What am i doing wrong?

Highlighted
1 0 0
Hello!
I have a store set up,it is actually my second
The first one i gave up on cause of similar issues.
I don't know what im doing wrong as im sure something it is obviously wrong!
The store is up for a little over a week,im running ads on facebook only (no clue in marketing) 30$ for conversions ad.
I have traffic coming in but walking out empty handed plus i believe the bounce rate is off the chart.
I could use some guidance,help,mentorship if anyone is willing to lend a helping hand it would mean A LOT!
Also i was thinking on getting a course to learn exactly how to do stuff behind the scenes in order to get to those same 6 figures everybody is claiming to make with the help of Shopify.
Anyone you can recommend as a mentor?
A course you have taken or know about that can lead to success?
Is it even worth it to purchase a course online?
Thanks to everyone who replies.
Any feedback is welcome!
P.s lovenbeyond.com is my store.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Neilbton,

I have some suggestion that I think could improve your homepage UX and conversion rate:

1. Make Headings clear about what you sell: 

Along with images, users rely significantly on headings to determine what your store offer. Instead of using generic headings, I suggest you use concise, descriptive headings that contains your target keywords and describe what products you are selling.

Why should it contain target keywords? Because not only users, but search engines also relies on headings and some other factors to evaluate your page's SEO.

Take a look at this image, there are 3 important position that should contain keywords, and none of them does. 

02:09-04.pngThere's another problem with this above the fold area. I think you can rearrange the position of the elements to make the most of the space used:

1. Video: Instead of a video button, you can replace the image with the video and use the image as the video's preview image. 

The button can be and should be used for another purpose. 

2. Call to action button: Yes, your page can contain many CTA buttons, but only 1 of them should be made the most visually prominent. It's the primary call-to-action. 

Therefore, consider carefully which action you want visitors to take on your page and make it the primary call-to-action.  The button then must be consistent in content and styling throughout the page.

3. The 5-second test: Within 5 seconds, your visitors are supposed to tell for sure what your store offers, and ideally take the desired action instantly. That's why I'm telling you to make your headings and description in this area clear and concise. Also, the call to action in this above-the-fold area should ideally be the primary one, which from my viewpoint is not "Watch Video".

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
0 Likes
Highlighted

Cancel all paid marketing ASAP 

Hi @Neilbton 

Your website just isn't ready for paid marketing yet. Few problems that need to be addressed before starting up the ads again. 

As for online course there is few problems that you have to think about first

• Is the person selling it any good ? 
  • Are you going to do the work ? 
  • How much time do you have ? 

Shopify normally takes 6-24 months to work out. So there isn't really a magic course that will 100% get you there. Got to put in the work and you'll get there. 

Keep up the good work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1120 56 167

Hey @Neilbton , here are some suggestions you need to work on and reduce the bounce rate:-

1. For conversions, you need to engage your visitors coming on your site. Make your website interactive and increase engagement on your website. This will help you in customer retention. If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.

2. Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.

3. Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on. 

4. Add call to action in the first fold of the homepage. It helps in increasing sales. Add a 'shop now', 'add to cart' or 'buy now' button. It should be in the first fold of the homepage.

5. Add reviews and Q&A to establish authority and influence visitors with user-generated content. Turn your customer content into sales by collecting and leveraging reviews, ratings, and Q&A. Collect reviews and display them. Reviews or testimonials helps in building trust with other visitors.

If you would like to implement all these on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
357 27 108

Hello,

Adding to @PageFly's excellent comments, I have below suggestions.

When creating URLs optimize the product id by avoiding stop word like "and", "the" and such. You also want to avoid duplicate words.

Hope this was helpful.

Asha

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes