What do you think of my page?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

Hi, Shopify community, 

STORE URL:  www.chilledlady.com

A huge thank you in advance for anyone who takes the time to critique.   

Quick background info to keep in mind when reviewing: 

TARGET MARKET: 

• Age range: 40-55yrs (broader age range extending to 35-65yrs)
  • Screen: 90% + viewing on MOBILE (Data from running Google Ad campaigns.  So, f you could view on mobile, that would be extra fantastic!)

* Any reviewers that fall in this demographic (or close to) would be SO invaluable to me!  I would offer to review your site back in a heartbeat. 

FOCUS ON:
(*code wizards scroll to the bottom)
For time-poor reviewers focus on these aspects: 

• Flow around the site, does it make sense, is there anything confusing?
  • Product photos - do you like the product photos. Do you think I need more? 
  • The reasons you would NOT buy from the site? 
  • Speed - did you get frustrated with any of the page loading times.  If so, what browser/device are you using?

For extra brownie points: 

• Prices - I know this is random for this forum, but we are all people. Do you think the prices are reasonable?
  • Videos - did they load, and did you like them - why or why not? 
  • Blogs - the look and feel of the blog (my next big task creating more content with links to good websites to get more organic traffic and hopefully start getting a few backlinks) 

STORE URL:  www.chilledlady.com

Thanks Team! 
Casey 

CODE WIZARDS, please help!:

I've been reviewing in Google Search Console and Lighthouse Audits to try and make my site more index and mobile-friendly.  

I have found the errors see screenshots below (I understand Robots.txt is a deliberate block and not an error).  Is there anything: (a) Shopify can do (b) I can do? 

Are the video errors due to this: https://dequeuniversity.com/rules/axe/3.1/frame-title?application=lighthouse
If so, wherein the Shopify code could I edit?  I have VERY basic coding skills.  Attachment 6 doesn't look too hard to amend, but where can I do this? 

1. Google console Loading errors.png

2. Google console Loading errors 2.png

3_ Inspect Element Lighthouse Audits. .png

4_No idea what this means?.png

5_ Inspect Element Lighthouse Audits. .png

Many thanks in advance, 

Casey Smythe 

Chilled Lady 

(contact@chilledlady.com)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1051 53 157

Hey @caseyjo, here are some suggestions you need to work on:-

1. The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it - 

And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions. 

2. The font in second fold looks too large which is not looking great and appealing. 

3. The flow of your store looks great. Just displaying the best seller you can also display trending now or frequently bought. Giving recommendations helps in making the browsing experience more personalized for customers. 

4. You should add loyalty points and rewards. It helps in enticing customers and helps in increasing conversion and retention rate for the long term.

5. Add web push notifications to retarget your customers even when they are not on your store.

Any question you have on how you can implement these. Feel free to ask.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 26 98

Hi @caseyjo 

I just took a look at your store and I think it looks really good. There are just a few minor things that I might consider changing

After looking I couldn't find a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

Also I noticed that you don't have reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

Another thing you might want to add is an always visible buy button. Every extra step that a customer has to go through, makes it more likely for them not to buy from you. If you are getting a lot of customers coming to your store, but not buying, one of the reasons might be that it is just a bit too hard. If you can make your buy button always visible (especially important when people are on their phones), it can help more of your customers want to buy from you, I wrote an app that can help with that https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales .

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

P.S. I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course, after reviewing a bunch of stores I noticed that there are a few tips that might help, and I created an email list to help with it.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes