Weebeasts.com general feedback

Solved
weebeasts
Shopify Partner
18 0 2

I’d love to hear some general feedback for my shop!

www.weebeasts.com 

thank you 

0 Likes
ChoosiZon
Trailblazer
215 39 66

Hi there!

You have very cute products.

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @weebeasts 

Our team at PageFly is completely in love with your store (and we don't say that often)!

We can see that you are quite a veteran with your art business, hence a lot of things you did really well, such as: Bringing a unique personality to your website with witty UI copy, the use of different cute Weebeasts explaining each page's function; having clear refund policies on Product page; displaying detailed reviews and allowing new users to submit theirs; using contextual and in-scale product images; etc. (we can go on and on about the things we love, for real).

But we know there is always room for improvement and thus would love to share our 2 cents on some tweaks that could help you further improve the user experience when they visit your website. Let's go through these tips quickly as follows. 

1. Homepage: 

a. Make sure people can tell what you sell within 5 seconds

Within the "above the fold" area (the part they see without scrolling down), users need to understand who you are, what you sell, the values you offer through the hero content consisting of texts and high-quality images. Your current catchphrase on the hero banner with a "Read more" linking to "About" page is a bit too long and has yet to capture these values in a precise manner. You might want to re-write the copy here and include a CTA button that leads to the "Adopted" page for users to explore your product gallery along with a visually distinctive "Custom order" section. In addition, you can include a similar CTA button at the end of your "About" page so users can navigate back to your Product page easily, increasing chances for conversion as well as finding new homes for Weebeasts

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 11.36.02.png

b. Increase your font size

This tip applies to the normal texts (not headings) displayed all pages as the currently used font size is a bit small, creating difficulties for unfamiliar users as they are already used to bigger font sizes from their past experience with other websites.

c. Include a visually prominent search bar

The search field should be prominently positioned on the homepage so users who want to search can get started immediately and seamlessly, but also so that any user – even those who don’t search right off the bat – instinctively know where the search field is located from the very beginning of their browsing session so they can return to it as a fallback strategy in moments of despair. Based on this, you might want to consider using a prominent search bar with no competing visual elements since this helps users feel rest assured that they can search for what they cannot find yet. This helps avoid making users feel stuck or frustrated when they are overwhelmed with new information and cannot find what they need right away. 

2. Collection Page:

a. Replace Pagination with Load More:

Users generally are discouraged to browse more of the product list that uses multiple pagination links and spend more time on the first page of results. In addition, users cannot compare products in different parts of the list without navigating between pages. Given these and the fact that your store doesn't have a huge product list yet, you can try swapping the current pagination with a Load More button. One critical thing to note is, as you have a larger number of products on the "Adopted" page, please do use the Back button support through ‘history.pushState’. This saves users from unnecessary frustration and helps take them to the very same spot in a list after opening a specific Product page.

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 11.55.14.png

b. On desktop, display secondary images on hover

The primary purpose of product lists is for users to quickly and accurately determine which products to investigate further and which to discard. Thumbnails are heavily relied on when users are scanning product lists; thus, when thumbnails didn’t display enough information for subjects to evaluate products, those products were sometimes overlooked or discarded. Presenting a secondary thumbnail on hover is therefore an effective way to provide extra visual information without cluttering list items. In your case, given that you already have a large number of images showing scale, context and unique angles, it is advisable to have professional contextual product imagery set as primary, and in-scale secondary images that pop up when mouse-hovered.

c. Highlight Key Product Features in the Product Headline

When products have overly simplistic headlines, users who arrive at a product page lack the necessary information to begin immediately evaluating a product. Product headlines are especially important when users are early on in their product search and thus are still comparing products. In your case, you can include information about the size of Weebeasts right in their headlines. 

3. Product Page:

a. Provide an estimated delivery date or range near the “Buy” section

Displaying only “delivery speed” forces users to be the ones to research, calculate, and often just make an educated guess as to when they will actually receive their order. Not only does this make it harder for users to understand when the order will be received, but it also introduces unnecessary complexity into the product-search process. In your case, if you cannot provide an estimated delivery date, at least include key related information such as "North America: 7-14 business days"Nonetheless, do note that: “Arrives January 23rd to January 30th” is much better than “3–7 working days”, and, while not as precise as “Arrives January 30th”, a delivery date range is still much easier to interpret compared to delivery speeds. 

b. Add a trust badge at the footer

To add extra credibility to your site besides a "Reviews" page, you can also include, for example, a McAfee badge showing that you value your customers' security by implementing credible technology. Note that customers don't have much technical knowledge about your set-up, but they hold the sense of security that these seals provide in high regard. Last but not least, our team at PageFly have prepared a comprehensive article on how to personalize your product page for better conversion rate that might be useful for you so check it out here.

Above are our quick suggestions for your store that you can implement right away to see better results! 
If you find this feedback helpful, you can give it a like or mark it as a solution. Best of luck!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector

Dear @weebeasts

Hope the following suggestion will help you.

• Do Proper integration of Google Analytics, Facebook store, instagram store, google search console
  • Add CTA at hero banners
  • Add Custom search
  • Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust
  • Balancing color, font and images etc.
  • Highlight your USP
  • Add all the top featured products on the homepage so users know the type of products you're selling on your store.
  • Add Testimonials at homepage
  • Add Sticky Buy now or add a cart button,Sticky cart
  • Add Promotional banner on collection page
  • Tab on product page can be better

Example: produtpage2.png

• Improve cart popup and page

webcart.png

Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2433 141 439

Hello @weebeasts, I hope you are doing good! here are some suggestions:

The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it - And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

- Display collection list on the home page.

- Display reviews on the home page.

- Add web push notifications that will help you to bring back visitors who bounced from your site and convert them into paying customers. Even more astounding, this can increase customer retention by 7x times. This will clearly impact your retention.

- Add a newsletter signup popup with a discount code.

- Start using loyalty programs for customers for every action they take on your store. A loyalty program entices your visitors to keep engaged with your product and website. In Fact, you can rewards loyalty points to your store visitors when they "allow" your push notification opt-in or when they share your store on social media and a lot of other activities.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
weebeasts
Shopify Partner
18 0 2
Thank you !

this is way more than I imagined to get as a response! I appreciate it and will look into a lot of these things to see if I can do them myself!

really appreciate your help!

0 Likes
weebeasts
Shopify Partner
18 0 2

Thank you for the help!! I didn’t know that the cart page was the color as the side bar- will have to see what I can do to fix that. I appreciate your help

0 Likes
weebeasts
Shopify Partner
18 0 2
Thank you very much!

i appreciate your help! 

0 Likes