Whats the best image size for Theme Venture?

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
106 1 2

Hi Guys,

Im using theme Venture.I wanna know whats the best size for slide image,product image?

How to add star reviews in product page like this?

Any help will be much appreciated228fbba8fec988c5da7d1e3e988948b.png24e3a749692e5f11278e353902ae93d.png

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 18 60

Hi, @Alvin--R!

Rae from Shopify here. Thanks for reaching out with these questions. 

The slideshow image on the Venture theme should be 1800 x 1000px in size. It's also important to note that the slideshow on Venture is responsive, which means the image used here will crop and resize depending on what device is being used to view the site. This means that on mobile view, the image may be smaller and more cropped than it would be on desktop view. For more information on this, please take a look over this help document and also our guide on best image practices here

For products, we typically recommend using images that are 2048 x 2048 px in size. Images of this size are higher quality and can produce better product image zoom functionality, which makes them ideal to use. However, the maximum image size for product photos is 4472 x 4472 px, and the minimum size is 800 x 800 px, so please make sure that your product images are somewhere within these dimensions to ensure that your photos are high quality and appear professional. For some more tips on using images on Shopify, this guide has some great advice. 

To add star reviews onto your product pages, I recommend using Product Reviews, which is a free Shopify developed app that allows customers to review products. There are also many other third party product review apps that can be found here. These apps are developed and supported by their own developers, so if you have any questions or concerns about using the third party apps, please reach out to the app developers by following these steps

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hi Rae

Apologies to be hijacking this - although I feel the question is relevant to this query raised in this thread. What is the recommended image size for Gallery images in the Venture theme - I find that my image height is getting cropped on some mainstream, Apple mobile devices which do not show that way when looking at mobile preview in theme editor. My problem is compounded by the fact that my images have text in them on the bottom of the image. bambinista.com

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 18 60

Hi, @Michael_Mann1

Thanks for jumping in with your question. I'd love to lend a hand with the gallery images on your theme. 

Looking at your site on both mobile and desktop view, I didn't notice any image cropping or cut off text on either of my device screens. It also looks like you may be using a collection list currently, rather than a gallery. Have you made some edits to your homepage to remove the gallery since posting your question? 

Nonetheless, I wanted to share some best practices for using gallery images in case you end up making more edits to your theme. Images used in the gallery on Venture should be anywhere between 800 x 800 pixels and 4472 x 4472 pixels in size, as outlined here. However, if you're noticing that the quality of your images changes once you upload them, then I suggest looking over more information on compression rates here. Equally, I recommend looking over the differences between using JPEG and PNG images as well, as this can make a difference to the way images appear on your theme. You can read more about this via this link

If you can still see cropped or cut off images on a mobile device on your end, can you please provide a screenshot that shows this happening? That way, I can take a closer look into this. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes