Website Review

APartyVibe
Tourist
4 0 3

Hello Everyone!

I was hoping for some feedback on my store I've just gone live with it! 

Here is a link: www.thepartyvibe.com

I am currently working on adding more product variety and building a social media audience. Any pointers, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!  

Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
765 84 175

Hey, @APartyVibe 

Congratulations on launching your store. I'd be happy to offer up some feedback. 

One of the first things that stuck out to me right away was the way you have used your menu:

I'd recommend devoting your top menu exclusively to shopping based links. Break out your categories so that your customers can see them all at a glance. Don't just hide everything behind a single 'FUN PRODUCTS' dropdown. The result should be reflected in an increased add-to-cart rate because visitors will be able to find what they're looking for at an immediate glance instead of searching for it. You can take this a step further by investing in a third-party Mega Menu app, such as Buddha Mega Menu. It is a feature-rich app that offers a wide variety of great features. Feel free to check out their app demo, here. There are a variety of other Mega Menu options in our app store that you can check out as well. However I have personal experience using Buddha, and I liked it a lot! 

The next thing that stuck out for me was your usage of the slideshow at the top. After slide one, they don't have a clear call-to-action and they more or less don't serve a specific purpose in mind. The reason it's important that you don't add images or slides for the sake of adding them is because slideshows can be taxing on the loading speed of your website. So it's crucial to use slides conservatively and only when you are really to market a specific product on your store. Typically, I'd personally recommend keeping your slides to three at the most and only using them when you have something special to offer opposed to having them there 'just because'. Also, the Call to Action 'Party Supply and Decorations' with a button to view all your products doesn't give the visitor much insight as to exactly what they may find. Why should they click into it and what will they find in there? Being specific is key.

Successful businesses will typically use slideshows and collections to sell a lifestyle, event, or relevant seasonal activity. For example, in the summer a lot of people visit beaches, go on vacation, and are outdoors. So you will often see collections that are tailored to that. For example, a slideshow may be used to sell relevant party products that you use at the beach (towels, bathing suits, coolers, beach games, etc). and have a call to action like "Your Beach Essentials" in the slideshow. 

It may be smart to have a 'social distancing essentials' call to action somewhere that is tailored for social gatherings and events that can spruce up these sort of events while maintaining distance.

I hope all of this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Hi 

1. About your homepage

• Add more promotion (try to highlight it and include CTA button)
  • Include feature of multiple languages and currency to serve more worldwide customers
  • Highlight Cart button

2. About Checkout and Payment page

• Add more shipping and payment information including email, address, shipping fee (high/low/free), etc. and diversify them
  • Diversify Thank you note, send email/make a call to nofify and give them thanks

3. About Blog page and SEO

• Add a blog page that helps you share more about your products and increase your site visibility
  • Add SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description to be higher rank on Google Search

4. About your conversion rate

Actionable Analytics & Promotion - https://ecomfit.com/
0 Likes
Mihir_Gupta_
Shopify Partner
247 9 74

Hey there @APartyVibe ! I must say you're targetting a pretty interesting niche! Here are some suggestions from my side - 

1. You need to have a blog section in your store and talk about various lighting equipment you're dealing with. 

2. Having a video compilation of your products would be great! 

3. You used a nice theme, but the orange color is just going off the road. Try and have a pure black and white theme - it will definitely add magic to your store! 

Because your store deals in decorative lighting - having videos is a must along with a dedicated blog section! 

I'm from CedCommerce - a group of coders and tech enthusiasts trying to help eCommerce enthusiasts with their store set up. You can reach out to me anytime for any kind of customization; add-ons or drafting sales/marketing/social media strategy!

For your convenience, we have broken down a seller's journey to Shopify store set-up into 3 simple stages - so that you know at which stage you're in and what all needs to be done! 

Ps. I'm just a message away! 

All the best for your eCommerce journey! .-. 

Wish you luck for your Shopify journey! Cheers! .-. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
0 Likes

Hey @APartyVibe your products are very unique!! and store is pretty nice))

also, you may update your about pagehttps://thepartyvibe.com/pages/about-the-party-vibe with some pictures or your social accounts.

Nowadays buyers are a little bit scared about new stores... So this point adds more trust. 

Also My suggestion you may put valuable reviews of your product https://thepartyvibe.com/collections/party-lighting/products/cheap-waterproof-lets-party-12v-3d-pink...

As an example, you can extract reviews via (Shopify data extractor) https://e-scraper.com/shopify/#freescraper - from your supplier site or other place

You need reviews because customers belive to customers but not your product description..

if you have reviews with photos and feedbacks with a different lexicon you will have a better conversion for sure.

You may use live chat. There’s no way around it. If people have questions, they need it answered while they are still on your site. You can set up auto invites to trigger when certain criteria is met.

Try to investigate your competitors and act like them - this method is very simple and can show you some other ways of your promotion.

I hope it helps you.

regards,
Alex with eScraper
Extract any data from any website into your Shopify store.
Zabu
Shopify Partner
67 2 13

Hey @APartyVibe 

Congrats on your store ,  I would like to give some design suggestions to help make your store more appealing to your customers and also increase your sales 

1. I feel you have done a good job with the basic UI for the site and I feel you can add more acts buttons to specific pictures to your page and products 
2. change the landing page to a very modern look that has good pictures and slideshows and banners . 
3. the optimization is not done well is what I feel , the store needs to be more friendly to the user 
4. its needs a complete design overall as the consistency of the font and size of content varies very much and don't look complete 
5. the product catalog page needs a revamp as you would need to make it look more presentable with less clutter and change to a different colors to lift the shopping spirit 
6. use product labels to help sales , ill leave a link below of an app that can help you with this 

Stay SAfe 
Zabu 

https://apps.shopify.com/modemagic?&utm_source=shopify_community&utm_medium=group&utm_campaign=store...

Increasing Sales one Sticker at a time
https://apps.shopify.com/modemagic
APartyVibe
Tourist
4 0 3

That was really good advice and I'll be implementing it all! Thanks for taking the time! 

0 Likes
APartyVibe
Tourist
4 0 3

That's great advice! Thank you so much for taking the time!

0 Likes
Frederiek
Excursionist
42 0 8

Hi there @APartyVibe 

You did a very good job with your store, congratz. I like the concept and the products too! Very well thought!

But to convert you might want to change or adapt a few things.

1) Get rid of your carousel please, this is so 2010... People don't like this and they surely don't wait for the images to scroll.

2) You might want to split up your menu a bit deeper with submenus. Now you only have 3 sections, but from those 3 sections, you can create numerous submenus. Just help your customer finding what he is looking for asap. (before you leaves)

3) When your search gives an empty result, there is no link on the empty search page to click further to your products. You might have lost another customer here. Some searches give you an autocomplete feature too, you might want to look into this.

4) You need a sales section where you offer products with a discount.

5) None of your policies in your footer are compliant to the rules. There is no contact information, no address, etc etc. Also phrases like "Shipping and deliveries depend on the country it is going to. " are not really comforting for your customers to buy from you.

6) Your SEO is terrible. Rename your images to product-title-X.jpg instead of "product image" now. Make sure you have alt tags on all your images.  (without this, no organic growth)

7) Export your products to Facebook (catalog sales) and Google (Google shopping). And make sure your metafields are correct (category, gender, colour, ...) This works very well, trust me  

My store is www.sevenedge.com so only 7 free tips

Enjoy and good luck on your journey!! 

Frederiek proud owner of dropshipping store Sevenedge Perfect Gifts and Sevenedge Perfect Deals
Check out the story of my dropshipping journey, I'm here to help where I can ;-)

0 Likes