What am I doing wrong ?

1 0 0

I have been running facebook ads for my dropshipping pet supply site and am getting visitors but no sales. I think my website is nice but I really need a 2nd set of eyes to look at it! Thanks in advance guys.

www.petlightzz.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
180 24 22

Hi, @Nick1998nr3!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting this topic. Marketing can be a tricky thing, especially for new ecommerce stores.

Great start to your site and social media page. I'm very glad that you've kept your site clean and easy to view content.

Surface Level Feedback

Although your analytics will tell a significantly much better picture of what is happening, I can offer up some surface-level advice on site aesthetics and user experience (UX).

Purpose

The homepage is a valuable location for your site. Instead of adding random items, you want to add unique, valuable and urgent items. For example, this "Featured Collection" should have a reason for being there. What makes it Featured?

alt

This slideshow shown below seems to lack purpose. There aren't links, meaning, or words on each slide to help deliver either content or brand identity.

This prime real estate section is excellent for developing your brand identity and adding links to more value-added content.

alt

Trust & Content

When making claims and stating intentions for your brand, you'll always want to add a link to prove that. Otherwise, it's just hearsay. For this slide below as an example, who are the local animal rescues? How much has been given to them already? You're missing a link here to a page where you can talk about all of this and feature your local shelter's websites and logos. This is all about trust as much as it is about the perceived charitable nature of your brand.

alt

One other thing to note is that you can add significant value and improved SEO by adding some blog entries to your site. Blogs help you build brand loyalty as well as giving search engines more keywords to work with.

About The Business

Always include an About Us page or an Our Story page to further develop a brand and story. Customers don't buy things, they buy the stories linked to those things. This is a cornerstone area for your store and one of the most useful pages to talk about why your brand is unique.

Contact pages should stay clean and avoid using email addresses as much as possible. Bots will often crawl through websites all over the internet looking for email addresses to spam. If you have a local business with a storefront on the ground, you can opt for more contact details on these pages. However, if you're online-only, don't. You don't want to get a lot of spam and miss customer emails. I'd recommend removing that from your page shown below and the long-form link to Facebook there. Remember to keep it clean and uncomplicated.

Here's our guide on how to create a contact form instead of posting your email address and long-form links.

alt

Social Media

I took a peek at your Facebook page linked on your site footer. Pretty great start, I'd make sure that you're using Facebook pages as a way to interact with your customers. Try to post daily on there, to keep improving your following and engagement. I recommend using Later or Hootsuite to preschedule your posts so that you can save time and create your content ahead of time.

Follow Up with Valuable Analytics

As a follow up I had a few questions if you'd like to dig further into what's actually happening with customers:

• What type of campaign objectives are you running?
  • How long have you been running each ad set for your Facebook ads? (You need a minimum of 7 full days to get some sort of valuable data).
  • What are your CTR% (all) metrics on your ads?
  • What's the Add to Cart conversion rate on your store analytics for the past 7 or 30 days?
  • Are you running any other marketing efforts alongside your paid Facebook ads?

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

With Dropshipping stores, there are 3 main things to consider when your store is not converting.

1.) Your product is either too saturated and/or does not have a wow factor

2.) Your Facebook ad targeting (interests) are not correct 

3.) your product page is not compelling

Based on a preliminary analysis, its a little bit of all (cannot confirm your targeting). The product does not have a wow factor, they're not something I would sell at all. Your product page, has no gif, pictures, descriptions etc.

Gary Gill
Syntech Digital
contact@syntechdigital.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1275 75 274

Hey Petlightzz,

If you are getting views, it definitely means that visitors are interested in visiting your store. However, some flaws might have driven them away leading to  site abandonment. So, you need to take care of the following below-mentioned points for a decent and more unique site look.

1. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for an ecommerce.
  2. Login, when added, should be placed beside the cart and search bar for a more logical store look.
  3. The logo needs to be reworked on. Try different color combinations and font styles to make it look even more professional.
  4. More social links need to be added apart from Facebook for better connectivity.
  5. You should add terms and condition and FAQ’s if any, again these also help in building search engine content.
  6. Instagram images need to be added for better brand promotion.
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  8.  Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope the store becomes capable of converting visitors to customers very soon.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
243 6 19

Hey @Nick1998nr3! Gabby here from the Community Engagement team at Spocket.

I think the others gave great feedback on your store that you can definitely consider to hopefully improve your store. From my end, I'd like to give some tips on paid ads! While there are other means to do marketing for your store that don't involve spending much, such as organic content marketing on social media, paid ads on Facebook can actually be helpful once done right. Here are some things you might want to consider when you do your next set of paid ads:

1. It's all in the metrics you set. I'd recommend focusing on a particular audience based on the products you're selling and set the metrics according to this audience. While it may seem tempting to go for a general audience to acquire a higher reach, it's not as effective as focusing on a specific audience. 
2. In relation to the previous item, always put into consideration your chosen audience's interests and likes. Create the materials for your ad based on this info. 
3. Make sure that the landing page, the page the link you put in your ad goes to, is optimized. Incorporate SEO tactics and always make sure that the content your audience sees is relevant. 
4. In terms of the actual ad, create a balance with the elements such as image and text. This is where testing comes in. Based on your store's niche, create two versions of an ad - an example would be an ad focusing on an image with less text, and an ad with more text. See which one performs well and try to tailor your future ads based on the insights you get. 
5. Proper copy is key. Make sure that the caption and all the other text that go with your ad are relevant and well thought-out. 
6. Try to consider focusing on creating content for mobile. Most people are on their phones so it's best to create ads that are optimized for mobile.

Hope these help! If you do want to hear feedback and learn from seasoned dropshippers, you can join Spocket's official Facebook group. There, you can interact with other Spocket users and dropshippers who can give you insights on how to improve your store. While we're at it as well, you might want to consider checking Spocket out. It's a dropshipping app that gives you access to thousands of supplier from the EU and the US - this assures that you're only given a selection of items that are of exceptional quality and can be shipped in as fast as 3-5 days. It could be great to have items like this on your store, no? In any case, you can learn more and possibly sign-up on Spocket's official website.

Dropshipping_suppliers_for_best_US_EU_products___Spocket.png

All the best and hope you can find the time to learn about Spocket and consider being a member!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
787 35 102

Hey @Nick1998nr3 

- Add quick links like privacy policy, shipping policy.

- Make your store engaging and interactive. Add smart pop-ups.

- Add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. Every visitor can be your customer.

- Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.

If you want to implement all these I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
156 8 39

Hi Nick1998nr3,

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

Header & Footer

Customize your header and footer with specific functionalities. Your header should offer a login, smart  search where people can type in the products they’re looking for.  Also create a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator, multi currency app. Your footer section need to be more streamline  and more professional with secure badges, payment badges, social icons and useful links. Policy pages are missing that need to be incorporated for security issue.

Home Page

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive. Add prompt CTA buttons with a hero banner that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc. Below the hero banner, create categories for all your products in a slider that engages customers. Also your navigation need to be more specific for the ease of the user to find the products.Your Unique value proposition should be highlighted on your homepage. Add testimonial carousels, announcement bars, product slideshows, featured collections, display instagram feed and make your homepage SEO friendly to increase your site traffic and conversions.

Collection Page

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer. Make sure this page has a creative banner to enhance the visual appeal of your store, infinite scrolling to increase page views, 2nd image on hover and product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’, etc.

Product Page

Add interactive and user-friendly features like custom swatches, product zoom in, unique product titles/descriptions, Related Products , cart drawer and a sticky cart with a sticky add to cart and buy now button.

Cart Page

Maybe offering gift wrapping on your cart page, allowing your customers to choose their preferred delivery date and time, include security trust badges and add notes like special delivery and packaging instructions can make them trust and love your brand way more. You can also install the all-in-one MS Complete Cart Customizer app If you want to get all these features and more in 1 app so you can easily reduce cart abandonment & improve conversions. This page is the final step before your customers check out from your store so it should be as impressive as any other page on your store.

Integrations on your store

How do you plan to monitor your site performance and track conversions?

1. Simply set up and integrate Google Analytics, Facebook Conversion tracking and Google Search Console with your store and get to know who is visiting your store, their demographics, which of your Facebook page viewer converts into your buyer and your store’s ranking, impressions & clicks on Google.
  2. Besides these tracking methods, make sure the following is included on your store:
  3. Include live chat option that is visible on every page of your store to keep your customers happy and retain them.
  4. There needs to be a strong color coordination among all the colors used on your store. Try to use the same or similar colors used in your logo throughout your store and in the social media business page banner or cover picture you create.
  5. Create a sense of urgency with countdown timer, ‘only 1 left’ features and promotional banners highlighting ‘sale expiry’.
  6. Ensure your store speed is optimized. You can do this by checking your google page speed score. Minify codes that are redundant or apps that are slowing down the site speed. Make your site mobile-friendly.
  7. Optimize your user experience with easy navigation, proper spacing, alignment, font and color coordination.

May this store improvement help you to convert visitors to customers very soon. 

Good Luck :)

Sudipta 
MS Web Designer | Task4Store
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1000+ Happy Clients

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: sudipta@mswebdesigner.com
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here

Shopify Help on Demand from 19$ -  https://www.task4store.com/
150 + Shopify Small Tasks for Shopify & Shopify Plus Store

Useful Free appCart2sale-Sales Booster 
11 in one App to Maximize your sales and Conversion  

Shopify Free one by one Tutorial for Beginners in 2020 

0 Likes