Why am I not getting any sales?

LanaT
Tourist
7 0 2

My store has been open technically since August of last year. The only customer I've ever had was one of my friends and I barely made a profit. I took a break for a few months to update my entire website — took my own pictures, updated products and prices, and I think my website looks pretty good. So why am I getting no sales? It's been almost a year. I've tried Facebook ads, Instagram ads, promotions and everything. I feel like I'm wasting my money and I don't have much of it. I can't keep spending >$25 a week for ads that generate absolutely zero sales. Can someone help me figure out why nothing is converting? Is it the prices? Does my website look shady or fake? 

Hello @LanaT ,

I hope and I thought you are improved your website like below points.

Rating and Reviews:  Customer reviews are fixes the value of of product, And these will decides the your business growth. These will helps to increasing of your customers.

Add Testimonials: Creating a genuine testimonials are trust worthy. This is the one kind of marketing communication b/w customer and business person. So you can add efficiently.

Add Blog: You know creating/adding of blogs gives you a great way to generate fresh content on a website and provide a catalyst for email marketing, social media promotion to drive search traffic to your website.

Trust Badges: Trust badges your visitors know that your page is legitimate and that any data they share will be collected through secure third-party service providers. Your customers feel they can trust your website, And they are more likely to make a purchase.

Have you added above things? I dnt know you are added or not! But those things are important for website for getting sales.

And if you want get more sales firstly visitors have trust on your store. You can prove how your website is trust worthy.

I hope these points are helpful for you.

Thanks,
Dropshipmate.

Apps Developer Team |
Dropshipmate ‑ Dropshipping

My Answer Is Useful To You? Please Snap Like to tell me!!
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3720 214 663

@LanaT, please share your store URL so I can look into it and provide you suggestions on what you need to improve and work on. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
LanaT
Tourist
7 0 2
Hi, thank you for your response. My question is, how do I get reviews and
testimonials if nobody is buying anything? As I've stated before, I've made
one sale.
0 Likes
LanaT
Tourist
7 0 2

@AiTrillion wrote:

@LanaT, please share your store URL so I can look into it and provide you suggestions on what you need to improve and work on. 

I'm sorry, it completely slipped my mind to actually put my website up for people to review (duh). Here's the link: https://luxeco.shop/

0 Likes

Hi @LanaT,

You can try download a Product Review App to import reviews from other review services and add social proof to your website. This will help your store look busy and trustworthy. 

Opinew - Product Review App | Boosts your Shopify store’s conversions with reviews rich in UGC.
Import reviews from Amazon, eBay & AliExpress in 1-click and request verified reviews from purchase.
0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
212 14 73

Hello @LanaT 

Hope you are doing well! Your shop looks very neat and organized. Good job is done there. The theme matches your products very well. It's heartbreaking to hear that you're facing such difficulties in generating sales. I hope my suggestions will help you in organizing the website better. 

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. I see that you have a "About us"  page in your website but it is quite brief. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes

Here are some of my suggestions you can consider adding to your store:

Home page 

• Header: 

Make your Header sticky so people can navigate your store easily.  

• Banner:

Try to add 2-3 more banners revealing your brand and products. This is the first impression when people land on your page, make them nice and clean. Each banner should have a heading, subheading and a clear CTA button.  

• Announcement bar:

Add a short text on top of your store to tell visitors about your promotion, free shipping orders, products on sale, or new stock alert. 

• Pop-up window:

Similarly, a pop-up window helps to show your sale offers, discounts, or coupon code to attract customers and make them complete their purchase decision.  

• Featured product: 

Boost your sales by adding a Featured Product section. Display your best product on sale with a countdown timer (optional) to create an urgency to your offer. 

• Call-to-action button: 

Add CTA button to your product list and collection list to draw attention from visitors to your store 

• Testimonials: 

Make use of customer content marketing to drive awareness to your brand and engagement. This would help encourage potential customers to take action. 

You can ask your friends and family to write reviews for your store, or to import reviews from other sources, using a CSV file or an app on Shopify App Store. Check this guide from Shopify: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/product-reviews/import-export-reviews

Product page

• Product images: 

Try to add more product images, and images with product on a model, to prove the product’s source and quality. Consider adding video content also (if possible). This is the best media type for an online store. 

• Product description: 

Provide your customers with enough information about the product. Write some words about materials, sizes, ingredients (lipstick), benefits, and most importantly, highlight your USP to catch attention. Here is a good example of a product page: 

Opinew_0-1625622180296.png

• Shipping/ Return Policy: 

You should display the Shipping/ Return Policy on your product page, and add more information about it (estimated delivery date, shipping fees, etc). People might hesitate to buy products from your store if they cannot find this information easily. 

• Trust badge: 

Add trust badges to increase trust and credibility in your store.  

I hope these suggestions can be helpful for your online store. Give a thumbs up if you like it. 

Good luck!

Opinew - Product Review App | Boosts your Shopify store’s conversions with reviews rich in UGC.
Import reviews from Amazon, eBay & AliExpress in 1-click and request verified reviews from purchase.
0 Likes

Hi @LanaT 

I have some feedback for you and which can help you increase traffic.

->Simply having a customer testimonial section can be enough to earn the trust of your visitors. This is because, first and foremost, they are proof that you have customers and are therefore a legitimate business and not some sort of online scam. Secondly, testimonials are kind of like positive reviews from previous customers. The more testimonials you have, the more your visitors will assume that you must be a trustworthy company.

->A trust badge is a badge or seal that you place on your website that is meant to instill trust in your potential customers. Trust badges are traditionally visible during the  check out process, but a new trend of placing them directly on the home page is gaining traction

->Wishlist allows any user to store any particular item in his cart which he may buy later by returning to the  website. This saves his valuable time because the person doesn’t have to search for the product next time he visits the website. When a user doesn’t want to buy the product of his choice right at the moment, he can use the Wishlist . 
Screenshot (19).png

-> Customer reward program have a very powerful and strong impact on customer retention which also has an impact on your profits.
You can provide rewards for Registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more

Thanks
team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes
LanaT
Tourist
7 0 2

It's not a dropshipping store. These are my own products and my own brand. I can't import reviews because nobody has reviewed my products. 

0 Likes