Hello Apoorva (@OM_ND),
Congratulations on launching your store! Your products are very appealing, I see great potential here! After taking a look through, I have a few suggestions.
First, I would recommend working on the design of your store. There are a lot of tweaks I would recommend changing such as the turquoise colored bar with the white text overtop. the background color in the footer area, decreasing the space the top where you have your logo and increasing font size and weight on your collection photos.
Another thing I would work on is the photo you have at the top. That main banner area is prime real estate for selling. We recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:
You could tweak these yourself but if it's in the budget I would look at hiring it out. We do offer store tweaks so if it's something you are interested in, you can email us at email@example.com
The quick shop option, I'm not really a fan of. It pops up the same information as you see on screen already so it's not really making the process more efficient. The other thing I noticed was when you click on the cart icon, the button says "View Cart". The customer is already viewing the cart, it should say "Checkout". You want to remove any unnecessary clicks to make it as quick and easy as possible for a customer to reach checkout.
At checkout, I would revise your shipping text. The light item text I'd replace with an estimated shipping time instead. Without that information, it may cause your visitors to abandon cart.
The last thing I'll recommend is adding a currency converter. We show you a free app and how to install it in this video:
I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Hello @OM_ND, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:
- The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it - And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
- Add a separate page of privacy and shipping policy.
- Add a sales motivator bar to encourage people to purchase more.
- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email addresses. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
- Add reviews on the product page. Add review carousel on the homepage.
- Start using a loyalty program to entice your customers. It will help you build a loyal customer base. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, making a purchase, visiting a store, and many more.
This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again to your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
Hope this helps!
Thanks for the feedback, EcomGeeks! Adding a CTA button to the homepage is definitely a must. I hadn't noticed that during quick shop, the button says "view cart" instead of "checkout." Thanks for pointing that out. It has probably led to some confusion for customers.
Thanks for the feedback, AiTrillion! I'll be working on adding a CTA button to the homepage. I'm not sure about adding a loyalty system but will be looking into adding product reviews or testimonials. I'll also look into some of the other points you mentioned; especially the one about editing the layout. Thanks again!
I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? Also, if you need a walkthrough of AiTrillion and need any help with setting up the features I will be happy to help!
Looking forward to your reply!