Hey, hopefully someone can help me with this. I have had my website up for a couple of days now. I have promoted it on my social media account, did paid promotions through other people accounts, and paid for Facebook ads & Instagram ads. So far, with the Instagram & Facebook ads I have had over 500-1000 impressions and over 100 website website visits. Pinterest I have had the same results. It seems as thought people like what I’m selling because they visit, but no one has bought anything or added any items to their cart.I am wondering if its because I have pre-order on all my merchandise meaning I don’t have the physical product. Should I buy some of the products and see how they do l? I was trying to avoid coming out of my pocket to pay for the Products? Our pre-orders not successful? (Kitchen-nista.com)
It's a common misconception to label high amounts of traffic as success. Ads are only successful if you are getting a return on your investment. When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). We recently released a 2021 Shopify Ad Strategy video that I'd recommend giving a watch:
Right now you don't have a lot of products in your store so I'd recommend before adding any more products, give this a watch:
A good product choice should have these qualities:
In the video we share a website that finds trending products for you. If you decide to give it a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Hello @Kitchen-nista, I hope you are doing good! here are some suggestions:
- You should first work on the layout of the store. Make it professional and attractive enough to grab visitors' attention. If the browsing experience will be good customers will purchase from you. The store design is very important.
- Categorize the products.
- Setup Product recommendations on product pages as well as cart pages.
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram shop & feed
To add new/ trending/ recently viewed products you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations.
- Add web push notifications in your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly. You can send price drop alerts and notifications of discounts and offers. It helps to bring back customers to your store to make a purchase.
- Add an attractive discount popup with a discount code.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!