Whats wrong with my website?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Slow traffic, no conversions and abandoned carts,  whats wrong with my website?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1151 57 343

Hi Jameshia! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

Your store is easy to navigate and user-friendly, which is great. I love the featured image at the top and the free shipping info in the top bar:

Consider also adding bit of urgency to this image to prompt visitors to click and shop - a button with CTA [call to action] message can help you engage with the visitors, prompt them to shop and reduce your bounce rate.

The collection list below looks great:

Consider displaying four or eight items here, otherwise you get an empty field in the corner.

The featured products [earrings below] look excellent - I love your selection! However the feather earrings’ image is a little irregular, spoiling your otherwise in-line display:

Consider optimizing this image - and keep the product images the same dimensions to maintain clean, professional look.

The area below the earrings looks a little weird:

The necklace on its own - with no other products in the row - feels like this area is a little neglected. Consider removing it for now.

About us page - consider adding more content to this page with info about your company, and about your team. It can help you build trust and improve your conversion rate. It’s a great place to introduce yourself and tell your visitors who’s behind the scenes. This page is perfect for building trust, so don’t miss out on the opportunity to build a rapport with your customers. Trust plays a huge role for online shoppers - people love to know who they are buying from and a great About us page can help you earn extra points and improve your conversion rate. Add a photo of yourself and your team and tell your visitors some interesting fact about each of the team members.

Shipping page - has plenty of excellent info, perfect. Consider also adding the delivery rates info for the international shipping and for the orders below $45. It will help you boost your conversion, if your delivery rates are transparent and easy to find.

Return policy - excellent content. Consider also adding your email address here to contact you [you display the homepage URL at the moment].

The collections page looks excellent - I noticed that you are using stock photos here. Consider using images of your products, as otherwise it feels ingenuine. For example you use this stunning image for your Accessories collection:

Yet you don’t stock these items, you have few knitted accessories and a beret. Your customer might feel you are not being transparent with what you are offering, which can affect your trust - and credibility. It’s best to meet and exceed your customers’ expectations. Use your product images throughout the store - and also consider organizing a photoshoot when you have a chance. You don’t even need a studio or a professional equipment - standard iPhone can give you these days good quality photos, and you can ask your friend to model the items for you, which you can shoot in the park, or an alley with some nice brick wall as a background. You can use these photos later on your website and social media campaigns.

The product images you currently have can look blurry:

Use higher resolution image files here instead - great photos can help you boost sales tenfold.

Consider also adding more product images, so you have a separate image for each color variant. I don’t think your current product template works to your best benefit. It only allows you do display one header image of your product, and the description with add to cart button and color variants are being pushed down the page. So even if a customer picks a different color variant, they won’t be able to see how it looks like to make an informed decision. It’s best to have a product template that displays product images on one side, and the product price, add to cart button, variants and descriptions on the other side - with all the key elements visible above the fold, so customers don’t have to scroll up and down on the product page. Online customers expect instant results when shopping - they are not prepared to do all the hard work of scrolling up and down the page, especially when browsing on mobile devices. Make the buying process as hassle-free as possible on each step and your conversion rate will be much higher.

Consider also changing the product page template or customize it in order to boost your sales.

Also, aim to have shorter URLs - they are much more SEO friendly Your URLs have unnecessary elements that don’t add anything in terms of SEO or conversion:

https://straitlacedboutique.com/collections/accessories/products/faux-fur-pompom-beret?variant=19470... - the string of numbers is also best to avoid, as Google won’t be likely to display your products, if your URLs have this structure. Optimize them in order to boost your Google rank and get visibility in the right search results.

Make sure also that your Google snippet is more defined and prompts visitors to click your listing with the right CTA:

H tags - use them in the right order [for some reason you are missing key H1 tag, which is assigned to the product page by default]. Also, make sure to use your target keywords here to help you rank for them:

Your pages are not optimized for any of the target keywords - insert the keywords you’d like to rank for in the most relevant areas on your pages:

Your image alt tags are correct, which is excellent. Make sure to insert the image titles [file names] as well to improve your SEO further. Also the image sizes are quite large - aim to have less than 100 KB for each image, as otherwise your website speed can be lower, which might affect your SEO. Also compress all of your images following this simple guide: https://youtu.be/Zs-HyLyfSZs

Your website doesn’t display correctly on mobile:

Make sure to work on your mobile-friendliness as it’s the most urgent issue to solve. Google takes mobile version of the website first when ranking sites [mobile-first indexing] which means that if your mobile version is not optimized, you will not be able to rank high in Google searches. It can also affect your conversion rate, as shopping on mobile devices has now overtaken shopping on desktop computers.

Social profiles - connect your social profiles as well. Social presence can help you build your credibility and trust. The best platforms for your niche would be: Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook.

In order to improve your website SEO and design, invest in your complete website redesign package today. This package, as completed by Shopify Partner with 11+ years experience in ecommerce, will help you boost your conversion rate with the right calls to action, sales funnel, trust signals and improve your SEO significantly, so you can start getting organic [free] traffic from Google. Get started now - order your website redesign & SEO package here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/ecommerce/

If you liked this website critique, and would like to request a review of your own store, please click here now: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Partner | Ecommerce expert

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

Learn how to run insanely profitable online store from day #1 | Join the Masterclass: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/shopify-masterclass/

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1028 97 222

Hey there, Jameshia!

Bo here from Shopify Support.

Absolutely fantastic looking site, Jameshia! I absolutely love your products and you have done a brilliant job on writing your product descriptions which a lot of merchants struggle with so great job on that front. There are definitely a few things we can tweak to make your site better.

I went through the process of adding items to my cart and proceeding to checkout just to make sure everything was functioning correctly and everything is working fine, however, I was able to get free shipping for a checkout of only $25. This is even better than what you are advertising on your site so I would recommend updating your announcement bar to reflect this and encourage conversions.

Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews have become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. I would recommend installing our free review app for your store!

You mention that you have been experiencing slow traffic. What are you doing to drive traffic to your store? What online marketing have you been doing? I recommend taking a look at the following guides to help you get started:

-12 tips to market through social media and increase sales.
-50 ways to make your first sale

I also noticed that you do not have any of your social media listed on your store. Social media is a really powerful tool when it comes to e-commerce, it also really helps establish your brand's voice. I would recommend adding your social media accounts t your theme, please do take a look at this article on creating your brand's voice and this guide on making an impression that lasts.

I love that your page is so uniquely you. You are using your own terminology and language throughout. You could really benefit from rewriting your About Us page to make it fit more in line with your brand. All fashion stores will boast a passion for fashion and that they like to keep up with trends. All stores are going to boast that they have the best customer service. What makes your store unique? Why should the customers buy from you? Take a look at our guide on how to build a brand story and our guide on writing a persuasive about us page here.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,
Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like