What am I doing wrong?

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

Hi, Shopify community, 

Firstly, a huge thank you in advance for anyone who takes the time to critique. 

STORE URL:  www.chilledlady.com

Quick background info to keep in mind when reviewing: 

TARGET MARKET: 

• Age range: 40-55yrs (broader age range extending to 35-65yrs)
  • Screen: 90% + viewing on MOBILE (Data from running Google Ad campaigns.  So, f you could view in mobile that would be extra fantastic!)

* Any reviewers that fall in this demographic (or close to) would be SO invaluable to me!  I would offer to review your site back in a heartbeat. 

FOCUS ON:
(*code wizards scroll to the bottom)
For time-poor reviewers focus on these aspects: 

• Flow around the site, does it make sense, is there anything confusing?
  • Product photos - do you like the product photos. Do you think I need more? 
  • The reasons you would NOT buy from the site? 
  • Speed - did you get frustrated with any of the page loading times.  If so what browser/device are you using?

For extra brownie points: 

• Prices - I know this is random for this forum but we are all people. Do you think the prices are reasonable?
  • Videos - did they load and did you like them - why or why not? 
  • Blogs - the look and feel of the blog (my next big task creating more content with links to good websites to get more organic traffic and hopefully start getting a few backlinks)

Thanks Team! 
Casey 

CODE WIZARDS, please help!:

I've been reviewing in Google Search Console and Lighthouse Audits to try and make my site more index and mobile-friendly.  

I have found the errors see screenshots below (I understand Robots.txt is a deliberate block and not an error).  Is there anything: (a) Shopify can do (b) I can do? 

Are the video errors due to this: https://dequeuniversity.com/rules/axe/3.1/frame-title?application=lighthouse
If so, where in the Shopify code could I edit?  I have VERY basic coding skills.  Attachment 6 doesn't look too hard to amend but where can I do this? 

1. Google console Loading errors.png

2. Google console Loading errors 2.png

3_ Inspect Element Lighthouse Audits. .png

4_No idea what this means?.png

5_ Inspect Element Lighthouse Audits. .png

Many thanks in advance, 

Casey Smythe 

Chilled Lady 

(contact@chilledlady.com)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Casey 

Few Suggestions 

Cancel Paid Marketing 

Personally I wouldn't even do any type of paid marketing until you got 20-50 orders. I'm assuming you haven't had that many sales. If you have I apologies.

Organic Marketing 

Plenty of ways to get sales organically. The niche you're in has the potential to do some interesting organic marketing also. 

Track Visitors 

As for working out what is going wrong I'd get LUCKY ORANGE or something similar. It has heat mapping software and get track what the visitors do on your website etc and you can than watch videos of everything they did. That will give you better understanding of what's going wrong. 

As for the other questions I'm sure others on here can answer them for you. 

Keep up the good work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

Hi Clayton, 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Yes, I have turned off all my paid marketing as of yesterday to catch my breath and re-assess. 

Great, I will definitely look into Lucky Orange that sounds excellent. Thanks for that tip :)

Could you be slightly more specific when you say Organic Marketing? Is that SEO optimization, posting on social media, blogs to connect with what the audience is wanting to know about (covering long-tail keywords)? 

Would you suggest SOME paid marketing in tandem so I could gather data on customers and what is/isn't working?   I've always thought it would take organic marketing a long time to start bringing in traffic or do you think if I do the above things well (blogs, social media etc)  it could happen relatively quickly?  Have you seen any approx time frames or is it just quite random from site to site? 

Thanks in advance, 
Casey 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey Casey 

That's awesome Lucky Orange will give you good idea. It also has a 1 week free trial. I normally keep it for a month. Should get pretty good idea after that. 

SEO is good and everything put 9/10 takes time to build up unless you have lots of experience or hire someone. I got lucky with SEO I'm not a expert on it. 

I have a few ideas that would work for you with organic marketing. I'd post them here but other new people will see this post and honestly the ideas I have wouldn't work in most businesses so happy to have a chat through email below. 

https://www.inspiresmallbusiness.com/pages/contact-clayton

As far as time frame really depends. Most people don't understand or do organic marketing the right way these days and think it doesn't work but its pretty powerful. 

I always look at it like this

1. start out organic 
  2. Get 20-50 Sales 
  3. Try some paid methods 
  4. Do a combination of paid and organic 

Personally I mostly have done organic and did about 10,000 online sales this way but I could of really done things a lot better if I implemented some paid methods etc. 

Hope that helps. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

We have a client that sells bamboo sleepwear and one our target markets is women going through menopause. Running paid arounds around this and other key terms has done well for us across Google search and shopping. I'll give my feedback based on our work with this client who sells across North America.

The sites navigation works and the pricing is fine as well. The videos loaded fine as well. I think working with a design can help rough out some hard edges on the site around when you do and do not use the baby blue, which is a great colour choice.

Homepage Feedback

1. I am no sure your homepage header image tells me what you sell or who you serve. The text does but the image could be for anything. I would reconsider the image you use

2. The icons under Menopausal Hot Flashes could use a better design. They just look like stock images

3. If you plan to add more products in the future, I would consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Product Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great. Tell them in the copy how it can help them with menopause

4. I would consider testing the image you use as the cover image for each product. When I look a the collection page, there is a lot going on in each image. Having a clean crisp image of each product might do better for driving sales. Worth an a/b test.

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

2. I would tweak your product description format as I found it a mess to read. There is to much bolded, lots of different style bullet points

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

Hi Duane, 

Great, thank you so much! Great feedback and recommended solutions.  I'm going to try about 90% off your suggestions and will see how that goes :) 

Thanks again, 

Casey 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 6

Casey, it’s a great idea and there’s definitely an audience for your products. If I were to suggest one change I’d recommend reconsidering your welcome message on the store banner. It can be shorter and more impactful, giving the visitor a clear idea of what you sell right away. Perhaps something like - Put a STOP to Menopausal Hot Flashes - can get your target avatar immediately interested in learning more.

Joe

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1022 50 152

Your store looks really good and cool. I think you have done most of the things right, With a little patience and some tips, you can reach a good amount of sales. Here are some of the feedback that you can implement on the site easily.

1. Why don't you try using Exit-intent pop-up- A good exit-intent pop-up helps to reduce retention rate and Abandon carts.
  2. Your prospect's attention span is short, so you have to be quick on the ball. You have got 3-5 secs to grab the attention of your visitors by clearly stating what you sell. Adding a carousel with your features products can help you to achieve that.
  3. The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it -and here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.
  4. Your home page does not look professional at all. You need to follow this layout-
  • Slideshow Image 
  • Collection List 
  • Something Interesting ( maybe little about your story with a link to about page ) 
  • Newsletter Sign Up 
  • Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) I would only use 4.

It will be easy to give you more suggestions if you answer some more questions for me. Like how many visitors do you get daily? How do you connect and communicate with your visitors when they go without making a purchase? 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes