I have had my store opened for about a week. I would like to know of ways that I can improve the look of my store. I do get some traffic in and I've had a sale but none since opening. Also where can I begin learning about marketing? Preferably something that is guided. Ex. Start doing this for x amt of days/weeks, then do x after that.
my URL is michelemaethrift.com
A big congrats for getting your store up and running; that's the first step in the right direction. Below is my quick wins for valuation propositions that I learned from a friend of mine, Robert Portillo.
# Hero image (banner
-> Your current banner is taking up a lot of real estate on your site. Move the logo to the conventional area a logo usually sits on a site. Use this banner to display someone wearing the clothes and enjoying their life looking good for less while helping the environment.
-> You can find great free stock images on Unsplash. This stock library is more hipster than other libraries and might appeal to your demographic more.
# Attention-Getting Headline
-> Your current headline is in your banner image, which isn't good for SEO and doesn't tell me enough. So far, I understand that you're a thrift shop, but I don't understand what kind of thrift soft and how it differs from any other.
# Information Sub-headline
-> You're missing a sub-headline that can give more information information.
# Establish trust - When a user enters your website, they're immediately looking for signs of why they should trust you.
-> We alleviate this by using logos of affiliations and brands, displaying reviews, testimonials and videos, showing the team and more.
# Provide a great user-interface and imagery
-> You're doing this great. You have high-quality images, and your choice of brand colours is congruent with your images and product.
# Bulllet points to express the value
-> Add some copy and bullet points to present value
Hello @michelemae, I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions that you can work on to make your store better and make the customer purchase from you:
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
- Add product descriptions:
- Engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.
Give loyalty points to your customers for newsletter signup, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store. This will entice your customers and will make your visitors perform an action on your store. You can send the visitor email, push notification in real-time without losing any customers. This kind of integration will help you to trap each and every customer and will retain them by bringing them back to the store.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features I suggest trying out the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
Hope this helps!
I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.
1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. Add a detailed product description on product pages.
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. Add a form on the Contact Us page for better customer interaction.
5. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
6. A FAQ would be useful!
7. Create a Facebook account for your store. Having a Facebook Store is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
8. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
9. Add the About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.
10. Add a section for email Newsletter in the footer to give updates pertaining to your business, products, and services.
11. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
12. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!