Website review and connecting to facebook market place?

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2
www.Slantbrushstudio.com Hello everyone, I am new to asking for help but clearly I need a ton of it! I have neglected my page for along time due to the fact that I would rather be building and painting and not working on my site. With that being said I decided today would be a good day to change that and become more involved with the community. Thank you ahead of time for all your feedback. Here are my requests. Please if I should be asking one question at a time just tell me. 1. Can I have some feedback on my site? 2. What kind of issues does connecting to facebook and instagram create, if any at all? 3. Can you provide augmented reality to your features 4. Best way or Best provider to create a print on demand service for your clients
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
127 7 13

Hi, @slantbrush

Thank you for reaching out to the community about all of your questions. I would be happy to help you out! Let's start with the more basic setup questions, and then we can dig into store improvements, as that may take a bit longer!

First, what types of issues do you mean, in regards to implementing Facebook and Instagram? You can find out more information about our Facebook Sales Channel here, and our Instagram Sales Channel here. You can use these two sales channels to sell your Shopify products on both Facebook and Instagram. This adds two additional platforms where your customers can find your products and make a purchase, thus increasing your overall reach. The help docs should cover anything you need to know about those channels, but if there is something specific you were concerned about, definitely let me know and I'd be happy to discuss it with you! 

Next, you can absolutely use augmented reality for your products. This is a fairly new feature that we've implemented, and you can find any information you need about the setup here. 

Next, there are a variety of print on demand services that have built integrations with Shopify. You can view the entire list here, however the most popular would be Printful. 

Let me know if you have any questions about the above! If not, we can move on and take a look at your storefront. Looking forward to your response!

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
488 26 99

Hi @slantbrush 

Hey nice job on your store. Honestly it's quite good, I like it a lot. There are a few tiny things I would change.

I wasn't able to find social media links. Adding social media accounts for your store can help you better advertise. If you have a lot of followers on your facebook or instagram, it can create some social proof, and help more people buy from you.

An important thing I couldn't find is a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

I wasn't able to find reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

One thing to consider is adding a blog. If you had a blog more customers might be able to find your site, and even if they aren't ready to buy at the moment they are reading your blog, they are more likely to buy from you in the future.

After looking I couldn't find an always visible buy button. One of the biggest reasons people don't buy from online stores is because it's a hassle to checkout. We want to be able to reduce all friction that could potentially cause a customer not to buy. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales to your site. It's an app that will make your buy button always visible. If they buy button isn't always visible on your site, your customer will have a hard time trying to buy from you. And even if they still are able to checkout, it can go a long way in helping them have a positive experience on your site.

Did you think about adding a FAQ section. If your customer can't find an answer to their questions they may not buy from you. Adding an FAQ section will help to add trust, and make it so your customer doesn't need to leave your site, to find an answer to their question.

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

Just so you know (I had to do it), I wrote a series of emails https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course that might help you with some tips for making your store better (I get into the weeds there).

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2
All music to my ears! Thank you so much for the push in the right direction. My biggest hurdle is sitting down and spending the screen time to get it all done, especially when it isn’t spoon fed.

Thank you!
1 Like
Astronaut
788 50 178

Hey Slant Brush Studio,
After having a look at the store, I conclude that it is quite amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at its place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. Favicon is missing.
  2. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.

3. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

4. Add some social links for better social connectivity.
  5. Also, You have around 29 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  6. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

7. Baymard Institute cites that more than 68% of online shopping carts are abandoned. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.
  8. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

I hope my feedback will help you in converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
455 19 53

Hey, wonderful and a creative store. You should increase the engagement on your store. Start using a loyalty program and referral program to entice your customers. It will help you build a loyal customer base. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, make a purchase, visiting a store and many more.
This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.
The referral program is very helpful when it comes to good word of mouth and brand awareness. It is one of the successful marketing strategies.

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2
Greatly appreciated! Exactly the feedback I was hoping for.

Cheers,
1 Like
Astronaut
788 50 178

Thank you for your kind words.Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes

Hi Matt

Going to answer your 4 questions and also be super honest about your site. Lets me start with your questions:

1. See below for all this.

2. This does not create any issues but if you want to run ads on Facebook and Instagram. You should use an app to connect your Shopify store to Facebook and Instagram. This way you own and control that connection through your Facebook Business Manager

3. I would work on getting your site in a better spot before even attempting this

4. Shopify has a few blogs articles  related to pint on demand

Here is what you should be looking at changing and improving on your store before looking into print on demand and AR. Your site is the first impression someone has with your brand and it's not great. A lot of the replies here are copy and past replies that don't address some major areas of work for your site. You should not be adding a blog, loyalty points, increasing "engagement" and other things like that until you have the basics in place. The biggest area of work is on your product images.

Homepage Feedback

1. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together because product images are the biggest factor with someone converting and buying something. The higher quality and more consistent you product images are, the most sales you can make

2. The images on your collection pages should be way larger. It's hard to see what is in the image right now... make it easier for your customers to see what you sell

3. I would clean up the design of your homepage as the design does not say professional. Your logo jumps out because of the logo's black ground and the white background of your site. Your homepage has no flow and everything looks like it just throw up on the site with no attention to detail taken into account. Your work and coffee tables are awesome but are they being shown off in the best light?

4. Your footer does not have a design element that breaks it out from the rest of the site. It's just floating in mid air right now. I know you got an eye for art as I checked out the art on your site.... you need to work with a designer or someone to help bring that design eye to your site
    5. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

6. Your main menu does not have a home button and I can not find a contact us page. You are really missing some basic bits that can make your site comes across better

7. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Work Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

2. Add a product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search. There are to many products pages I'm seeing without a product description

3. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images and this makes it harder to consider someone to buy. People like to see a product from a few different sides

4. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

Your store is going to need a lot of work but it is doable and it will 100% make your site better and one that convert more.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

P.S. If you are ever unsure, look at what bigger and more successful businesses are doing online. You alway want to be making your site better over time

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes