What more can I do to improve on my store?

Arron_goh
Tourist
8 0 1
Hi,

I’ve just started my Shopify store 3 days ago. I’ve already got around 700+ sessions from google ads and fb ads, but no sales yet. I know these things may take time and maybe even a long time ti before I get that first real sale. But, from a professional point of view, what more can I improve on my webstore to actually speed up the process of getting my first sale. Also, how do I repeat that and get the second and so forth? Appreciate constructive comments and feedbacks. My website is theregularonlinestore.com. Thanks in advance! Cheers.
0 Likes

Hi @Arron_goh 

This is Maria from AskBeat. Congratulations on your store.

I have gone through your store and here is some feedback:

1. You should omit the left navigation bar: about us - shipping info - return policy should be added in the footer. Now that you have full-length of your website, add a hero banner in your homepage and add a "buy now" call to action button

2. About us: too many emoticons, it may be considered as lack of professionalism

3. There in no contact page in your store. Create a "contact us" page and add a contact email, address & phone. Having contact information on your website, creates a sense of credibility and trust for potential customers. And always use a @theregularonlinestore.com email address, avoid using gmail, yahoo etc email addresses

4. I really miss product categories... what does your store sell? I should be able to tell from the product categories (and the hero banner / carousel) and not by having to go through all the products

5. The next thing has to do with the return policy. In your return policy, you mention "You will be able to request a full refund, if the product that you ordered : - Does not match the product description - Is defective or damaged - Did not arrive to you/ lost in transit". So, let me elaborate on this. For example, I am located in the EU, where by law, customers can return anything bought online within 14 days of order receipt, without having to mention a reason why. Having this in mind, I would be reluctant to buy something that I cannot return and get fully refunded, in case for example I don't like it or if it's not exactly what I had in mind. In any case, this is certainly a business decision of yours

6. The logo is most often located on the header banner of a website, rather than below it.

7. Pay great attention to your product photos. For example: https://theregularonlinestore.com/products/17-keys-kalimba-thumb-piano-made-by-single-board-high-qua... Some photos have a shop07979....com watermark

8. Since you serve EU customers, don't forget to add a cookies management tool, so that all cookies (except for the strictly necessary ones) are blocked and not set on users devices prior to getting their explicit consent.

9. Don't forget to always follow up with customers who have made a purchase (if not already implemented). It is of great importance to know your strengths and weaknesses and promptly reply to unsatisfied customers. Shopify apps: https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=nps+survey

10. Last but not least, audit your website. In chrome: go to your website -> Right click -> Inspect -> Audits -> Generate your reports for desktop and mobile performance, accessibility, best practices & seo. It seems that there is room for improvements on performance, which rates very low.

Wish you all the best with your store!

Kind regards,

Maria

AskBeat Customer Feedback- Easy Feedback NPS Surveys
Post-Purchase feedback & Abandoned Checkout email surveys
AskBeat Smart Recommendations- Easy AI Recommendations
Related Products AI Recommendations: Cross sell & Boost sales

Visit our Blog: https://askbeat.com/blog
Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

Hi @Arron_goh 

Congrats on your first store! For being a newbie in the world of eCom, you are totally nailing it. And according to your request feedback, you know what you are doing. :)

I would like to aware you though, there are a lot of sites that sell exact same thing as you do, so the niche is full of competition, you have to be prepared to invest your time and finances to beat them all and start selling:)

Here are some tips to improve the site:

1) Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

2)Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

3)Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however, want to browse more, get more options and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. 

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.

We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. Free plan is available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here

Hi @Arron_goh,

I'm Victor and happy to share some thoughts on your store.

1. Homepage

First in your hero section, you should mention what you're selling so people can stay on your site longer. Your Seach field and Menu Navigation should be sticky so visitors can access those anytime, anywhere.

Choose your product images with same ratio so they can be listed nicely in Grid

77.png

2. Product List page

In this page, the Sort here should have a "Relevance" option, and please avoid Alphabetical filter because they're unnecessary.

55.png

Adding a secondary hover image for products is also a good practice to attract visitors to view your products.

Using Load More button is highly recommended to give visitors better shopping experience

66.png

3. Product page

The product details block looks kinda crowded, you should adjust spacing and alignment for each elements neatly

88.png

Product Images should have 2-3 images from multiple angles and in-scale images to easily visualize the size. Also zoom in or magifier feature should be included.

Pay attention to details like text font too:

888.png

You did a really great job in including product reviews, shipping and return policy that could increase trust for visitors.

If you want to know more about store personalization, please check out this article

I hope you find this helpful,

Cheers

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey The regular Online Store,

Better conversion rate can be ensured only when you take care of the overall store look and presentation according to the below-mentioned guidelines as follows:

• Apart from the promo offer, "Free Shipping and Returns for the US orders" should also be a part of the header template.
  •  Yotpo is an amazing assistant tool with the most advanced solutions for customer reviews, visual marketing, loyalty, and referrals.
  •  Include "prompt CTA buttons like Buy now, Shop Now " to the "hero banner" of your store that syncs well with your store theme & branding.
  • "Professional Hero Banner" should be full-width for "decent site view".
  • "Twitter and Linked In" too are crucial for better social connectivity. Hence, include both of them in the site footer.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

May the luck favor you this time with your first real sale.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes