What’s your thoughts on my one product store?

Tourist
6 0 1
Hi everyone,

I recently opened up my store about a week ago and managed to make one sale so far! It’s set up as a funnel to drive sales and I think it looks good but maybe it’s too “busy”? It appears to load kind of slow and I think it’s because of the large pictures I’m using.

Thoughts on improvements or adjustments?

Luxurcase.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
92 8 14

Hi, @LuxurCase!

Julie, here from Shopify Support.

First off, congratulations on your first sale! That's definitely something to be proud of. 

I took a look at your website and I think it looks awesome. Your product photos are great and of high quality. I wouldn't say the website is too busy; the level of detail and information you've provided about the product is really helpful for customers and also includes some great selling features. You've done a fantastic job with the copywriting. I also really like how you added a contact page and policies to your footer, adding credibility to your business.

One thing I do notice, as you mentioned, is that the site loads a bit slow. When first entering the website, the hero image appears, but it takes a while for the navigation and mailing list slideout to appear. I agree that it's likely related to the size of the images you're using. I'd recommend using a JPEG instead of a PNG for the main image and see if that loads a bit faster. JPEG images are ideal because they provide the best quality for the smallest file size, whereas PNG images are typically used for images with a transparent background. You could also use an app like Image Optimizer or Crush.pics to compress your images, as well as convert them from PNG to JPEG files.

Now that you've launched your store, have you created a marketing plan yet? Creating one is a good way to strategize about who you are trying to reach, what you want to say, and how to get the word out. Understanding your marketing goals can make it easier for you to find the marketing tactics that are right for your store in different parts of your selling cycle. We actually have a great help doc that outlines how to create a marketing plan I recommend checking out. 

I'd love to hear more about how you landed your first sale. What kind of ads have you been running? Do you have any more marketing ideas in mind?

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Julie,

Thank you for the quick feedback on my store. I took your advice and downloaded an image optimizer app which appears to work well as the website is loading slightly faster than before. It's not as snappy as I'd like it to be but it's an improvement nonetheless so I appreciate the recommendation. 

As for a marketing plan, I have created both Facebook and Instagram accounts and have been running some ads on there but I am not seeing as much traffic as I'd like. I continue to tinker around with the audience and images to use in the ads but I haven't quite figured out what works best to generate the type of the traffic that I'm seeking. I have also started working on SEO optimization as well but I need to do some more research there to figure out the best way to drive organic traffic to my site. 

Ultimately, I think I need to create a video ad as I think that will help convert the most. I just use images right now in my ads so that's what helped me nail my first sale.

- LuxurCase

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
147 12 49

I like your store, however, I noticed this: Без названия (5).png

Once you scroll it is still in black and it is appropriate on white background. But perhaps it is possible to make it white I guess, once the background is brown

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here.
0 Likes

Hi @LuxurCase 

I would write some blogs also. That will help with SEO. I'm sure you could think of some interesting angles to approach this. 

Maggie @Rockpapercopy  is great with SEO and has some tips on her social media accounts. 

I like your about page. That's the reason I stopped having a wallet year or two ago lol To much to grab. 

Keep up the good work

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Teem,

I have taking your advice and changed the font color from black to white. I also added a favicon as well. It now looks much better on desktop.

Thanks for the feedback!

- Lux

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 1

Clayton,

I actually thought about blogs for my store but I'm not exactly sure what type of content I could supply day after day related to my one product. Maybe I'm not thinking far enough outside the box...but yes that will certainly help my SEO.

- Lux

0 Likes

@LuxurCase wrote:

Clayton,

I actually thought about blogs for my store but I'm not exactly sure what type of content I could supply day after day related to my one product. Maybe I'm not thinking far enough outside the box...but yes that will certainly help my SEO.

- Lux

Hey @LuxurCase 

You don't really need to write blogs every day. I'd start out with thinking about 3 different blogs you could write. Here is something to give you a idea. 

5 advantages of a wallet phone case 

https://www.eholster.com/blog/5-advantages-wallet-phone-cases/

This blog ranks page number #1 position #1 for the search term phone wallet blog

Wallet Blog.PNG

I'd just google different terms and you should get some good ideas for content. Just don't copy them. Make them your own.

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

0 Likes