Views but no sales

lnb226
Tourist
13 0 3

I am getting a lot of traffic from Pinterest and my social media accounts but no sales (besides friends). I don't know what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. www.festiveflirts.com

Growave
Shopify Partner
861 21 246

Hi @lnb226 !

Your google page speed score is only 32 and mobile speed 8. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well. Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.

Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Mihir_Gupta_
Shopify Partner
247 9 74

Hey there @lnb226 !Don't feel disappointed if you've had no sales yet. It's just a part of your eCommerce journey. You'll pull up some sales eventually! Here's what I'd like to suggest - 

1. What are you doing to your cart abandoners? Are you reaching out to them through regular emails? 

2. Because it's a seasonal product, people might start shopping this month onwards! for the time being, you need to be active on social media. and if you can, try and run ads on your social media page then see to it - how much traffic gets to your website. 

3. Only thing I found that needs improvements are your images. Your product images are quite big! Reduce the size of your images and your store looks pretty awesome!

To pull some sales, you need to run the extra mile. You don't have a blog section yet. To stay ahead of the competition, you can run a blog on your store it'll keep it active, and with a blog, you can target keywords that you're eyeing! 

We can help you to onboard you on marketplaces where you can start selling to millions of audiences! Why sell only here when you have 60+ marketplaces with an unimaginable customer base? And because it's a festive-related product, the more visibility you give the more sales you're able to pull! 

We are just a month away from celebrating 2020's most awaited festivals. We have compiled a list of 23 checkpoints that you can apply to your store during this festive season to make sure that your Shopify store is ready to welcome online shoppers during the festive time of the year!

Let me know if we can be of any help to you! We are just a message away. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hey there, @lnb226!  

First of all, celebrate the wins here. You ARE getting traffic to your site, which is a hurdle some merchants struggle with. Now you have to determine if you’re getting the right traffic and if your store has conversion pain points that prevent those sales.

Let’s start with the right traffic. A good place to start with evaluating your traffic is to use a heatmap, which shows you where people click and scroll on your site. I want you to look for where people are clicking and not clicking. Are they scrolling? Are there patterns that emerge?

Next, filter the data down to specific traffic sources, like Pinterest or Facebook. You can dive even deeper if you use UTM parameters or want to look at things like geographic regions, browser, number of visits, etc. You may find that your first-time visitors from Pinterest stay in the top 1/4th of your site and never click into other pages. 

Moving on to your homepage

• Your homepage looks nice but is very busy. 
  • Announcement bar: Link your free shipping offer so that it opens an all product collection. Not linking it is a missed opportunity to get interested visitors to see your products. If you already use heatmaps, you should see how many people are clicking on it thinking that it’s linked.
  • Hero image: Look, I like that your hero image is bright and colorful. The confetti and glitter add a nice touch. That being said, it’s missing a CTA button, and it focuses too much on too many products. I would suggest some A/B testing with different images, including ones that showcase your products in a real world scenario that looks more realistic. 
  • I’m wondering if there needs to be some organizational shifts here. For your featured collection below the hero image, it sticks with wine sleeves by occasions. Would it be better to start with three product collections instead (wine sleeve, cup sleeve and ornaments) or group it by your most popular occasions? Heatmaps will show you where they are clicking, which will help you evaluate whether they stick with a few occasions or if they primarily focus on one product. A poll would also help.
  • Your page gets a little long. That in itself is not a bad thing. Because you have so much going on visually, I wonder how many people make it to the bottom of the page. Use a scroll heatmap to see where on your page people stop scrolling and evaluate where they click instead. 
  • I like the layout of your policies, but my biggest concern here is that it’s not considered part of your footer. As a result, it doesn’t carry through to the rest of your pages. If I’m on a product page and curious about your shipping policy, it’s hard to access.
  • Shipping Policy: Link to your contact page. I would also add details here about international shipping options and prices. Especially since you have free shipping on orders over $35, you want to be clear how much shipping will cost before you reach that amount. 
  • Privacy Policy: Link the URLs mentioned as well as your email address.
  • Contact Us: Add your email address and phone number in addition to your nice message. Remove the phone number field as it’s a field that typically has a high abandonment rate. 

Looking at your footer

• Newsletter: Remember that visitors don’t know if they want to be your customer not to mention dedicate email space to your emails. Instead, offer a discount (i.e., 10% off your order) and/or explain what they will receive from your emails. 
  • Pinterest link: Are you sure this is the link you want to use? This would be the chance to highlight your products, but I see your Shopify themes and clothing. Make sure it matches your brand!
  • Instagram link: Again, this doesn’t match your brand. This is a completely different brand, and it’s going to hurt the trust you’re trying to build with those visitors.
  • Facebook: Same thing. Link to YOUR brand’s Facebook page rather than the AdornTheme’s page. 

Main Navigation

• Right now you have nine pages or collections linked currently, excluding pages you need for Home and Shop All. That is just too many. You want to aim for 5-7 at most. 
  • Use session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website to show you how people move across your store, to find your most popular collections. Heatmaps would also help you see where people are clicking and evaluate ways to consolidate pages. For example, if the About page isn’t getting clicks from the main navigation, keep it in the footer. 
  • I would keep it consistent. I wouldn’t feature wine sleeves at this point since it’s incorporated into your collections. The rest of the pages are grouped by occasion. You could probably remove Wine Sleeves, Just for Fun and Special Occasions to keep them in your Shop All collection instead.
  • I can’t say this enough: Keep watching those session recordings to see how people move across your site.

Collection Pages

For reference, I’m looking at the Thanksgiving collection.

• I found a glitch. If I click on the top-level navigation, rather than going into your sub-categories, it only shows wine sleeves. I have to click into your other sub-collections to see them. I would expect to see everything Thanksgiving-themed if I click on that top-level navigation. It looks like this is happening across the board. For the collections that don’t have a drop-down (i.e., Just for Fun, Working out, Birthday, etc.), it appears to only show wine sleeves. 
  • Keep the naming consistent. You’ve been going between wine sleeves and wine bags. Are these the same thing? If so, keep it consistent in how you reference it. 
  • There’s no filter! Especially when it’s pulling in all of your collection, a filter is going to be very helpful. I would filter by price, color, product (i.e., wine sleeve or cup sleeve), material, naughty or nice, etc. 
  • There also appears to be a load issue. Every time I go into a different page, a loading progress indicator pops up. I suggest looking into what’s causing a longer load time and eliminating the graphic.

Product Pages

For reference, I’m on the Turkey Leg Day Insulated Wine Glass Sleeve.

• Add shipping details higher on the page with a link to your shipping policy. You have it below your conversion buttons, which is pushed below the fold due to the detail you’ve included above. I would move that shipping information up higher on the page in case that’s a concern for some people. 
  • How do you take off the lipstick mark? You mention it can be requested, but you don’t include how. 
  • Make sure you add in reviews! Visitors like to read what other people thought about products. In your post-purchase communication, include an invitation to leave a review. 

Wrapping it up

You should be really proud of how much work you’ve put into your store. It’s really showing how much time and effort you’ve put in to make this store what it is today. As a visitor, the biggest conversion pain points:

• Product Organization and Navigation: You want to make sure a visitor can get to a product page within 3-5 clicks, and your website makes that a little tough. When you learn about how visitors use your site, you’ll be able to optimize it for that sale.
  • Clarify the details: Make it easier to calculate shipping costs and clarify how to get a cup sleeve without the lipstick mark. An FAQ page would be the best bet. 
  • Filtering: You need to make it easier for visitors to find that product s/he is interested in purchasing. Fix the top-level navigation glitch and add in filters for easier product sorting. 
  • Brand Identify: While I may be one of the few visitors to click into your social media links, it does raise a lot of red flags when the brands don’t match or even mention Festive Flirts. 

Visitor behavior is going to be your key here, whether it’s evaluating your traffic sources or identifying what’s stopping people from converting. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!