What's wrong with my SEO?

bobbymoore93
Tourist
9 0 1

Hey guys,

I know it takes a long time to get onto the first page on Google however I believe my site should be showing past that... For example, it's not currently on the first 100 pages?

I've completed SEO checkers and I seem to score high?

www.sugar-shop.co.uk

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
997 134 323

Hey @bobbymoore93,

I took a look at your SEO and have some feedback for you.

Let's look at this product for example:

sugar-product.png

Here is the SEO for this product:

sugar-product-seo.png

By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). The product I used as an example has the title "Build your own". When a person is searching in Google for the type of product you sell, they would likely type something like "assorted candy". The word candy doesn't appear in your title or your description. It's a common mistake in SEO to use the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO, including sitemaps and all that good stuff:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
bobbymoore93
Tourist
9 0 1

Thanks for that - I understand

My question though is, if someone types in "Sugar Shop" the website doesn't show? Not even in the first 100 pages?

0 Likes

Hello 

I am not an SEO expert but I do have a little bit of knowledge in this area.

For "Sugar Shop" search 

About 1,270,000,000 results 

Above is the amount of pages Google has listed for the word Sugar Shop, this is an ultra popular keyword to rank for, if you want to get higher in the search engines for that keyword I would recommend you get organic backlinks with that keyword in your backlink.. 

The problem you will have you will most likely need 100s if not 1000s of links to compete for that keyword, not imposable but it will be hard and take time..

Write great content blog posts and many of them on your website, setup an instagram page, facebook, twitter, tiktok, and so on and post daily, join local directories, start guest posting, get organic links, read up, watch videos about SEO.. this will take some work and take a lot of time but if you want to get anywhere near the top thats what it will take. apart from PPC...

Most people open a new e-commerce website, make it look great, have amazing products, do on page SEO but then are surprised they do not get ranked high or any sales.. what people do not tell you is that most shops/store has been done before and it going to take a lot of work to beat the other sites that has also got great looking websites, amazing products and do on page SEO, but they have a running start as they have older domains, much more content, many more backlinks and so on... 95% of all websites do not get any organic traffic, but again competing with them is not imposable but it will take a lot of hard work but it can pay of if your dedicated to your business... 

The small changes we make today, make greater changes for our future.
0 Likes