What am I doing wrong ?

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

The store has been up and running for a while now. 

Made the necessary changes yet, I haven't gotten one sale...

https://thebabystation.net/ 

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi, Im not an expert as i just started my shop recently but what I observed as a guest to your site was the pop ups were a distraction from taking in your product and what it was about. Secondly you only have 8 products available and I didn't see the correlation. My advice: Since you have few products, stick to one or two items and make multiple options of the product based on color or style available.

0 Likes
Trailblazer
220 17 63

Hi there,

As it has been mentioned above, once I opened your website,  I got a pop-up asking for the email to get rewarded with 10% discounts, which is great. What is not great that it is appearing within 3-5 secs. 

Also, the notifications are appearing instantly and lasting for a long time. Moreover, it is distracting me since the size of it is quite big.

Since you sell items to mums, then you might consider some design changes. Maybe the font can be changed to a more soft one? I mean letters are quite sharp with current font

Sticky Add to Cart bar can be modified as well, it just doesn't look that pleasant.

I personally, look at the design of the website whether it gives me a proper first impression or not. Also, I trust the well organized and designed website more. 

Hope it helps

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here.
0 Likes

Hi @babystation,

Are you getting any traffic to the store? And if so, where is that traffic coming from?

I'm getting a few pop-ups early on, which I find quite off-putting. Also, the homepage seems to jump straight into a specific product before I get chance to understand what your store sells, what your unique selling points are, etc.

For me, the design works well and I think the style matches your business. 

Hope that helps - Gareth 

Gareth K Thomas | Clarified.
- I will make your website work.
- Conversion optimisation, usability testing, analytics.

If my response was helpful, please click the like button below.
0 Likes
Excursionist
10 0 6

Hi, certainly an interesting product, being a father myself I would pay close attention to anything that would mean “benefit” for my baby.

I would start there, what is the benefit? It is not clear TBH. Do babies complain about sleeping in uncomfortable positions, nope, I didn’t quite get the benefit it was unclear.

Your product is for Moms who would ultimately buy anything to get, say, will get their babies sleeping or resting longer, keeping them safe and so on. You could benefit from using that connection and stating it clearly as they land on your store. 

** Give your baby more hours of healthy rest (sleep happily is another option), while you get that well deserved break from the feeding routine** for example. You get here desired end results and several benefits in one statement.

You put a great focus on product features but these are not necessarily real selling points during the first stages of the sale, however, benefits are. Features become much more important when the potential buyer is already problem, solution and product aware. You can use those great features during commitment and closing. 

Are you doing marketing outside of your store? This can also help you acclimate and warm up your prospects.

Finally, regarding your pop-up, I would invite you to reconsider the image of the crying baby and test one of a Mom resting with a subtle smile on her face while her baby quietly sleeps next to her on the Comfort Nest. An image like this would act as positive reinforcement and can become a support point for the decision to opt-in or use the discount offered.

Hope it helps. PD: I think your product is great!

1 Like
Excursionist
10 0 6

Can’t delete this duplicate message

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
488 26 99

Hi @babystation 

Hey nice job on your store. Honestly it's quite good, I like it a lot. There are a few tiny things I would change.

An important thing I couldn't find is an always visible buy button. The buy button is probably the most important button in your entire store and you need to make sure that your customer can always easily find it. If your customer needs to scroll all they waaay back up after reading your descriptions, they are more likely not to buy from you. A lot of people are very busy, and every extra step that you add is another reason why they might not want to buy from you. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales . It can help you make sure your buy button is always within a thumbs reach for your customer.

After looking I couldn't find a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

An important thing I couldn't find is a blog. If you had a blog more customers might be able to find your site, and even if they aren't ready to buy at the moment they are reading your blog, they are more likely to buy from you in the future.

After carefully reviewing I don't see a FAQ section. Adding an FAQ section to your store can help your customer more easily be able to find a solution to their problems without asking you. This will help long into the future so you don't need to spend so much time on customer support

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

By the way, I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course (I'm not selling anything) that might help you optimize your store.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes