Website Rating!

Solved
Kurt_SNS
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey guys!

I've set up a new store and it would be great if you could rate it. The main thing's i would like answering is 1. do you like it (Rate out of 10) 2. would you buy from it? 3. What would you change about it? Even if you answer 1 of these I will be eternally grateful!  

https://sportsnutritionsupplements.co.uk/

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
261 46 161

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Kurt_SNS!  

I like your style, Kurt. You just opened a new store (congrats!) and you’re diving right into feedback. That’s awesome.

***Do I like it?

First impression: 7/10 - I know that you’re selling something related to fitness. It’s not overly clear that it’s a supplement, but it made me want to learn. Honestly, not a huge fan of the brown color, and your logo looks more like SSS than SNS. The text underneath is so small that I can’t begin to read it.

After scrolling through your homepage: 3/10 - It has a lot of fluff to it. I like your testimonials from athletes, but there was a lot of extra information that I just skimmed over. I’m talking about the features: “Our Sports Nutrition Products” and “Diversity in Sports.” Those are both great things to include, but they didn’t fit here. Other things I found:

• You have way WAY too many CTAs going on. You have 8 CTAs if you include your homepage ordering buttons. You’re going to start cannibalizing and overwhelming. If you use a heatmap to see where people click, you can see which ones are getting attention and which ones aren’t. 
  • I like that you have a community, but this is not the place to invite someone to join. I just landed on your site and am scrolling through the homepage, but that doesn’t mean I’m interested in your brand or community yet. I would trigger it only if a visitor clicks on your product page. 
  • Back to the brand colors, I didn’t even notice your hamburger menu. The brown made it blend into the background. In some cases, that’s fine. In this case, you want it to stand out. 

***Would I buy from it? 

First impression: Probably not -  I would be more likely to order a free sample than pre-order something that doesn’t have reviews yet. There’s not enough information to make me want to buy it. All of your energy and focus has been on the homepage whereas the product pages assume I know more than I do. 

After scrolling and clicking around: I would “think about it” but never come back - If I’m new to the sports supplements world, I wouldn’t even know where to start. I would consider the free samples but then leave without doing anything.

My big questions would be:

1. Can I even take this? Are there medication conditions that would impact whether or not I can take it?
  2. Does it ship to my country, and how much will that cost? How long will it take?
  3. When do you take it and how do I prepare it? What should I know before I take it? 
  4. If I’m caffeine-sensitive, how much caffeine is in there?
  5. Do different supplements have different impacts on my body?

***What would I change about it? 

• Lay it out in an easier way to follow. An FAQ page is the bare minimum; I would maybe even add a chart to help someone who has a heart condition find a product that would work for him. Or if someone’s looking for muscle recovery, which products would be better than others?
  • Look at how people use your website. I’m talking about heatmaps and session recordings, which show you how people move around your store. How are they clicking and moving around? Where do they not click?
  • Work with customers rather than just sell to them. Add a live chat to answer their questions in real-time and run a poll. You would ask what type of supplement they are looking for to learn more about their preferences or ask what stopped them from checking out today. You want to find out more about them AND be able to answer questions while they're on your site. 
  • Be consistent with your messaging. Your homepage says that the product is available for pre-order, but when I go to a product, it has a Buy It Now option. Which one is it? Is it a pre-order or available for purchase now? 
  • I like your Instagram embedded feature, but I would make sure to include some influencers and user-generated content instead of marketing content. Right now, it feels more fake. Adding some “real” posts would add authenticity to your brand.
  • Reevaluate your brand colors. That brown has to change. At the very least, it's hard to read. 

You are on the right track here, and you need to be proud of how far your site has come. All of that hard work is paying off! Visitor behavior is going to help you evaluate your website through their eyes and understand what stopped them from checking out. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
AllFetch
Shopify Partner
510 49 166

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Kurt_SNS

Like the guy said above, the first impression is good because your banner looks clean and fresh. I love it!

But when I scroll down, the point is down too. You're showing too many sections on your homepage. 

- The necessary thing that you need to do first is moving the content on your homepage to a new particular page like About Us or Our Story. Just keep 1 or 2 sections. 

- You can add Quickview buttons here to allow your customers to see more product details faster. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1602122173676.png

- This part needs a title. And of course, highlight all the titles you have. 

Your product pages are quite long, so I think you need to add a Sticky Add to Cart to help your customers add products faster. 

ConveyLego0612_2-1602122351254.png

- This part looks quite unprofessional. 

ConveyLego0612_4-1602122406501.png

ConveyLego0612_3-1602122400209.png

- Add the title to this section too. And I think you know a shoppable Instagram gallery is necessary for the near future. 
You can check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you do that. 

ConveyLego0612_5-1602122511159.png

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 10.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.
- Stay updated with AllFetch: Website / Youtube / AllFetch Community / Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin.
Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
Kurt_SNS
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Convey,

This is exactly what was needed! Thank you for your honest critique of the website and taking your time to do it. I'll go away and make the changes

Many Thanks!

Kurt 

0 Likes
Kurt_SNS
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your thorough feedback! You've brought up some very good points here and i will go away and work on them. 

Many Thanks

Kurt

0 Likes