Why are my visitors not completing their purchases

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

I just went live with my shopify store and I am getting a good amount of traffic even at this early point. However, I have already had 5 people abandon cart and not purchase. I am sure there will be abandons however not to get a single purchase from any of those users leads me to believe there is an issue with the final stage in the purchase path. I am charging for shipping and this could be the culprit. The user gets to through to the final stage in the cart, sees there is a shipping charge and says, I am not paying for shipping when there is free shipping elsewhere. Or maybe that isnt the issue. Can anyone run thorough my purchase path and let me know what they think would cause cart drop offs and cart abandons? The site is https://www.jewelili.com

Thanks!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
50 1 4

Hi Joseph!

So I went to check your pay buttons and I get an error when I attempt to pay via Amazon Pay. This may be causing some people to abandon their cart. I'm not sure if this is on your end, I'm just reporting my experience:

Error Summary

400 Bad Request

The redirect URI you provided has not been whitelisted for your application. Please add your redirect URI in the 'Allowed Return URLs' section under 'Web Settings' on the Amazon Seller Central App Console for Login with Amazon.

Request Details

client_id=amzn1.application-oa2-client.eb355fec40e84cc78c3ba109dc8915f4

redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.jewelili.com%2F23421033%2Famazon_payments%2Fcallback

response_type=token

language=

ui_locales=

scope=payments%3Awidget%20payments%3Ashipping_address

Also, while cart abandonment is often disheartening, it's actually quite common. Here are some statisticsc to consider:

"The abandonment rate is the ratio of the number of abandoned shopping carts to the number of initiated transactions or to the number of completed transactions. The typical shopping cart abandonment rate for online retailers varies between 60% and 80%, with an average of 67.91%."

Another thing you might want to consider is a call to action that prompts urgency, like "Buy 2 and get the 3rd free, today only!" People are more likely to complete a purchase when they believe there's a sense of urgency :) 

Good luck, my friend!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

This is the type of feedback I need. Thanks so much! 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
84 0 6

Nice website! ??

That'spretty common with new shops. We opened ours a few months ago and same thing happened to us, and I've seen this all the time with other new stores.

Hope you can figure out if there is an issues within the check out process.

If I may, I would suggest using more neutral colors on your website. I think purple is a little much. That's my opinion.

I would also remove "Powered by Shopify" from the footer. 

All the best!

_____

Ready to conquer the world?
Make an impression with MOO business cards of all shapes and sizes. ➡️Click here for a 20% off your entire order!

Mr. Bunny invites you to check out the many free #MagicBunnySavings offers at Masskoupons.com

Never pay full price. Use promotion codes and SAVE! | www.masskoupons.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
284 0 40

Hey there,

I think the big issue is a lack of trust. There's no information about you whatsoever. No name, address, phone number...nothing. And while you do have a return policy listed, there is no shipping policy. How long will it take for orders to arrive?

Ask yourself the question "If I were a customer, would I feel comfortable handing over my CC information to this site?" If the answer is no, identify the reasons why, then change them.

You may be the most trustworthy person in the world, but the customer doesn't know that.

I hope this helps!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Thanks Mass Koupons. Appreciate the feedback. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Thank you Nostromo for the feedback. I appreciate the insight. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 2 52

Hi, Joseph!

Lisa here from the Shopify Social Care Team. Great advice from the members above. 

I had a run through your checkout process, specifically to see what shipping options were offered. Not having adequate information on shipping is one of the leading reasons for abandoned carts. Here's an excellent article on How to Reduce Shopping Cart Abandonment by Optimizing the Checkout.

Building on Nostromo's point of establishing trust with the customer, the customer's confidence in your store and shipping strategy is very important. Quite possibly, one of the greatest barrier's to online shopping is the fact that the item has to be shipped. In the decision-making process of a customer, time and cost is a consideration, however at the end of the day, the need to feel comfortable that their item is going to arrive safely. Online shoppers are essentially buying 'sight unseen' with no real guarantee that their items are going to show up. This is why it is extremely important to make the customer feel secure that adequate shipping, tracking and where possible, insurance is provided. Here is a shipping and fulfillment guide to check out for ideas on best practices.

If insured shipping isn't an option for your products, for example, if you're dropshipping, another way you can assure customers is to re-name your shipping options to include 'tracked package'. This will indicate to the customer that they will have updates along the way for their parcel and aimed to put expectant customer minds at ease. (Be sure to actually provide tracking numbers from your supplier or shipping service ). 

On your site when I reached checkout, shipping was $3.19 for a $168.42 'Diamond ring', this seemed suspicious. Firstly, shipping jewelry already feels like a massive risk because of the potential for it to get lost or stolen. Secondly, buying jewelry online is already a risk as you cannot see or feel the quality of the item. When the only shipping option is 'Standard' with no evidence of tracking, chances are customers will go running for the hills. Due to fraudulent activity that can happen online, most customers would rather be safe than sorry. That is why you must do everything in your power to prove your store is worthy of their business and that you're a legitimate, honest store owner. Here's an article on 9 Ways to Earn Customer Trust When You Have Zero Sales

To better your site, I suggest you add a clear shipping policy in your footer. Here's a free Shipping Policy template. As well as update your shipping options to be more comprehensive and transparent. I'll leave you with The Beginner's Guide to Ecommerce Shipping and Fulfillment

Let me know if this helps to reduce your abandoned carts, in turn, increasing sales.

- Lisa

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello Lisa and thanks for the insight. The shipping component is what felt like an issue to me as well. The reason for the shipping fee was to cover the cost of shipping the item since fullfillment is being done by Amazon. Thank you so much for all these tid bits you sent. I will certain have this incorporated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi Joseph,

When you mentioned Abandoned Cart could be the frequency of sending emails and the content you are sending.

We have heaps of articles that might give you some advice:

https://ecango.com/blog/

- Ecango Team

Ready for a done-for-you marketing revolution? Market like a pro in minutes not hours or days. www.ecango.com  
0 Likes