Why can't my product pages look professional like some other sites? Help!

jp9052
2 0 1

Hi,

We are migrating from old OSCommerce platform to Shopify and very close to launching.  The theme was chosen by the developer and perhaps that is why, but my product page sections look less than best.  I do like the top landing page area, but as you scroll down, it start getting worse.  I looked at some apps, but there are so many!  I sure could use some of you experts' input on how we can clean up the site (our actions, apps, other help).  Thank you.

promo-supplies.myshopify.com

0 Likes

Hi @jp9052 ,

Shopify themes are not good at customization product pages. Sections as you know work only on the home page. For product page customization at least there are three candidates to consider including PageFly, Shogun and Gempages. Look at https://apps.shopify.com/browse/store-design-page-builders

❤️ Found my answer helpful? Please LIKE or Accept Solutions.
❤️Top 30 Best Shopify Themes Free + Premium: A Complete Review Read More

@Tony_Bui wrote:

Hi @jp9052 ,

Shopify themes are not good at customization product pages. Sections as you know work only on the home page. For product page customization at least there are three candidates to consider including PageFly, Shogun and Gempages. Look at https://apps.shopify.com/browse/store-design-page-builders

Hi @jp9052 

I can confirm Pagefly and Gem Pages are great apps to customize product pages. Little bit more expensive to have but if you really want to have a great looking product page these apps are very powerful. I've used both and don't have any complaints. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

jp9052
2 0 1

Thank you.  This may be a long-term solution since we are launching soon.

zefeena
1 0 0

Apologies for jumping on this thread.  I have no clue how to make a new post! already hating Shopify and I've been here less than 5 minutes!  

I've been on a oscommerce platform for over 10 years.  My website is well out of date and I'm fed up of trying to keep it running.  there is always something - today my server is down!  I was thinking 'if' I can get my database over to Shopify will it be a good move?  Is the platform reliable?  I am not a programmer, I want ease of listing, I have thousands of products, and constantly adding.  I need excellent stock control, and I need the whole thing to work well!  Does it have postal options suited to the UK?  Did anyone manage to migrate (think I'm on 2.3.4 bootstrap), sucessfully recently?  Your input is appreciated.

0 Likes