Website review

Highlighted
2 0 1

hi guys,

ive started a couple of weeks ago with the business.

i can see that there’s a lot of traffic coming to the store, a couple of adds to the shopping cart etc. But no sales.

can you give me an honest feedback?  Does the website look professional and if you were after a candle would this be something you purchase?

thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
445 49 97

Hi @Foxycandles 

Hyde here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify platform and congratulations!

Launching a store can be daunting, overwhelming, and seem like a herculean task. However, it can be plenty of fun building up your site to be as attractive and user-friendly and engaging as possible for your customers.

So, you've made a great start to the store. I do have a few suggestions that I think may help garner more trust from your customers and first-time visitors:

1. First off, consider the user experience. Your customers will start forming an opinion mere seconds into landing on your site. So is the aesthetic as attractive and appealing as it could be? There's a lot of space here that isn't in use, for example

20-08-knmzo-v5cir

Might it be possible to center the text/logo, or to opt for another theme that allows you to do so? Could you also remove the third product that has no image? The placeholder right now is very unappealing, isn't it? Also, consider the color scheme. Does it suggest creativity or home decoration and comfort?

The color theme of your store is pretty important. There’s actually a pretty good discussion about that in this help doc. Here are resources for considering your customer's journey through your store, from the moment they land to the moment they (hopefully) make a purchase:

- 3 strategies for improving user experience

- eCommerce - UX

2. Remember that content is KING. It's great that you have an About Us page!

20-08-pzmi6-u53ej

You could think of this as an opportunity to really tell a story. Ultimately, customers don't really buy a product. They buy a story. They buy into your values, your worldview, what you're looking to contribute to the community.

So here's a sense of what an About Us page should contain. Consider creating a "Contact Us" form too for your store to encourage trust from your customers. Also:

- 11 ways to step up your content marketing game

- Marketing to millennials

So you'll want to create original and innovative content to capture your customer. Two ways to do this are:

- Create blogs: this is super important and here's why.

- Add a video to your store - people respond to moving images and this is why it's important.

3. When I was on your store I noticed you didn't have your favicon set up. This is a really cool feature and it makes the page look a lot more trustworthy and professional. The favicon is the little logo you see in the tabs on your browser:

Monosnap_2018-05-21_14-12-43

You can add your own logo to your store in the theme editor by going to Theme settings > Favicon here:

09-43-glt6f-lqe2e

I hope this all helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes