Its been a week or two with a couple of sales from friends and family, but its not what i'm looking for. I'm looking for actual sales if that makes sense. So could someone please critique my website? i want to try to fix every mistake and please don't hold back
Tira here, from Shopify Support.
I appreciate you reaching out her for feedback on your store. Congrats on making your first sale and welcome to Shopify!
Thank you for providing your store URL. I took a look at your store, and I like that you have pages on your store to inform your customers what to expect when you ship to them, and how to contact them. I also like how you have a "frequently asked questions" page to help customers understand your products.
I have some suggestions I would like to share:
1) Add value in your product description - I recommend taking a look at our guide on how to write product descriptions to enhance the value of your product to potential customers. I can see that you explain how the product works, and that's great. I suggest adding some ways that your customers can use the product or adding a personal touch on how you use the product (what do you enjoy using your products for? what ideas could customers look into to use the product?)
2) Add product videos - It may be helpful for customers to watch a video of how to install your product and to show how it works. Check out our blog post on making product videos for your products and how they can help you increase sales.
3) Enhance your product page - Take a look at some of the example stores in our blog post for some ideas: 15 Drool-Worthy Product Page Examples to Inspire Your Own Ecommerce Store.
Let me know if this helps!
I like your product a lot! It is unique and not seen often in the market.
I checked your website, the first thing I notice is the blurry picture you used for your banner. I highly recommend you to fix this issue since it might reduce visitors' impression on your brand. Furthermore, you can add a blog post page where you can show contents on some ideas of how to assemble the lights, where to put it, etc. You need to expose your brand through more marketing activities such as advertisement, collaboration with influencers or even partner up with corporations. This way I am sure more audiences would be driven to your site.
Once you reach an amount of audience, you should consider set up retargeting campaigns to efficiently boost up sales. Retargeting campaigns allow you to re-engage and remind customer of your brand after leaving your website and offer product and product informations they viewed with different kinds of attractive ad creatives. In other words, the goal for a retargeting campaign is awareness and conversion. You can start by installing the Ako Retargeting app on the Shopify app store. AkoRetargetingisa cost-efficient tool that could help your business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your potential customers back to your website by delivering the most relevant product information to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. Take a look at how you can set up a 14 days campaign in less than 15 minutes here: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/how-to-create-a-sequential-retargeting-campaign-591861d257b5.
Hope this helps!
Hey there @CameronRix ! Pretty neat store out there .. here are some of the suggestions I'd like to make. Since its a 1 product that needs a lot of awareness, and because your store is a 1 product store, you need to be creative.
1. Instead of uploading all the images at once, you can use the carousel form in this section. This will encourage consumers to swipe the images and they'll be pretty focused.
2. Your store doesn't have a favicon! Try and have one.
3. Instead of having a fixed cart button, why not have a dynamic cart that moves as the used navigates to your store?
4. As mentioned above, because it's a one-product store, you can come up with great copywrites to attract user's attention! The more creative you are, the more it's going sell!
5. If you can come up with some videos showcasing your products, it'll be great! Appliances sell quickly if online shoppers can get a glimpse of how they work, and what it's like to be around such gadgets.
6. You've added a sale offer and free shipping that's great! But why don't you add a spin-wheel on your homepage?
I hope you've decided on your sales funnel and how you're going to promote your store?! That's the next important step! Let me know if we can be of any help to you!
I'm from CedCommerce - a team of coders and marketing enthusiasts who help eCommerce entrepreneurs with store set-up and customizations!
We'll be happy to assist you with any kind of customization; add-ons or planning our sales/marketing/social media strategy!
As a Shopify store owner, you need to know the course of your journey! It's going to help you throughout your time in the eCommerce ecosystem!
Ps. I'm just a message away!
Wish you luck with your Shopify store journey! Cheers! .-.
I hope you're doing great!
I would be happy to solve your problems, Please give me a suitable time to discuss about your issues.
Also, add me over Skype id- live:jennifer.wcoast or Drop me an Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to your response!
Hey @CameronRix ,
I agree with the other posters here to fix some of those issues. But right now we can only point out things we see.
There's a lot of the process we can't see.
My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We also do video replays, so you will be able to collect replay videos of your customers, journey through your website to know who, why, where your customers are dropping off. Time to stop doing guess work.
If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:
If you are interested just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email.
If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.
Hi @CameronRix !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic.
One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways.
If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.
That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.
When it comes to single-item stores it might be challenging driving traffic and have sales because the market for that product might not be too big. That is why I advise to work in partnership with other companies that sell complementary products or services.
The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.