Shopify Partner
778 97 252
0 Likes
Lilrcky20
2 0 0

Hi @Lilrcky20,

Here's some feedback for your store. 

Homepage

• Add a unique value proposition above the fold. 

“A value proposition is a promise of value to be delivered. It’s the primary reason a prospect should buy from you. It’s also the #1 thing that determines whether people will bother reading more about your product or hit the back button. On your site, your value proposition is the main thing you need to test—if you get it right, it will be a huge boost.”

Resources for value prop design

Value proposition worksheet
Value Proposition Design book

• Replace the images in the carousel with high-resolution photography of your products. You want photography and any editing to be as professional as possible. (It's easy to tell that these images were edited, see screenshot below.)

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 5.57.10 AM.png
  • Update "Order Now" for the second call-to-action (CTA) in the carousel to more compelling CTA language such as "Browse Collection", "Shop Now" etc. There's something about "Order Now" that makes it sound like infomercial language.

• The pop-up in the bottom left-hand corner about other shoppers purchases is distracting from browsing and feels spammy. (I question whether it leads to its intended effect of FOMO.)

• The gift card feels out of place in the trending accessories collection.

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 6.00.06 AM.png

Product pages

• Add copy to each product page in the form of storytelling (in addition to the product description). This is good practice for both SEO and conversions. Some of the product pages have storytelling, but only a sentence. Make sure you've got at least a paragraph.

For example: on this product page on David's Teas for raspberry mojitos, the storytelling on the page is: "Is there any way to improve on fresh mint and tangy lime? Just add raspberries! Our juicy Raspberry Mojito iced tea is about to become your new go-to drink. It’s a bright pink tisane that’s fruity, minty and utterly refreshing. Served over ice with a splash of rum, this caffeine-free infusion tastes like a summer afternoon on a sunny Havana patio. In short, pure heaven."

Joanna Wiebe and Alaura Weaver share 11 storytelling elements:

A relatable protagonist/hero (your target customer)
A world (the emotional motivators)
A call to adventure (goal or problem to solve)
The stakes/refusal of the call (nightmare scenario)
A helper (your brand)
A magical item (your offer)
Crossing the first threshold (CTA)
The belly of the whale (onboarding/lead nurturing)
Road of trials (split-testing)
The happily ever after (future pacing)
The return (testimonials & brand advocacy)

• Gather and share more social proof in the form of product video reviews written reviews, and photos from customers.

More than 50% of shoppers say online video has helped them decide which brand or product to buy (Google).
67% of shoppers turn to video at least once before making a purchase (Moz).

• Consider offering free shipping on all products and just work shipping into product pricing. Once you offer free shipping, provide details about it immediately beneath the Add to Cart button.

In a survey by Walker Sands Communications, 90% of people said that having an order ship for free is the biggest incentive to add more to their cart, while another survey found up to 74% of shoppers will abandon their cart if delivery fees are too high. More on that here.

• Ensure that you don't display any products that are sold out unless customers can share their e-mail address to be notified when the item will be back in stock.
  • Ensure all photographs of products are in high-resolution. According to Justuno, 93% of consumers consider visual content to be the key deciding factor in a purchasing decision. 

• Show all products in context through photographs. For example, don't just show the t-shirt, also show someone wearing it.

• Remove the FB section. It doesn't add any value for the shopper.

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 6.04.17 AM.png
  • This language, "Turn your design or logo into custom t-shirts today!" is super confusing. I don't see anywhere for a shopper to actually be able to do that?

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 6.06.09 AM.png

Create an “About Us” page: 

Social media

• If you haven't: create a unique hashtag and encourage customers to use it and tag your store on Instagram, etc.

SEO

• Ensure that your website meets the standards on Google Search Central.
  • For on-page SEO, add original, creative content to your home page and product pages.
  • For off-page SEO, get backlinks via partnerships, guest blogging, communities, social media.

Moz details Google SEO tips for 2021

• Favicon optimization
  • Breadcrumb optimization
  • Meta descriptions
  • Numbers in titles
  • <title> boilerplate
  • FAQ and how-to schema
  • Relaunch top content
  • Increase internal linking
  • Update old content with new links
  • Remove unnecessary links
  • Mobile link parity audit
  • Invest in long-form content
  • Use more headers
  • Leverage topic clusters
  • Bring content out of tabs
  • Core Web Vitals
  • Limit sitemaps to 10,000
  • Leverage dynamic sitemaps
  • Passive link acquisition
  • Page-level link intersect
  • Be the last click

Also, I shared 21 e-commerce trends for 2021 in the Shopify community in case you also want to check that out.

CMO @ Reeview.app. Reeview automatically finds, collects and displays authentic, user-generated product video reviews for Shopify stores. Using A.I. to manage user-generated videos at scale and beautiful video widgets placed directly where purchase decisions are made, Reeview increases conversions, shopper engagement and customer lifetime value.
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
778 97 252

Hey @Lilrcky20,

You've done a great job with your store. I can tell you've put a lot of time, thought and effort into building it. 

I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions. 

On your homepage banners, I'd recommend having the link lead to products that are shown in the picture.

screencapture-our-fits-2021-04-30-12_58_40 (1).png

Next, I'd recommend adding more filters. When you click on women's, there should be filters such as "Shirts" "Pants" "Accessories" and etc.

At checkout, I'd add an estimated shipping time. You might think longer shipping times would turn people off - and maybe it will for some, but long-term, you want happy customers and it's better to just say up front, "hey, this could take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive" rather than not giving a shipping time and then getting an email 2 weeks later from an unhappy customer wondering where their package is.

screencapture-our-fits-collections-women-2021-04-30-13_09_44.png

The last thing I want to touch on are your products. As you know, clothing can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a shirt or a hat in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be if you are a local business and offer local pickup and delivery, your "reason" as to why people should purchase from you vs the other guy is because you are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local and you can get them their product a lot faster. I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and on the text on your store.

On the topic of marketing, you can expand your sales channels and promote your products on Google Shopping using the AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app (it's free). It allows you to easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to the Google Merchant Center.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3029 175 553

Hello @Lilrcky20This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and see that your store's overall appearance is visually appealing, and must say you worked hard to make it live. However, I do also have a few suggestions to offer you:

- Add a favicon.

- You should add testimonials or a review carousel on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors.

- Add reviews on the product page. 

Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.

You should add a loyalty rewards program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty rewards program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term.

Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

Make your store engaging and interactive enough to attract and engage the traffic coming to your store.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes