Wasting money on ads!!!!

Highlighted
7 0 0

I started selling in Ebay, had success, then moved to Etsy and had even more success... Graduating to the big leagues I had to get over the fact that I will be starting from scratch without a client base.. I have wasted countless dollars on advertising and I haven't even made one sale. Please look at my shop, Community and give me some sound advise so I can quit my day job:)

Imaginingdeep.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 1 9

A few things I noticed when looking at your site would be the titles should be changed to using your own words, rather than a wordy drawn out sentence. Something short and concise so I know what im looking at and buying easily. You can add the more descriptive details in the description itself.

Also you have a tab named "Kids and moms" which made me go "kids and moms... what" honestly... comes off as you selling literal people LOL. I would also suggest adding a few more products under each tab name, such as under men's fashion there are only watches, maybe add some clothes or sunglasses or ties or something idk, that would match that title. The site looks very well presented and is organized nicely!

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
That really means a lot. Thank you for your feedback! I have definitely been working on product title, because I agree, they are drawn out sentences. As for the kids and mom section.. would you advise me getting rid of the altogether, or just revise it a little?

Thanks again!

Matthew
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 1 9

I like the idea of something targeted towards children/babies but the mom section I dont think is needed because if I were a mom on your website I would already be gravitating towards the baby/children section you dont necessarily need to target me being a mother specifically if that makes sense?

0 Likes
7 0 0
That makes sense. I am revising my site as we speak!

Other then that.. why am I getting so many visitors and no sales? Its been tough lol

Do you have any specific marketing strategy that has worked for you?

In Solidarity,

Matthew
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 1 9

I honestly think your biggest hurdle right now is the titles, as soon as I see those elongated ones, it makes me think not much thought was put into them. Which isnt true of course but thats my initial impression. Also the first thing people see is the title of your site which is creative and I like it a lot, but I think maybe investing in a cheap logo would be really beneficial, or even creating something of your own in Krita or having someone else help you out. And maybe adding a little something to that title to. I like the "bringing out the beauty in everyone" that is a nice touch, but when I just see the name Imagining Deep, my mind goes blank as to what your site is about. Of course this is partly a lack of not having an already known "brand name" but maybe there could be some color or image (logo???) along with that name to help me figure that out. So when I see that, I know what to associate your store name with. Idk if any of that makes sense LOL. As for marketing a strong foundation is needed before spending the money on ads, you should be proud of your store and happy with the products. After or even during that I just suggest trying to create a following on instagram or twitter where you can create a page and post your link everywhere and updates on new products your adding that you're proud of or whatever else that comes to mind. Of course you could always ask family and friends to share and like your facebook page, you could message someone else who has a strong following and ask if they could share your link, really just little things can help build a larger and larger community you can market towards. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
Wow.. that was certainly a lot to take in at once but it makes perfect sense. I like the idea of making a logo for me store and have been wanting to do it but didn’t know where to go to do that. I am going to check out the site that you mentioned after I get done typing this email. I am new to instagram and twitter but have made some great connections on there. I never thought of asking them to give me a shout out or anything like that… How would I even bring that up to someone in a way that would make them want to help me that way? I would appreciate some advice on that as well!

I am still working on the titles and I am going to check into making a logo now! Looking forward to your next response

Thanks,

Matthew
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Go check out the progress😁

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 1 9

Oooo I like it a lot!!! I just noticed one thing that someone pointed out on my store the other day! Watch what images have watermarks in the corners. These show brand names and can come off as you dropshipping which turns some people away. But if you put that you sell from different manufacturers or the brand name in the title it helps with that!

0 Likes