What else can I do?

7 0 0

I've launched my website about 2 and a half weeks now and I am off to a slow start. Ive got 4 sales so far. I get a ton of cart abandons (over 3%) .73% reach carts and 0.15% purchase. Is there anything I can do to help get those percentages a little higher? Please don't hesitate to brutally criticize my website haha I have thick skin and very coachable so please give me your best shot!

0 Likes
Excursionist
123 0 8

Hi Like, how are you advertising if advertising at all? It seems like you have some conversion issue these can be fixed. Four sales however is definatly not bad! Your website looks good.

If you would like to talk about this more please feel free to contact me via my website smallbusinessmedia.shopify.com

I'd love to help

Sam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
48 0 3

Hi Luke,

I think the "trust" is something really important when you start the online store from scratch. I personally afraid of buying stuff from a brand new store and your store looks like that. Browsing About Us page I've found just a little information about you. If you could just put some real pictures of you with stuff you sell it might work.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
54 0 3

Hi, Luke!

This is Giada with the Shopify Support Team!

Congratulations on the launching your business and on your first orders! Sam and Antony have really good feedback! Four sales is definitely a good start, and having an image on your About Us page is a good idea to promote trust. I did a deep dive of your online store and have a few additional suggestions - these are 100% totally up to you of course!

1) Put your Return Policy on your footer underneath Quick Links

2) Make sure all of the images in your slideshow are the exact same size. If you visit your website and click the next arrow for your slides you will notice that the website moves up and down slightly. This is an indicator that the images may not be the same size. There is also a blank slide in your slideshow that needs to be removed. You can remove the blank slide by clicking Online Store > Customize Theme > click Slideshow on the left side > click the fifth image down and select Delete. Click Save when you are done.

3) To build your website SEO you can start a blog. We have a great blog post called 6 Ingredients for a Good Ecommerce Blog with information to help you create a great blog. 

4) Product Reviews is a free app made by Shopify that will allow your customers to submit reviews of products in your store. The reviews that your products start to accumulate will show your customers that you are a trustworthy business. You can also delete reviews that are not suitable or do not pertain to the product.

5) To make your FAQ Page easier to see, you may want to put each question in bold text.

6) On your footer, the Facebook link does not work properly. This is because the https:// has not been added to the front of the link. You can change the link by going to Online Store > Customize Theme > click the General Settings tab > select Social Media > and you will find the Facebook link. 

7) Shopify has an app called Kit that allows you to make ads on Instagram and Facebook. The Kit app is free and the ads would need to be paid for. I did a calculation of your abandoned carts and it appears that your jackets are quite popular, followed by gloves and helmets. I did the math by exporting your abandoned carts into a CSV file and then tallying type of products that customers added to their carts. You may have good results by doing ads based on what people that visit your website are the most curious about.

Best Wishes! 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
149 0 7

Hi Luke,

You have an excellent website, all the tips given above are appreciated. I would suggest to place Related Products section in the Product page which helps in encouraging a sale through Cross-selling the products.

All the Best,
dsmatepro

https://apps.shopify.com/dsmatepro
0 Likes
7 0 0

Thank you all for the swift replies! I will definitely be implementing some of your great ideas as soon as I can! and Sam Winter your website did not work!

0 Likes