Website feedback - Skincare products

5 0 0
Hi all,

Can you take a moment to checkout my site freshrituals.com and let me know your feedback and what improvements we can make to the store.
We are already working on improved product photography but let us know suggestions for other areas of improvement

Thank you in advance
Fresh Rituals
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
90 16 21

Hi, @freshrituals.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I had a chance to check out your website and it looks great so far. I love that you have customized the theme to display a strong brand image with consistent colours, a clear, legible font, informative policy pages, and a detailed about page. Do you have a logo for Fresh Rituals? I noticed that you have the brand name in the top left corner of the website's header, but it might be nice to include your logo there even if it's just the wordmark for Fresh Rituals that appears on your packaging.  

After exploring the website, here are a few suggestions I have for making an even stronger impact on visitors:

• Edit the social media links in footer. The only functioning link at the time I viewed the website was the Instagram link. The others either took me to a blank profile or a page that doesn't exist.
  • Add images to the Our Story page. You've already done the work of writing a thoughtful and inspiring story. To keep customers engaged, consider adding a relevant image or two and/or inline links to products or other sections of your website. There are some great examples on the Shopify blog here: The Untapped Potential of About Us Pages (And How to Write Your Own).
  • Add call to action buttons in the Image with text sections. The "Real Ingredients. Real Results." and "No Filter Needed" sections on the home page can be added opportunities for merchants to find your products and shop, so you can add a "Shop Now" or "Check out our masks" button to encourage customers to continue exploring.
  • Use one Featured collection for all 5 products. Since there are only 5 products on the website right now, you can use the Featured collection to display one row of all 5 products. Then, you can use a Featured product section to call out your best seller, or a product that's on sale.

Please let me know what you think about those suggestions and if you have any questions about anything I've mentioned here. Otherwise, I'm curious to learn more about your marketing plans for the business. Are you looking to work with influencers to promote your product? Are you planning to include a blog on the website? Looking forward to chatting with you.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for the detailed response. We have considered your suggestions and made the following changes to the freshrituals.com :

1. Correct the links in the footer

2. Add CTA buttons to the text sections

3. Created a featured collection for all 5 products

we will upgrade the story page and best seller product shortly.

To answer your question on marketing, yes we are planning to reach out to influencers/bloggers to promote our products. we have some ideas but since are a 2-person team, it's going to take some time to get everything working. Any expert tips are more than welcome :)

once again - thank you for the great feedback

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
90 16 21

You're very welcome. The changes look fantastic! I can see that you've updated your product photos, too. Awesome work!

Reaching out to influencers can definitely take some time, but I do have a few resources that might help you out with creating a plan for it and tackling it efficiently:

Lastly, there are apps for influencer marketing as well that can help you save time in finding and vetting potential influencers. Please let me know if you have any questions :)

1 Like
Highlighted

I really love the branding and design of the site. It's super clean and easy on the eyes. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage by having the "FRESH RITUALS COLLECTION" be bigger, that way it's easier to see products.

2. All the information in the white space on the homepage does not have any separation... it just feels like one endless page. There is no breakup between Ingredients and Skincare Mantra

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search. I would even clean up the formatting and not have space between the Benefits and bullet points for example

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. You have a great site so far and don't need to change much. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi @Sophia

Thank you for the details. We recently installed the Instagram channel on our Shopify account. However, Instagram rejected the request to allow product tagging. Any idea why that would be the case ? we also have an FB page with an Active Ad account.

From the link you shared for Influencer marketing apps - which one do you recommend for our store?

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi @DuaneBrown 

Thank you for the feedback. I will incorporate some the changes you mentioned for XY of the Month and Product Page updates.

Regarding sections on the homepage, I am currently using the Debut theme on Shopify - Is there anyway you know how to add borders to the sections or add a different background color for the 'Real Ingredients. Real Results.' section.

all sections use the same classes ".shopify-section' and ".index-section" so if I add a background color to 1 class, it applies to the entire page.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
90 16 21

Hey, @freshrituals

I'm sorry to hear that Instagram rejected your store. Unfortunately, we don't receive any reasoning for the rejection in these cases, so the only option is to contact Instagram by reporting a technical problem through the app.

In order for the Instagram sales channel to be approved, the Facebook sales channel setup has to be completed first. Is it possible that you attempted to set up both around the same time? If so, be sure to let them know that when you send a report through the Instagram app and hopefully it will help sway their decision. Best of luck with that!

Some of the influencer marketing apps help you to manage your campaigns, but there are a few that actually help you find influencers. I recommend trying Carro first because it's free and it has some great reviews so far. If that one doesn't work for you or if you'd like to try more than one, MuseFind Influencer Platform and Gatsby: Rethink Influencers also have free plans available. Let me know if one of those works out for you.

0 Likes
Excursionist
180 10 27

Hi @freshrituals 

I just took a look at your store and I think it looks really good. There are just a few minor things that I might consider changing

After looking I couldn't find a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

If you found this review useful I created an email course here https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course where you can learn more ways to convert your customers

0 Likes

@freshrituals wrote:

Hi @DuaneBrown 

Thank you for the feedback. I will incorporate some the changes you mentioned for XY of the Month and Product Page updates.

Regarding sections on the homepage, I am currently using the Debut theme on Shopify - Is there anyway you know how to add borders to the sections or add a different background color for the 'Real Ingredients. Real Results.' section.

all sections use the same classes ".shopify-section' and ".index-section" so if I add a background color to 1 class, it applies to the entire page.

Each theme is different... looks like you can not add section breaks on this theme. Keep this design tip in mind if you change themes in the future.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes