I'm new to Shopify and I have only just made my website live a couple of days ago. I'm still tweaking things in the background, but I wanted to know what you thought so far? Here's my website www.atadesigns.com
Do you think I'm missing something?
Very much appreciated.
Solved! Go to the solution
This is an accepted solution.
I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder.
Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store and want to give you some comments and hope it would be helpful to you:
I- Home page
- You should make a sticky header- a fixed menu bar will help users navigate to the other pages easily, and they will not need to scroll back and forth anytime they need to visit a page.
- In my opinion, the images in the carousel are not in high quality; meanwhile, in fact, they will be the first things users notice when first landing on your website; therefore, it is important to choose high-quality images to make a good first impression and convey your brand value.
- Implementing carousels is a great idea, however, I have some suggestions to make it better. I would suggest using carousels as a place to display your featured/best-selling products instead, by doing so, you not only show the users the products you offer right after they land on your page but increase conversion rate as well. The CTA buttons on each slide also should lead to the corresponding collections/ best-selling products. Moreover, you can consider making the carousels to autorotate but not too quickly, the autorotation should temporarily pause when hovered and permanently pause after any user interaction.
- It is quite tricky when using text-overlaid images, if we did not do in the right ways, users would find it difficult to scan information and cause them to hesitate when deciding which path to take to continue their product browsing. So you can consider either leaving the text right under the collection images or using semitransparent background for the overlaid text.
- You can consider adding Testimonials on your homepage to build brand trust and encourage users to take actions.
II- Collection page
- You should use swatches to indicate color variations: Color is considered an important factor to users’ purchasing decisions. If people are not aware of color variations of products right from the list items, they will overlook such potential products even if they have product variations. More seriously, they might abandon the site and look elsewhere if they did not see their favorite colors available.
- In my opinion, collection page should be like a product list, which is to help users easily evaluate and compare among the products. Therefore, I would not recommend you use "Quick View", users will often mistake them for product page and miss out on important product information.
- You should include both the user rating average and number of ratings on the product list items. This is one of the crucial elements for users’ purchasing decisions. They will rely on both to decide whether they should explore further a product.
III- Product page
- Having a full understanding of products is crucial for users to make a purchasing decision. Therefore, I would recommend you provide at least 3-5 images of products for all products.
- I would suggest you display “return policy” on the main product page content since it will make people feel more confident when making the purchase.
- Users often rely on reviews to judge a product besides product detail descriptions and other info given by a site since they consider them more legit and authentic. I would recommend you display reviews on your product page and allow users to submit their reviews in this case.
Above is my recommendation on your store. If you find it helpful please hit LIKE and MARK AS SOLUTION.
Best of luck!
This is an accepted solution.
I observed few points on your store.
-> And you can use open new tab links in the footer section of the pages, Then your visitors are stay more time on your website.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
-> And you add your store blog, It improve your website’s SEO and increase traffic to your website via inbound links and implement your brand as an expert in a particular field.
Otherwise, Great work you have done on your website.
This is an accepted solution.
Hello @ATADesigns, I hope you are doing well! Sachin here, from the AiTrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and see that your store's overall appearance is visually appealing, and your branding is well done. I do also have a few suggestions to offer you:
- Add a call to action button & highlight the text 'Contact us for Enquiries' & make a button for it.
- Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.
- Add review carousel on the homepage.
- Add loyalty rewards program. Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
Overall, your store looks great.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
Hope this helps!
Thank you for taking the time to look at the website, and for your valuable suggestions. I know that there is still a lot more work to be done, I thought I'd just put it out there in the community to see what everyone thought so far. It's always good to get someone outside to view the site with different eyes, so your expert suggestions are very helpful and thank you.
I design wallpapers and murals for commercial clients which is the bespoke part of the business. I also sell to the general public, like you and me which is why I wanted to create a shop. So my website has two roles, one being a portfolio for commercial clients, and the other for the general public.
Thank you so much again, much appreciated.
Thank you for looking at my store, it's all new stuff at the moment, so it looks like lots more to do. Thank you for all your suggestions, which is a learning curve for me...my head is now buzzing!
You have been very helpful, and I will look into your suggestions to make improvements.
Thank you again
You're welcome Annette @ATADesigns. If you need any help with setting up the features and would like to have a walkthrough of AiTrillion features, I will be happy to help you.
It is Growave. I loved your project. Collection of wallpapers are beautiful and super professional. I am delighted to give suggestions to make your store efficient.
Marketing activities for implementing:
Feel free to check out our App. If you have questions, let me now. I wish you Good Luck!