Visitors

3lizab3th
Tourist
4 0 4
Hi everyone my name is Elizabeth. I'm the owner of Seek And Own. I am looking for advice, because I have had over 1500 visitors to my store, and just
one purchase. I communicate with them through messanger or my business app. They seem ready to go, and then no purchase. Im confused, and need some advice guys please, and thank you in advance.
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

Hi Elizabeth! Before I dive in, I wanted to make sure - is https://seekandown.com/ the link to your website? 

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
3lizab3th
Tourist
4 0 4

hello, yes it is. 

Gari
Shopify Partner
188 15 40

Hey 3lizab3eth

Congratulations on your new store page! SeekanDown looks amazing already! The navigation is easy. The product descriptions are easy to read and there are a couple of reviews as well. Which is good. 

There are some things we could work on though.

1. The font size below each image can be made smaller. It will make your page look cleaner and show more space.
  2. If you have more than 1 style in the same product (say jewellery - multiple designs in the same kind of necklace), add only 1 image as the cover photo instead of 5-6. When you click on the product, there can be more images of the product which show different designs. 
  3. In the product catalogue, I missed seeing any social proof and urgency. Something that would catch my attention and drive me to buy immediately. What the store could really use a clear message to 'Buy This!'
    To do that, you could add some kind of stickers or labels to highlight things like trending, running out fast, back in stock, hot seller etc. The Shopify app store is source of some really good Apps that can give your catalogue the focus it really needs. That's the best way you can make sure that a new visitor ends up buying and experiencing the same joy that you feel when you create and showcase these products!  

Do let me know if this is useful for you. 

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Garima

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

Hi again, @3lizab3th!

My apologies for not seeing your reply earlier. First of all, congrats on generating traffic to your store! That’s one hurdle a lot of your fellow merchants encounter. One conversion though is pretty frustrating. Let’s see what we can do!

The first impression is that you have a well laid out site. The logo is a little hard to read (is it Seek And Own or Seekan Down?) I like your restraint in the main navigation and your high quality hero image. Beware of using a stock image though - unless you sell those items, customers will just walk away angry. Try to use in-house photos if you can.

I would maybe play around with the text you use. “Wide range of collection” doesn’t really entice me to want to shop. 

A few things in general:

• I wouldn’t ask them to join your community right away. I would wait until they added a product to their cart or returned on a second or third visit. Because a first-time visitor may not know how awesome your store is, waiting to trigger that invitation at the right time would make it more impactful.
  • I’m glad you’re using a chat system, though I’ve found that it’s difficult to do it effectively through Messenger because it still takes them off your site. There are other chat options you can try.
  • Change the position of your rewards button to the left hand corner - right now it’s covering up your chat. 
  • The same goes with your sale count-down pop-up and bottom banner. It covers the chat and the rewards icon. 
  • Make sure your email address is linked! 

Overall, I think your homepage could use a little updating. I would use heatmaps to see where people are clicking on your page and how far they scroll. If there’s free shipping, feature it across those product pages as well. I would move the Collection List higher on your page rather than jumping into products. See what your scroll heatmap says.

Navigation/Product Pages
This is where I think you can do the most work. You need to add some filters to help people search for what they’re looking for. Right now, it’s all combined. Add search by collection, product type, price, color, etc. Help them find it. You have so many products, and it can be overwhelming.

Moving on to product pages, you need a few things (for reference, I’m looking at the Women Cotten Tassle Casual T-Shirt Sleeveless Solid Color Tees)

1. Change up that title from the drop-shipping site. Don’t cram as many keywords into as possible. Also, clean up the spelling (Cotten vs. Cotton; Tassle vs. Tassel.)
  2. Reorder your sizing to be in the right order. Right now, it’s all over the place.
    SeekAndOwn-1.png

3. Create a product description! Don’t just use the generic details here. Write  a product description that makes people want to buy it.
  4. You include free shipping, so mention it here! 
  5. Where’s the size chart? Don’t forget to include a readable size chart. 
  6. Take out the button “You may also like…” feature. It’s basically the same thing you have above. 
  7. Generate reviews. I know you don’t have many sales yet, so it seems hard. Make sure you include an invitation to leave a review in your purchase confirmation.

Overall, you would benefit from watching people through session recordings as they navigated your website. You would likely see a lot of room to improve and spot those places that are confusing to customers.

Lastly, on your contact page, take out the field for phone number. That is a field that typically scares customers. 

In the end, visitor behavior is going to make the biggest difference for your store. Just keep working at it and watching what customers are experiencing. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck! 

Cheers -
Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes