Why can't I get in touch with Customer service?

Highlighted
2 0 0

I have been trying to reach customer service for weeks now. How can I get in touch with a customer service rep. I need some help with my store. Shopify is stealing my payments. I'm sending out products and they are not releasing my payment at all. it is not even showing up on the waiting to be relase schedule. I NEED HELP!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
457 50 100

Hi @robi1sh,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Over the past two months, we have had a huge influx of new merchants on the platform. Most businesses have had to pivot to online sales only due to restrictions on physical interactions put in place because of Covid-19. Our support team are trying to support these 100's of thousands of new merchants, as well as the merchants that have been with us for years.

The queues we were seeing on our phone lines because of all these new merchants were causing a huge amount of frustration, so we have temporarily closed them. We do have a callback service in place where you can request a support agent to call you back at a set time. Our email service is still active, though you would need to send the email directly from our support contact page here. Emails you create manually would not reach us, but emails you create from within that support page will.

Moving forward, we do plan or reopening our phone service and we are currently in the process of increasing the size of our support team so we can deal with the demand. I'm sorry to hear you've been having such trouble with contacting us, this is not the experience we would like merchants on the platform to have! I will be leaving your feedback with our internal team so it can be passed back to our management.

I can assure you that Shopify is not stealing your payments. It is likely that, if your payouts are on hold, you were contacted by a member of the Risk team by email requesting information.

That is sensitive information so we cannot discuss that on forums, but you will have a direct line to the Risk team by responding to that email, and they are the best authority to answer your questions. 

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes