What do you think about my new website? 🤔

Irena
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Everyone!

Could someone give feedback on my new website www.amber-guru.com?

Thank you! 🧡

Irena

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 328

Hey @Irena,

Congratulations on your store launch! You've done a great job!

Here is my feedback as a first time visitor to your store:

On the homepage, I like that you have a video, looks great and very professional. As I scrolled down I saw the reviews - great to have but there are too many for the homepage. I'd recommend picking out the top 3 or if you want to add more, display them in a slider rather than a vertical line. 

screencapture-amber-guru-2020-11-24-10_37_48.png

After you've freed up space, I'd recommend using the homepage to educate the visitor. One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. You have that information on the individual products but due to the theme you've chosen (which I'll get into more in my next point) it's kind of pushed all the way to the bottom and will likely be missed.

amber-edu.png

My next pieces of feedback have to do with your theme choice.
First, the navigation, they have a little hamburger icon in the top left. The eye is trained to look for that menu bar so it makes it hard to find at first glace. People will likely click on your "Amber Teething Necklaces" link on the homepage before they notice the hamburger icon or your visitors might miss it completely.

Next, when you click on a product, the image is so big that it takes up my entire screen. I can't see a price, a description or the add to cart button unless I scroll down. This is not good, you want to make the purchasing process as simple and quick as possible for your customers.

amber-product.png

My last piece of advice is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will take your product title and the description and add that into your SEO (which is what is happening in your case).

amber-meta.png

A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions, it typically comes down to them getting the wrong kind of traffic. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
295 58 183

Hey there, @Irena!  

Welcome to Shopify, Irena! We’re glad you’re here and would be happy to take a look at your store.

First, the good:

1. Great job linking your announcement bar (just before to remove the second US mention at the end of it)
    LuckyDanny_0-1606244410993.png
  2. You included a favicon, which is fantastic!
  3. You link to the product mentioned in the review - great job!

Now let’s dive into the feedback, starting on the homepage:

• Hero image: I would shorten up the video that plays and remove the logo at the end. Because it’s layered under the text, it stands out as a mistake at the very end. It also makes it impossible to see any navigation.
    LuckyDanny_1-1606244411042.png
  • Product information: Run a poll to see how many visitors know about your product before they come. Are they just starting to research it for their kids, or do they know exactly what they want? The reason this is important is because there’s a step missing here. You have 20+ reviews but no information about what it does. If I’m a new parent who is trying to find a solution to my child’s teething pain, I’m going to need more information. There’s a gap in that information.
  • Layout: There are way too many reviews here. Use a scroll heatmap to see how far down the page people are scrolling. How many reviews do they see? This is important to note because 22 reviews is overkill. In this case, it’s not the more the merrier. You may need to reduce it from 22 down to 3-5 instead. 
  • The big question: How are people navigating to your product page? Are they using the hamburger menu? Clicking on a CTA, and if so, what CTA do they click on? Use click heatmaps to see how they are moving across your store.

Footer

• Newsletter: Add more value here and remove the default text. What will they get? A discount? Parenting tips to surviving teething? Be more open about why someone would want to get your newsletter/updates.
  • FAQs: I would tighten up the spacing a bit more. Use a click heatmap to re-organize it as necessary. 
  • Contact me: Move this up to the top. While your About Us page was great, more people are going to be interested in contacting you rather than learning about you. Remove the phone number field and potentially the name field; the phone number field in particular has a high abandonment rate. Add a welcome message that also links to your email address in case people would rather contact you via email.
  • Missing links: Be sure to add pages for Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, Refund Policy and Shipping Policy. 
  • YouTube link: I wouldn’t link it to your personal account. Make a professional account for your brand and build out the videos there. Also, be mindful of putting promotions in the video description. If someone finds it, you have to make sure it’s working. 

Main Navigation/hamburger menu

• Use click heatmaps to see where people are clicking. Again, there’s something missing here - information about your products. The FAQ is helpful, but it’s not educational. I would have an introduction to amber teething necklaces or a guide to get started. Something that would educate new visitors.
  • Instead of “Products” I would label it as something like “Shop” or “Store.” Depending on how people are buying, you may want to have a Shop by Color option with drop-downs for your colors. It depends on your visitors and how they navigate. Watch session recordings, which act live a DVR for your website, to see how visitors move.  

Product page

• You have a lot of great information here, but it’s too much at one point. This is where I think you should break it off to help education your visitors and reduce the amount of information in the description.
  • That being said, I can’t reiterate enough how great it is to have this information. It’s nice to have this information available to your visitors, but refining it would be most valuable. 
  • How do you use it? It may seem like a simple question, but there are definitely people who will miss that information unless you label it as How to Use or something like that. It’s buried under “features,” and that could be an issue. 
  • I would explain the sizing in its own page rather than in FAQs or with a jump link to the anchor in FAQs. The reason being is that most people aren’t going to know if that’s too big or too small for their babies. 
  • Link to your blog post! Your blog has excellent information, and you could definitely repurpose it or link to it for your visitors.
  • Refine your photos at the bottom of the product page. It’s unnecessary and distracting. If you use a scroll heatmap, there’s a good chance that most people aren’t seeing it. Again, these are bits of information that would be very helpful for new visitors who don’t know how safe it is around kids or the benefits. 

Overall, you have a solid foundation here. You’ve put in a ton of work and it shows. At this point, you need to 

1. Learn more about your visitors; you need to understand what they know or expect and how they use your site. 
  2. Refine the reviews and photos; you don’t need to overload them with so many. Be selective.
  3. Be mindful of the knowledge gaps and what information your visitors need to make the decision to buy. 

Visitor behavior is going to play a huge role here, and it’s going to pay off as you grow your business. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Growave
Shopify Partner
929 25 310

Hi @Irena !

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa. 

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well. 

Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.

If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3750 214 669

Hello @Irena, I hope you are doing good! Here is some feedback on your store:

- Display products & collections on the homepage and then display reviews. On the homepage, you have just displayed the reviews so display the products.

- Add policies- privacy, shipping, returns & refund. 

You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notifications which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers.

If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Irena
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello all!

Thank you @EcomGeeks@LuckyDanny@Growave@AiTrillion for your detailed feedback!

I made these changes, as you all suggested:

• Left only 3 reviews on the homepage (with the opportunity to check all reviews on my Etsy shop);

• Now I educate my visitors about my product on the home page - there is more information (even visuals);

• Second US mention removed;

• Video is shortened now and the logo at the end removed;

• Contact me - moved to the top & welcome message added;

• YouTube - professional account created;

• "Shop" instead of "Products" in the main navigation - done.

Questions:

1) What do you think about my homepage now?

2) How can I change theme code to fix these problems: a hamburger & product page?

3) Is the speed of my website good from your side, because in my Shopify admin zone I see score 34 for my shop speed?

4) What do you think about pop-up message when the visitors try to left the website?

I haven't made yet (list for me):

• Change theme or code for a hamburger, because I don't know what code to change yet or which similar free theme to choose;

• Change theme or code for product page, because I don't know what code to change yet or which similar free theme to choose;

• SEO;

• Haven't used click heatmaps yet to see how the visitors are moving across the store;

• Haven't changed the default newsletter text yet;

• FAQs;

• Contact me - haven't found out how to remove the phone number field yet (contact Shopify);

• Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, Refund Policy and Shipping Policy;

• Education about the product from the main menu;

• Refine, reduce product page description + visible "How to Use" + sizing + linking to blog post + refine photos + knowledge gaps;

• Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using a Social Media account;

• Adding Instagram galleries on the homepage;

• Trust indicators on the homepage.

Thank you all! Irena from www.amber-guru.com 🧡

0 Likes