Website Review - been Trading 2 weeks

Highlighted
Excursionist
43 0 18
Hi guys
Nice to be here. I started building site 4 weeks ago, went live 13 days ago, so far I’ve sold £900 worth of rugs.

Website

www.ruglove.co.uk

I have previously had a site review just after I went live and have made changes based on that feed back - so I’m hoping for a 2nd review and any pointers on where I can improve . Sales and traffic have died these last few days.

Stay safe

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted

Dig the site and design. Here are some things that jumped out at me on your product pages.

Product Page  Feedback

1. I would move the payment/credit card logos to the footer. Helps clean up the product page a bit

2. Not sure I would make the Add A Wish List as big as the Add To Basket. You want people to Add To Basket more as that leads them down the path to buy

3. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. Some products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

4. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

5. Shipping & returns tab is empty. Might as well get rid of it or just link to shipping and returns page at the bottom of the product description

6. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions and the same style/brand. This is going to help tie your site together

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
43 0 18
Thanks so much Duane .. much appreciated, I agree with all points especially the wishlish / add to basket - had not thought of that before
Have a nice day .
Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
216 17 83

Dear @RugLove , welcome to the Shopify family!

Hope your business is going good during this CoVid crisis. I checked your website and it looks neat!

I would like to point out a couple of feedbacks:

1. Favicon is not visible enough, I suggest you have it on a different color. Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 1.53.19 PM.png

2. Use alerts / push-notifications to increase sales. Studies have found that these alerts can boost your  app open-rates by 25% and app retention by 92%. A simple alert for updates and sales can benefit sales a lot. Make sure though, that they're not spammed when 3-4 alerts in website.

3. Invite customers to be part of your community. Also having a blog, getting out articles and having fresh content once in two weeks will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility.

4. Though your product catalog is small right now - i.e. limited products, there still needs something to push me to buy - right now. Just like in a real life store, you want to display your best offers, top sellers, new arrivals right at the window of the store, isn't it? In the case of your store, i don't get this urgency at all.

Suggestion: Add some kind of stickers to showcase stuff like trending, running out fast, back in stock, hot seller etc.  Apps in Shopify app store can help with this by making the process very easy & simple. With labels/badges, you'll be able to tap into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency to boost sales.

Your constant goal as a store (online or offline) is to quickly make a passerby become a shopper. 

Try these feedbacks out and if you want more help, feel free to message me back anytime :D

Fayaz

PS: CoVid offer for all stores at https://community.shopify.com/c/COVID-19-Partner-Offers/Free-Credits-for-In-Store-Conversion-Sticker...

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes