Why does my store fail?

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi there

My website is voltagehardware.com

Ive got more than 1000 sessions/clicks from both Facebook ads and google ads, but not a single sale. 

Of 1000 sessions/click, 800 of them was whenever my store only had a single product, which was the achilles collection on the present page. My landing page at that time was the product page. 

Now ive tried expanding my product range to 25 different styles to give the customer more options, because i felt that could be a major problem whenever i had only 1 product. 

For my facebook ads, ive got a 3-4% CTR on my video add, with a cost pr click of 0.1 dollar. 

I know my website is running slow on google speed, so im aware of that.

What am i doing wrong? 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
444 48 97

Hi @VoltageA,

Hyde here from Shopify. Congratulations on getting your store up and running!

I do have some feedback that I'll share with you in the interests of making your brand the best it can be:

First of all, you want to make sure that you are consistent in your branding. You sell watches, but your domain name references hardware, your header image is a woman exercising, and your slogan is "Define Your Power".

If you're selling high-quality watches, then everything about your website and brand should speak to watches, telling time, style, fashion, and quality. Similarly, quality doesn't start and stop with the product. It needs to be reflected throughout the site, meaning everything needs to be well thought out and intentional.

The About Us page does not communicate anything much about who you actually are. What are your values? What do you hope to change/create in the world? What is your dream, your passion? How has Denmark influenced your brand? What makes your watches special, and how are you communicating that to your visitors aside from a generic reference to "quality" and the fact they're cheaper than other watches? Here's what an About Us page should contain.

If you're not sure what passion is driving your brand, ask yourself these 4 questions:

1. Google's stated purpose is to "organize information and make it accessible to everyone". Disney is looking to "make everyone happy".  Find a purpose and try to get your purpose down to less than 12 words. That is your core passion.

2. What's your vision? What community do you see your new brand forming? What contribution is it making to the world?

3. You need to now develop that element that really distinguishes you from your competitors.

So please complete this sentence:

Our brand is the only ______________________ that ____________________.

If you cannot identify what it is that only your brand can do those others can't, it will make carving out space in the marketplace that bit harder.

4. Who is your customer?

You need to know who you are speaking to. A conversation is a two-way street. You present your idea (your passion) and you wait for them to respond. But who are "they"? There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here: How to create customer personas

I hope this helps as initial feedback, I'm happy to provide more and answer any other questions you may have.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
179 26 109

Hey there @VoltageA!  

It’s frustrating when you put in so much work and get traffic without any sales.

A few initial thoughts:

1. Are you driving the right traffic? Since you have people visiting your site without showing interest in your products, a big concern is that you’re targeting the wrong audience. 
  2. Don’t get caught in vanity metrics - metrics that make you feel good but have no bearing on your success. A lower CPC shouldn’t be your defining metric here. If people are clicking on your ads but not converting, there’s a problem. 
  3. Do you know why people aren’t buying? Adding more products isn’t necessarily the answer. 

A good place to start is your store. 

First impression: I have no idea what you sell. If I land on your store, I see a woman lifting weight with a tagline of “define your power.” You need to update the image and text to better reflect that you’re selling smartwatches.

Run a poll to see what people are looking for in a smartwatch. You’re hyper-focused on the exercise side of it, but your audience may be more interested in a smartwatch that’s able to connect to their phones. Exercise is fine, but that’s not why they bought your watch.

Homepage

• Make your banner stand out and link it; unlinked announcement bars often are a major source of lost conversions. If you use click heatmaps, see how many people are clicking on it.
  • After your hero image, I wouldn’t jump into your products. Remember that visitors don’t know what a Heracles watch is or how it compares to the Hermes or Iris products. Help your visitors - maybe even have a quiz to help them find their ideal product.
  • In general, you need to see how people are using your homepage. Scroll and click heatmaps will show you how far down the page people scroll and where they click. Session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, will also help you see what people are doing when they land on your website. Where do they go?
  • I would move the testimonials higher on the page. Also, I can’t stress enough the value of running a poll. It will help your prioritize the content on your page and focus on what your visitors want to know before learning more about the watches.

Footer

• Link your email address
  • Privacy Policy: Link the URLs mentioned and your email address
  • Shipping information: You need to include a page to help your customers understand shipping policies, procedures, expectations, costs and more. Do you have international shipping? When it’s not free, is there a flat fee? You have it buried in FAQs! 

Navigation

• Move FAQs and About Us to your footer as well. If they are getting clicks, keep them in the main navigation. If not, keep them in the footer. 
  • About us: I like the overall vision statement here, but I would give it more. Make it unique to your brand, for example...don’t just say “quality products” and “affordable prices.” You provide watches without the middleman, meaning it’s more affordable for customers. Re-frame it to make it relatable and personable. 
  • Again, click heatmaps will show you where your visitors are clicking. I would consider adding that quiz to help someone find that dream product.

Collection pages

• Why separate each product by color? It would be more helpful to focus on explaining what the Heracles watch is rather than have all of the different colors. If I’m questioning which color to get, I would have to click out of one product and into another rather than switching a drop-down box. 
  • Is there an All Products collection? I couldn’t find one.

Product pages

For reference, I’m on the Hermes - Brown Leather page.

• Make the Add to Cart button stand out more
  • Watch some session recordings of people engaging with your product pages. What are they doing? Where are they getting caught up? People hover over words as they read, so are they hovering over specific words/phrases?

So this addresses the website side, what about your ads side?

I would take a look at your landing pages and filter down heatmaps and session recordings to see how traffic from specific campaigns engage with your website. If you see that a lot of them bounce quickly, you need to look at your audience and the ad creative to make sure you’re representing your products well. It’ll help you also see what products are responding better to certain traffic sources to help you optimize your ads.

You’re on the right track here. Keep at it, and use visitor behavior to help you understand what’s stopping people from converting and evaluate your ads. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month. 

I hope this helps! Good luck.

Cheers - Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
491 32 148

Hi @VoltageA !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
  2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable. 
  3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool. 
  4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
  5. Your google page speed score is only 45 and mobile speed 11. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well. Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website.
  6. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  7. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
  8. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
  9. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
  10. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
  11. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
  12. Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
299 11 62

Hi @VoltageA welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share:

Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.

2. Add Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Also you can do more target oriented email campaigns. Also Add to Cart and Checkout Page needs to have a bit more planning - like giving use
s a visual checkout process, and option to continue shopping from the checkout page.

Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.

4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes