Why is my website not generating more sales? I have tried everything!

longhairforme
Tourist
5 0 0

I have been on Shopify for 6 months. Our Shopify store has only generated about a single sale a month, this is with Pinterest Advertisements driving about 50-60 people to the website a day. I am looking for any feedback to improve this conversation rate, I know I screwing something up just not sure what.  Thank you in advance: https://www.longhairdontcarebeauty.com/products/hair-gummy-vitamins 

0 Likes
Arunesh
Pathfinder
86 8 32

Hello @longhairforme 

Hope you are doing well. Congratulations on your store.

I went through your website thoroughly and I really feel that there are few shortcomings. I am going to mention it down below:

1. You don't have a good brand logo. 
  2. The banner image is not very good.
  3. The theme for the website is not suitable for your purpose i.e. for a single product, your website is too complex.
  4. You should show some certification because you are selling a dietary supplement and there should be something on the website that can earn the trust of your customers.

There are some other points that should be taken care of. Post that, you need to promote your product in a proper way and in front of the right audience. I would highly recommend you to hire a team to help you out with all these issues. 

We at Descrii, help startups like yours in their early stage and help them grow. We will be more than happy to help you out with your queries. Kindly contact us if you need further assistance.

Well wishes!

Arunesh Kumar

Marketing Officer, Descrii

Visit our website- https://descrii.tech/

Find us on Shopify Store- https://apps.shopify.com/descrii-smart-descriptions

Contact- hello@descrii.tech

Descrii Description Generator
Regards and Well Wishes!
Kindly leave a Like if it helped you in any way.
0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1302 118 337

Hi @longhairforme  welcome to the never ending process of analyzing and improving your store, good move to ask for feedback.

Good recommendations by @Arunesh.

Elaborating on 1 and 2:

1) Agree 100%. A business without a logo is just a side project. As customer, if I see that you don't put any effort in a logo, it signals to me that it's not a "real business". If you don't have a designer or a clear idea what you want for a logo, I recommend doing a design contest. Here's how I use design contests for logos when I don't have a clear vision or want to get some ideas: https://speedboostr.com/logo-contest.

2) Your home page hero banner has a nice quality image, but it just shows the product. Best practice here is to show a lifestyle image, an image that represents what the customer will feel when buying your product. Consider doing a professional photo shoot with hair models if that's your main target.

And adding another key point: The quality of your traffic matters. In my experience Pinterest has a low conversion rate for most brands I've seen use it. Some brands do awesome with it, but in general it's a low converting channel.

I would hire a professional marketer to experiment with various channels, get your audience targeting dialed in, and scale up the winning channels / audiences / ad versions. They can help you identify your exact target customer and their traits, then craft a strategy to reach them.

Good luck

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
997 134 323

Hey @longhairforme,

I think I may have found somewhat of what might be causing you sales - I'm in Canada and here was what I got at checkout:

longhair-checkout.png

I have a few suggestions as well.

First, I'd recommend working on the text on your homepage. One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. 

I'd also recommend adding some before/after's and reviews.

I would put your logo on your website as well and change the fonts to match your branding.

Other than that, I'd also recommend getting creative with your marketing. Something like doing daily videos of hairstyles on long hair - insert a quick clip of the model taking a vitamin or doing a quick 5 second clip of the product somewhere within the video. We have a video on a 2021 ad strategy if you want to give it a watch:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3717 213 661

Hello @longhairforme, I hope you are doing well! This is AiTrillion- the all in one Shopify app. I reviewed your store and here is the feedback:

- Being a single product store you should add an engaging video of the product to engage the customers coming to your store. 

- You can add a newsletter popup with a discount code.

- Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on like offers and discounts.

Add Web push notifications to reach anyone and anywhere (device) without an email address.

- Start using Loyalty rewards, it will help you in customer re-engagement and retention.

Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product to someone.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features I suggest trying out the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

If you have any questions, I will be happy to help.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes