We’re sorry. This seller doesn’t accept payments in your currency. Please return to the seller.

Mrinal1
6 0 0

Hi Team,

While testing the express checkout payment by PayPal I received an error:

We’re sorry. This seller doesn’t accept payments in your currency. Please return to the seller and choose another way to pay.

As after having words with PayPal there are saying as my store currency is in USD so only non-Indian can do the payments. I just want Shopify to please do a test payment from their end using PayPal express checkout so that it's clear that my PayPal express checkout is working perfectly fine and I can run my store.

Please help me in resolving this issue by doing a test payment 

0 Likes
Ren7
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 48 110

Hello @Mrinal1

Ren here from the Shopify support team. Thanks for your post. 

This is an interesting issue! To clarify, it only seems to give an error when a customer is checking out via PayPal? Do you have any other gateways available on your checkout? Here are some of the other payment gateway options available to you in India.

I do recommend reaching back out to PayPal and asking for assistance with making some changes. Did you open your PayPal as a seller in India or in the US? Unfortunately, is this error message came from PayPal directly then only PayPal can assist as we don't have access to their interface. I did find a third-party resource for setting up PayPal to accept international currencies which you may find useful. 

I'd love to know what PayPal suggests, please feel free to thread an update! 

Ren | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Mrinal1
6 0 0

Hello Ren,

Thanks for the quick response.
As of now, I have just PayPal gateway at my store and I am selling my products in the US that's why Indian Payment Gateway won't work there.
When I had words with the PayPal they are saying if you are selling your products out of India, then PayPal will be working fine, you won't be having any problem while doing a checkout outside India.

That's why I need to confirm it so that I am assured PayPal is working in the United States so that I can move further.
I just want your team to do a test payment at my store with the PayPal checkout so that I am assured my PayPal is working and I can do the rest of the things.

0 Likes
Ren7
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 48 110

Hello @Mrinal1

While we can't perform any test orders directly, as it falls outside of the scope of support, I do have some suggestions for you to run your own tests. 

1. Utilize PayPals Test Payments API - these are steps outlined by PayPal directly for setting up a development environment and testing your PayPal payments. 

2. Use another PayPal account - Since you cannot charge your own account, you may want to consider opening another PayPal account for the purpose of testing, or asking a friend to help you out. All you would need to do is create a "test" product at a very low price, and run it through the checkout. 

3. Complete a test order with Bogus Gateway - Shopify provides the ability to simulate different transaction types from third-party providers using a Bogus Gateway. While this isn't as direct as the steps above, it's the fastest and easiest test method. 

Those options should help get you on the right track. Please let me know if I can help clarify anything for you. 

Ren | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Mrinal1
6 0 0

Hi @Ren7 

The main problem is that PayPal is not accepting money from an Indian account. I have tested the payment gateway. It's showing me an error which I have shared with you earlier. We want to test the payment from the USA. And I don't have any friends of mine as of now who can test payment on my website from the United States, that's why I approached you.

Thanks

Mrinal1

0 Likes