Website feedback would be greatly appreciated

Our store has been up for a few months now with not much traffic, this could be due to advertisement not being upto par but also our website lacking features such as an about page, newsletter etc. We still have various additions to make (add products & collections) and product categories, if you have looked and not commented or done both it will be greatly appreciated in relation to helping our brand and business grow. Both negative and positive comments are welcomed! 

We sell wall art as this is our niche so posters, canvases and tapestries are currently available with future categories to be released. 

https://outoftheordinary.uk/

0 Likes
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi Jordanh! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

You are selling original products, which is excellent. 

Consider optimizing your featured hero image further - add a CTA [call to action] button to the image, such as "Shop Now" linking to a relevant collection or product:

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 10.34.16.png

This way you will prompt visitors to click and browse your collections, which will improve your conversion rate [sales] and SEO [dwell time/time spent on your website].

I also recommend renaming “Products” to “Shop” in the top menu. It will create urgency and give an indirect order to shoppers, inviting them to take action [positive tone of voice]. The best performing shops design their customer journey [sales funnel] across the pages with clear CTAs - from the homepage, through collections to the checkout - so showing people where to click and how to browse your website to complete the purchase will put your customers at ease and improve your conversion rate.

Contact us page - consider adding a short paragraph here too. Few sentences such as: “Contact us now with any questions. Email us at [your email address] or fill in the form below and press “Send”. We will get back to you within 24 hours.” will feel more personal and be inviting for people to reach out and contact you. 

Collection page - consider displaying three items per row instead of five:

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 10.38.15.png

It will make the product images bigger, reduce the clutter and help your visitors see each design separately. Having too many items in a row will make the designs blend together, which will affect your conversion rate.

You can easily change the number of items on display by going to your Theme editing section and selecting a Collection page to edit:

Untitled design (8).png

I noticed that your product titles are very short:

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 10.42.14.png

The names are great btw! You need to think here also from the Google perspective. A product name ‘Geometric Sunrise’ doesn’t really give Google any information as to which search results to display this product. It will assume it’s a tapestry from the overall website content, but might have difficulty in displaying your product in more specific search results, if someone is looking for: “100% Polyester Water Resistant Geometric Tapestry UK” which would be much more relevant for this product. If this product was displayed in this result, the traffic coming to your website would be much more relevant, and therefore more likely to buy. 

There is a way around it - you can have stylish short titles for your products as displayed on your website and a more detailed SEO meta title as seen by the search engines - this way Google will see more SEO friendly and relevant title and therefore display your website in the most relevant searches.

Blogging - you have a perfect niche for blogging. Consider posting articles more regularly. This is a great way to keep your visitors on the website for longer, and also to get more traffic from Google from people interested in these topics. 

Blogging is powerful - it helped me get to Google page #1 in only four days with this blog post: Breadcrumbs in SEO. I discuss how to write articles that rank on page #1 in my Facebook group 30 Days 2 Page 1 - join it now!

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Hi @Jordanh 

Every website needs about 20 different items to help visitors convert into customers. At the moment your website has about 10 of these things. 

Here are 5 that you need to work on ASAP 

• Home Page (flow) 
  • Product Page (all the information about product & build trust)
  • Site Navigation (simple)
  • Checkout (consistent) 
  • Mobile Friendly 

I'll email you extremely detailed review shortly. Overall good start. Keep up the good work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

Hi @Jordanh 

The feedback that you have received is enough for taking your site to another level. I would like to add something that has not been mentioned before and that is functionality of your site. 

Social Login 

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

Wishlist 

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however, want to browse more, get more options and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder

Visual Reviews 

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Referral 

The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program.

I recommend using Growave for adding all the functions above just in one click. I do not want to sound too salesy, but I sincerely think the app will help you boost your sales:) 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2427 141 439

Hello @Jordanh,

Yes, paid ads will help you to get a lot of traffic on your store. To increase brand awareness and you can add:-

- Add a referral program. A referral program can help optimize your sales cycle, help you produce quality leads, and take your marketing efforts up a notch. People are more like to make a purchase when a product is referred by any friend. You can boost your marketing ROI and drive conversions with referral marketing. Also, it builds up your social proof and social currency, develops an engaging way to communicate with customers in multiple channels and hit right on your target market. 

You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store.  It helps in increasing sales.

Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.

Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

These are some marketing tools that you should add which will make your store interactive and engaging. It will also make your store more professional. By engaging customers on your store, it will help you to increase conversions and retain them in the long run.

To implement these marketing tools on your store you can install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app.  Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
398 33 125

Hi @Jordanh ,

I've taken a look at your store. Nice products! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. Your store's header menu is not looking professional.  Either change the menu background color or increase the font size and make bolder.

2. The product title seems too short. Add more meaningful product title including the product type.

3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

4. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 4 results indexed by Google. But your website has 55+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). I recommend using SEO APPs such as flare, which regularly and verifiably submit your store content to major Search Engines such as Google and Bing.
flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes
Hi Maggie,

Thankyou for replying to our post, the information outlined is extremely helpful and in depth. We currently have someone working on our site with the information provided, some changes have already been implemented such as CTA, contact page and the collections layout.

We've also checked the links provided and have gained more insight into the requirements of a successful business and running a store with shopify, so thankyou once again for the detailed feedback on errors we have made or not implemented yet.

Apologies for the late response and we hope you have a wonderful week!

Best regards,
Jordan Harte
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi  - thank you for letting me know, and it's a pleasure to help :)