Why aren't people buying from my store?

Highlighted
2 0 2

Hello,

My shopify store is around 1 month old and so far I have 1000 visitors, however I only have 9 purchases. Most of the time, people visit my website, surf the pages and leave without checking out or even adding to cart.

So far I have advertised on Facebook and Instagram, I have also reached out to many instagram influencers related to my merch, in order to advertise my products and to feature my website.

Is it possible to know the reason why only ~~1% of people are buying? Might it be the website design, composition,..? Or is it the prices?

Help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like
Highlighted
Pathfinder
284 0 40

Hello there,

I like your products, and have identified possible reasons why people may not be purchasing from you.

1. There is no information about you. Your About Us section is literally one sentence, which gives me the impression it was quickly thrown together.
  2. Your contact email is a free gmail address. In order to come across as more professional, a professional email address would be great.
  3. There is no information about shipping. How long will the order take to process before it ships? How long will it take to arrive once it ships?
  4. Finally, I googled many of your products, and found the same (or similar) on Amazon and other sites. Needless to say, Amazon is very trustworthy. It's extremely unlikely that if a customer places an order on Amazon, they will be screwed out of their money. Even if that particular Amazon seller vanishes, you will still likely receive a refund from Amazon itself. I'm not saying you're out to scam people at all. But try to put yourself in the shoes of a potential customer. Would you feel comfortable buying from a website where there is no information about the people who run it, and no shipping info, etc?

I hope this helps! 

Good luck.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
62 0 7

Nice site! 

I think it can be improved. :-)

We also recently opened our store (https://masskoupons.com/) and we get a lot of traffic from Facebook, but no sales. I think we have had one or two sales? 

We are on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MassKoupons/) 

AND

Twitter  (https://www.Twitter.com/MassKoupons/) and people visit our site for a few seconds and leave. 

We have had almost 100 sales so far, but we use other sources. We don't realy on Facebook.

I think that's pretty good that you have had 9 sales in a month. Is just the beginning, it will get better! ?

Keep improving your site and don't give up!

Everyone, please come visit my our site for "Magic Bunny Savings." ? 

If anyone is willing to like our business Facebook page or follow us on Twitter, we'll gladly like yours AND follow back. It's a win-win! 

Let's help each other. ??

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 5

I would get rid of the pop up box that keeps saying 'someone has just purchased a bla bla bla in the last hour' as:

A, its obviously a lie (as you state very limited sales)

B, customers don't care

C, looks amateurish and is very very annoying.

Mark

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
97 0 2

When we launch a new website/service/product, we first doing branding and we try to bring awareness.. word-of-mouth - therfore - is needed..and thats why micro-Influencers make sense in your case.

9 purchase orders is a very good beginning, and very impressive actually!!

Good luck brand and Influencer heroes! – #DearMishuDad (Influencer contract template here: http://dearmishudad.com/influencer-agreement/)
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
62 0 7

I agree with you that pop ups can be irritating. However, not always. I limit myself a lot on what I display on my website, because if I'm not careful, these apps instead of "helping" my business, they can easily impact sales in a negative way.  I'm also using the same app ("So and so in AL just purchased...."). As far as I know, this are real sales.  At least mine aren't fake. :)

Why not displaying that customers are actually buying? ?

I have 101 sales in only weeks that I've been opened. It only shows the last transactions. 

For now, I will continue using it. Perhaps, once my business takes off, I won't need it. 

In short, if you are selling, there is nothing wrong with showing it off. ?

PS, follow us on Facebook everyone! ??

https://www.facebook.com/MassKoupons/

____

I welcome criticism on my website. :) 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 2

Thank you for your reply!

The popup does not generate fake customers, people that show up in the popup are recent buyers however the timing is incorrect. It says 6 hrs ago for example but the customer bought 1 week ago. Anyway, I got rid of this popup and I'm focusing on influencers how to get more traffic.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 5

Great to see that the popups have gone! alot of the aps that claim to drive more sales are just pure drivel and are there just to forward your customers private data back to their own servers exposing your customers to junk mail.

Your refund page could also do with editing as you state:

"Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases"

Unless you are going to start selling food etc etc its alittle bit pointless stating so.

Mark

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

My store is several years old now. At one point I was getting sales frequently. But now seems everything has stopped. I do not do a lot of ads on Facebook right now. I use Instagram and Pinterest. Someone take a look at my site, tell me what you think. www.what-chawant.com

There is always room for improvement. There is so much information, someone is always telling you something different.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1472 93 321

Hey What-Cha Want,

The store needs a lot of improvement from the customer point of view. Following points need to be noted:

1. A central banner should be added for better customer attention.
  2. Favicon is missing which is quite important.
  3. Logo looks quite plain, kindly add some colour combination and graphics to make it even better. 
  4. Discounts should be offered for better customer engagement.
  5. Social links should be added to enhance connectivity.
  6. You should add terms and condition and FAQ’s if any, again these also help in building search engine content. 
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  8. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

Hope your store starts getting sales once again.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes