Why am I not making sales? Peer review please!

Highlighted
2 0 1
Hey guys, I’m new to Shopify but I do however think I’ve got a good eye for design and I think I’ve created a good original product and a clean professional store. It must be the business part I’m missing here?

I’d really appreciate it if you guys could have a quick glance through my store, tell me where you think I’m going wrong and any areas I might be able to improve?

For some background info my google ads have reached 83.6K people, with 434 clicks, my store says it’s had 424 visits but no sales. I appreciate a lot of those numbers are more affected by my ad copy and general marketing strategy, however with 424 visits to my site and not a single sale I’m starting to question where I’m going wrong...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

EDIT** - store url is www.pedigreeprints.co.uk
1 Like
Highlighted

Hi @PedigreePrints 

While your website could use some small adjustments I don't really think that is the problem. Most likely the wrong type of traffic plus 424 views isn't really that many. I normally like to test websites out using free organic methods first before running paid marketing. 

Instagram is a good way to test the website. I can send you some information on that if you like. 

Track Your Visitors 

Also a good app to see what is going wrong on your website is called "Lucky Orange" Its heat mapping software that allows you to view videos of what your visitors are doing on the site. This should give you a good idea of what is going wrong also. 

Shopify Is all a learning curve my friend and I'm sure you will get there in the end. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1
Hey Clayton!

I really appreciate you taking the time to have a look through my site and give me some feedback, so Thankyou!

I feel much better about it after your response 😂 I have been using organic growth also through instagram but it’s been slow reaching people, I will have another look at my targeting for google ads and see what improvements I can make there 😊

I have been using “Hingsight” tracking but the app doesn’t seem to function the best, maybe I’ll try the “lucky orange” app you’ve recommended.

Cheers,

Oliver
0 Likes
Highlighted

@PedigreePrints wrote:
Hey Clayton!

I really appreciate you taking the time to have a look through my site and give me some feedback, so Thankyou!

I feel much better about it after your response 😂 I have been using organic growth also through instagram but it’s been slow reaching people, I will have another look at my targeting for google ads and see what improvements I can make there 😊

I have been using “Hingsight” tracking but the app doesn’t seem to function the best, maybe I’ll try the “lucky orange” app you’ve recommended.

Cheers,

Oliver

Hi Oliver

No dramas at all. With Instagram this is what my top clients normally do. 

• Research hashtags 
  • Post every day 
  • comment on other peoples post in there niche 10-100 times a day
  • Reply to all there own comments 
  • Follow 20-30 people that follow brands in there niche a day 

Its a slow grind but once you start getting good amount of followers its worth it 

Yeah I love lucky orange. At least give the 7 day free trial a go. 

Good luck with it all and if you ever want to bounce any ideas of me shoot me a message 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey Pedigree Prints,

There is a very little gap between attracting traffic and receiving sales on your ecommerce store once, your ecommerce store lags certain important essentials. Here are some of them mentioned below for your store as well:

1. Desire your information to be more secure, "Login" account is an efficient solution and it helps in keeping a track of your order details as well.
  2. "Limited time offers" should be highlighted using a unique header template.
  3. Add "Twitter, Linked in" to the footer social links as well for better connectivity.
  4. "Trending or popular or new arrivals" should be added for site popularity.
  5. The addition of "alternate payment methods" apart from "Gpay and Paypal" would help in offering different options to the customers to pay according to their requirements.
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  7. Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  8. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish the fortune favours you in the form of lots of conversions very soon.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1174 58 350

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

You have put a lot of work into your website, and I absolutely love the strong branding. Consider optimizing your sliding images further - add a CTA [call to action] button to each image, such as "Shop Now" linking to a relevant collection or product:

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 15.23.22.png

This way you will prompt visitors to click and browse your collections, which will improve your conversion rate [sales] and SEO [dwell time/time spent on your website].

Consider adding a professional email address here [such as sales@yourdomain.com] instead of  free one:

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 15.23.46.png

It’s a great way to build trust as an established business. You can create a custom email address matching your domain with G-Suite - learn how to do it here: https://youtu.be/j_0ho2PUyTI 

Social media - make sure to open the icons on your website in new tabs, so you don’t lose valuable traffic. Please check this helpful guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/navigation/open-external-links-in-new-browser 

Not all traffic is equal - just because someone clicks to your website from Facebook or Google doesn't mean they will buy - or that they will buy right away. Make sure to get clicks in terms of building awareness for your brand, but then focus on converting those who clicked and viewed your product into buyers. You do it through retargeting ads and email marketing.

Here's a detailed guide on how to design a winning PPC ad funnel: https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/facebook-ad-funnels-framework-charlie-lawrence/

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1051 53 157

Hey @PedigreePrints, here are some suggestions:-

1. There is a lot of blank space in the first fold of the homepage. Add slider images with a call to action button on it. First fold of the homepage should have a call to action button. It can be like 'shop now', 'click here'.

2. You should make your store interactive for more conversions. Paid ads are the most effective source to drive traffic and a good amount of visitors to the store and for converting that traffic into sales you have to make sure that your store is engaging enough to entice your customers. Give Loyalty points and rewards to the customers. Use Email marketing, customer segmentation which will help you to send targeted emails with workflow automation. It will help you to increase conversions and sales. Also, you can give rewards to your customers. Add web push notification to send updates to your customers even when they are not on your store without getting their email address. These marketing tools helps in increase the eCommerce conversions. 

These strategies will help you to convert your traffic into paying customers and will reduce the bounce rate.

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.

If you would like to know how to implement this, don't hesitate to ask. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
1 Like