Wanting Feedback on my new Adult lingerie and novelties store

VIPNovelTease
Tourist
3 0 1

I am looking for feedback on our new store, vipnoveltease.com, as I have been putting a lot of work into it but wanting outside feedback. I know very little about css coding and liquid coding. The biggest challenge is advertising on mainstream social media since we also sell adult toys on this domain. We do own a couple of other domains but still looking how to add them to shopify without having to start a second account for additional money.

Let me know of any issues, areas of improvement, suggestions (that have factually worked if you're a shop owner), or anything else that comes to mind.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
zenkidiaz
8 0 0

One thing to improve is your product descriptions. Like this one right here:

VIP Novel Tease.jpg

Short, unemotional sales copy like this one would lose your store money each month, even if you have the best-designed store in the world.

Just message me if you need help. I'm a copywriter and would be happy to give you a discount as a first-time client.

Best,
Zenki

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3750 214 669

Hello @VIPNovelTease, I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions for you:

- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

- You can add Instagram Feed on the homepage.

Enable Social media conversion techniques on the store for better conversion.

- Add timer bar/ sales motivator bar to promote your offers on the store. The app AiTrillion has pre-designed templates of announcement bar, timer & sales motivator bars.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
218 15 75

Hello @VIPNovelTease 

Congratulations on your store. Here are my observations. 

Theme: 

Consider changing to a light coloured theme. Black and red combination might make people uninterested to visit your site or they may not understand the products well.  

Banner: 

Consider adding a banner and a "Shop Now" button on the banner, to attract your customers and lead them directly to your site.  

Sales Offer: 

Consider putting your sales offer in a pop up on the home page, rather than so down below, as many may not scroll that much and miss it. 

That's all from me. Best of luck

Thank You!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes

Hi @VIPNovelTease,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Free Page Builder. Just took a look at your site and I want to give you some comments on it. Hope it helpful for you.

- You are using too many color on one site. It makes your site tangle and visitors will be hard to know where they need to see. The font your are using is also hard to see. I think you should only use this font for headings and for the menu navigation or promotion banner, you should use a more simple font.

- I don't know if this is your store's logo but it's quite tangle and it occupies many space on your first screen when customers visit your site.

Adult Lingerie & Sex Toys- Please your VIP with VIPNovelTease. – VIP NovelTease 2020-12-06 23-09-35.png

You can make it smaller and consider adding an image banner. The banner will help you show your product, which help customers know what you're selling when they first visit your site. 

The Account button is hard to see so you can put it in menu navigation as Other categories, Contact us

- Instead of letting customers click on this to see all collections, you can show them right on your home page:

Adult Lingerie & Sex Toys- Please your VIP with VIPNovelTease. – VIP NovelTease 2020-12-06 23-14-13.png

Customers will have overview of kinds of product you have. And if they are interesting in one collection, they only need to click on it and see products in that collection.

- The Call-to-action is hard to see

Adult Lingerie & Sex Toys- Please your VIP with VIPNovelTease. – VIP NovelTease 2020-12-06 23-16-13.png

Also, please use image with same size.

- Consider changing this image because it has low quality:

Adult Lingerie & Sex Toys- Please your VIP with VIPNovelTease. – VIP NovelTease 2020-12-06 23-18-38.png

To get more tips to personalize your home page, you can check this article.

You can consider using a Shopify app builder to do more customization to your page. This is the app I'm working on - PageFly. This app helps you easily customize your any Shopify page and make it more attractive.

If you find my comment useful, you can like it. Have a great day!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
929 25 310

Hi @VIPNovelTease !

Add a favicon

Your google page speed score is only 59 and mobile speed 9. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well. Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website. 

Add clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.

If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
David_Victory_F
Shopify Expert
32 0 2

You can improve your visual....

stick to one size/aspect ratio for photo holders

keep the clipped white background amazon shots and studio catalog shots separated, each set on its own page or in the same order of appearance

Join Our Loyalty Rewards Program& Earn Discounts! > needs a space before "&"

Consider a menu system to organize the garments, not a page with everything ala craigslist and a filter?!

hope this helps

David

Shopify Expert | VRset.com
0 Likes
VIPNovelTease
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks for the feedback so far. I changed from the Venture theme to Boundless theme. Venture was being slowed down by so much code and apps I had before and it wasn't removing unused code. That was affecting my pagespeed insights score and store score in shopify. 

As far as most of the images for my products, those are actually descriptions they've already put in on their items and the image urls uploaded in the csv from my dropshipper's company. I have no control over the size of their images or the sizes of them. With the number of items I have in my store, (over 14K), it'd be extremely time consuming for me to try resizing them all individually to the proper aspects. The boundless theme also likes to zoom in the slider images that I actually work on myself in Photoshop. No matter what size I use, it zooms in on them so it ends up messing up the quality of those in the slideshow.

I have tried the AiTrillion app until I found out the prices. Same goes for PageFly. We are just starting out with this online ecommerce and don't have very much to spend at the moment until we start getting more organic visits and sales. When that starts  happening then we can put some of the profit back into the business and maybe even afford to get more professional help with the site.

I went with a lighter theme although it won't stand out as much over competitors in my market as far as design. I do have a favicon as was suggested, it's a pair of red lips. show sup on my chrome browser tabs when i am on my pages.  I am still working on tweaks and trying to overcome some issues with even the Boundless theme, but I am appreciative of the feedback thus far and welcome more.