Website Feedbacks - please Help

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I would like to ask you about your opinions of my store: http://pest-squasher.com/

I need to know if it is interesting enough, trusworthy enough, nothing important missing and so on.

It is also my first store ever, so I have no prior experience. I just did a lot of research, but if it is eanough.. I suppose not :D

Facebook Ads

I have already some ads running on fb, the cheap ones to test the audience, but I´m not sure I understand it enough. I do like 5$ a day and i got 52 visitors, with 1 "added to cart" and 1 checkout, 17 clicks on product and one person shared the ad. It reached 1897 people in 2 days. No sale for now. I´m targeting both genders and Household and Household goods.

I was also Targering Camping, but it was quite wide range of people, and I´m not sure about it.

Could you guys please help me what can I do better? I´m not sure if it is interesting product enough. If I need to change the product, I have no huge problem with it, even though I gave it quite a lot of time.

Thanks a lot in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 48 97

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @MrWasabak,

Hyde here from Shopify. Fantastic work!

You've made a cracking start, congratulations. There are just a few suggestions I would make to ensure your store is the best version of itself that it can be.

1) When I was on your store I noticed you didn't have your favicon set up. This is a really cool feature and it makes the page look a lot more trustworthy and professional. The favicon is the little logo you see in the tabs on your browser.
Monosnap_2018-05-21_14-12-43

If you're using a Shopify theme, you can add your own logo to your store in the theme editor by going to Theme settings > Favicon here:

09-43-glt6f-lqe2e

2) Because you are selling a single product, it's more important than ever that you have content on your store that you can also share on social media, content that helps you garner trust. To build a brand you should look at having:

- a strong, relevant name.
- a visual identity (logo, color scheme)
- a mission statement (what makes your brand different
- a target customer (who is your customer? What magazines do they read? What social media do they hang out on? Who influences their decisions? Are they high or low tech?)

There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here. And some great examples of visual identities here.

Remember that you're not just selling a product, you're selling an idea that your customers can subscribe to. So you'll need a mission statement/About Us section.

Check out some great examples of About pages here

- About Life is Good
- About Johnny Cupcakes 

Here's what an About Us page should contain and here's how to create one!

With your about page ready, you’ll have experience writing and also know your target audience so you could start looking at creating content e.g. blog posts for your audience. Writing blog content around your business, your niche and also your products such as:

- guides to using your products
- products that work well together
- your journey in starting this business
- commentary on a major topic within your niche
- interview with an influencer within your niche

*Creating good content gives your customers a reason to keep coming back to your site for more*.

There’s a great guide to building a blog for your business here. And here are some businesses leveraging blogs successfully to promote their brand.

- Afends Magazine

- Clif Bars 

Here’s a guide to setting up your store's blog.

You can use your content to help build your social media perhaps by using:

- quotes from interviews on Twitter.
- graphics with product combos from your product guides on Pinterest.
- video interviews on Instagram or Youtube.
- having your interviewee share the interview on their social profiles

Facebook Ads

In terms of Facebook Ads, here is a guide on How to Set Up Facebook Ads.

Here is An introduction to Facebook Ads to give you a little more context.
Here are 6 types of Facebook Ads that you can emulate with your own store promotion.

To sum it up;

- Build a Brand Identity
- Use it to Build Content
- Promote that Content
- Use it to Attract New Customers and Re-Engage Existing ones.

You should also keep an eye on some of these great blogs and podcasts to keep up with new trends in e-commerce

- Ezra Firestone
- Shopify Blog
- Unofficial Shopify Podcast

Another resource that I would hugely recommend is an app called KIT. KIT is a virtual employee for your Shopify store. It helps drive sales by doing everything from creating highly-targeted Facebook ad campaigns, to sending personal thank-you emails to customers, to handling the other apps that you use to manage your store. I really think this is something that would be beneficial for you, and your store as a way to increase your traffic. You can check it out here.

I hope that helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like