Very High Traffic, No Sales (TechGadgetsGroup)

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi guys! 

i am writing this thread as I have been driving high traffic to my store but no sales! 

I get around 5 abandoned checkouts per day but not a single person actually converted which seems a little strange to me. This is on our offer of free magnetic charging cables too ($6.95 shipping). 

I have got a message from shopify today, saying that my traffic is in top 25% of shops that opened in the same week so I am getting a little worried.  

My Facebook page is getting quite a lot of likes (160 in 3 days) so I must be doing something right although at the moment I am just spending money without any conversions. 

I have received 14 email subscribers in the last week and I’ve sent them a 20% discount but none of them used it. 

If I could get some tips on what I should improve it would be greatly appreciated! 

www.techgadgetsgroup.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @TechGadgetsG,

Sorry to hear, that has to be really discouraging. When you put money in, you definitely want a return on your investment so, I feel for you.

First thoughts when I look at your products are that they are hard to navigate and very disconnected. You sell diffusers but also drones, projectors but also GPS's. When you have a lot of different products like this, I think the thought is that you will appeal to many people but unfortunately the opposite ends up happening. Having high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic. For example, if you run and ad that features one of your drones and you have an influx of traffic from people have been looking for a drone and they click and they are brought you your website, they end up on your products page and see lots of other gadgets, they are going to click off because they wanted a drone and they can see that 2 are out of stock and that drones are not your entire focus. People are researching heavily before they purchase and if it came down to purchasing from a website that only sold drones and their replacements parts and accessories and a website that sold drones in addition to many other unrelated tech products, they are going to go with the store that sells only drones. Tech is a very saturated market which makes it extremely hard to rank for. I would recommend niching down, find out what is currently trending in tech and go with that. Make your website, your ads, your social media posts all focused on this tech niche. It will make your advertising dollars count if you are able to better specify who your target audience is.

After you've niched down, I recommend changing your theme which I know is a big deal, but I believe it is necessary. This theme works well on mobile devices but it is very hard to navigate on desktop. You have several out of stock products that you don't know are out of stock until you hover over. You also cannot see a price until you hover:

tech-product.png

Additionally, on the individual products page, the image is so big that it takes up my entire screen. I can't see a price, a description or the add to cart button unless I scroll down. This is not good, you want to make the purchasing process as simple and quick as possible for your customers.

tech-indpro.png

My last piece of advice is to spend some time on your SEO. The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information in our signature. We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
776 17 220

Hi @TechGadgetsG !

Add a favicon

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes