%. I have an email marketing funnel set up but lately it has not been retrieving very many carts. Is anyone able to let me know potential blind spots I may have as far as my checkout funnel is concerned that would help reduce my cart abandonment?

my store: https://dogjoydeals.com/

Thank you,

Emmanuel

0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
925 25 309

Hi @Emmanuel12 !

Your google page speed score is only 26 and mobile speed 15. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well. Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website.

If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic. One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways. If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
2785 175 469

Dear @Emmanuel12 

Common Reasons For Shopping Cart Abandonment

1. Lack of trust - Web users aren’t always comfortable providing credit card info online. Improve conversions by building more trust on the checkout page and throughout the site through social proof and building a strong brand. A generous return policy can also help allay customer concerns.
  2. High shipping costs - Customers often abandon shopping carts when they get sticker shock after seeing how much their order costs with shipping. Avoid this by offering free shipping promos.
  3. Complexity - Online shoppers have a short attention span and will abandon the checkout flow if it is too complex or time consuming. Avoid this by making the checkout process as easy and painless as possible. This can
  4. Browsing - Many users who add items to the cart but don’t complete are just browsing with low buying intent. Incentivize these users to purchase immediately by offering limited time promos and creating a sense of urgency.
  5. Lack of payment options - Customers often have strong preferences of how they would like to pay, and only complete a purchase if their preferred method is presented. Reduce this problem by offering the most popular payment methods for your target audience such as Amex and PayPal.
  6. Price too high - Users on the web often comparison shop to find the best deals. You can help prevent customers from jumping ship by offering special discounts and coupon codes in order to keep them from being scared away by high prices and looking for better deals elsewhere.
  7. Technical problems - All technology is susceptible to technical issues and glitches. Be sure to monitor your analytics and do regular reviews of the checkout process to ensure there are no show-stopping bugs. Also ensure that the code on your checkout page is optimized so there are no long load times

Check this for more detail: https://www.optimizely.com/optimization-glossary/shopping-cart-abandonment/

0 Likes
Mihir_Gupta_
Shopify Partner
241 9 69

Hey there @Emmanuel12 Here's what I'd like to add on to the trail - 

1. When i'm at your homepage, your logo has eaten up a lot of space in the header menu, and your menu is quite huge! Try and reduce the space by reducing your logo as well as try and sorting out your menu! This will make your store look neat and clean! 

2. Try and reduce your product's title - it's quite big! Only use keywords that are highly relatable with the product. 

Getting abandoned carts is natural - don't worry about it. For your convenience, I've written a blog on conversion rate and how can you reduce the abandoned cart rate. I'm sure it'll help you out! 

I'm from CedCommerce - a team of coders & developers who have been helping online sellers in their smooth eCommerce journey! 

Let me know if we can be of any help to you.  

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3717 214 662

Hello @Emmanuel12 

You should definitely start notifying your customers when they abandoned your cart. This can be done in many ways. You can send them an abandoned cart push notification or an abandoned cart email. This will reduce your cart abandonment. Not only this you can also start rewarding your customers with loyalty points when they come back to recover the abandoned cart.

Target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes