Why is no one buying from my store

Solved
ottostoybox
1 0 0

Hi,

I am new to shopify and have started running my 1st set of ads, but havent been able to covert any buyers yet. I have a decent CTR on my ads ~2-3%, but they seem to go to my site and not make any purchases.

site: Ottostoybox.com

Any and all help for a noobie would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ottostoybox 

I've just looked around your store and I would like to provide some recommendations for your store, mostly about the design

1. The Cart page

I will go to the Cart page first, where the customers will make a purchase here.

- Display only the statistic logos of the third party payment on the Cart pageYour Shopping Cart – Otto's Toybox 2020-06-19 11-58-30.png

You should need to show the logo to make customers less confused when they are in the cart page. They have to do many activities here. 

By displaying logo, this can help to decrease the higher risk of abandoning customer's purchase.

Let make all of them work on the Checkout page.

- You can check this guide to know more how to personalize the Cart page 

2, The Product Listing on the Collection pageProducts – Otto's Toybox 2020-06-19 16-30-38.png

- Providing only 2 information for the product list is not enough to encourage customers want to buy or view your products. 

You can provide more information like the color/ size by adding radio button variant.

- Use the Load More button instead of using the PaginationProducts – Otto's Toybox 2020-06-19 16-32-45.png

It takes more time when customers switch between 2 pages. You can use the Load more button so customers can view all your products in 1 page and it is easier for them to compare between different products.

- Have a secondary hover image on each product. Having the secondary hover image will let customers have more information. For example, the secondary hover images can be the products used in the real life.

3, Add more information/ sections for your homepage

- You can add the customer's reviews on your home page as the slideshow or under each product

- Adding social media can attract customers and this help to keep in touch with them and show them the new updates.

- On the footer, you should add the store's policies such as shipping, payment, etc.

I have a guide to instruct to customize the home page, you can consult there. 

I hope my recommendations will help you. You can give it a like if you find it useful or mark as the solution if it answers your question.

Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Otto's Toybox, 

"Receiving site traffic, but, no sales is a very common scenario". The major reason being "improper site layout". Keep the below-listed points in mind to improve the same:

• There is a lot of "empty white space" on the header top ,which looks awkward.
  • To eliminate it,just shift the logo,header menu and sidelinks (cart,searchbar etc) alongwith the hero banner slightly upwards.
  • Add a "favicon" for unique site identification.
  • "Terms and Conditions" are missing from the site footer.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

Wishing you all the luck for your further store journey. 

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes

Hello @ottostoybox ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you. 

• There is no “login” functionality, try adding that so you can get more information about your customer.
  • I have found that there is no favicon to your website, favicon helps your customers to navigate to your website tab while they open many tabs on the same browser and it looks professional if you have a favicon. 
  • There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales. 
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • Also, try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.

I hope our feedback helps you. 

Thanks,

Droppersstop   

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes

As a merchant, you’ll be able to convert more of your store visitors into paid customers by offering them relevant recommendations using our AI recommendations engine. 

Our AI shopping assistant helps store visitors to discover, share, and get relevant options on items to buy in your store. You get instant revenue boost, recurring sales and store growth when you offer trusted social recommendations to customers.

You can customize your Rendezvous widget to match the theme, color, and style of your store - and it won’t reduce your page load speed.  You can also connect your store to Messenger to target your customers and sell more. 

Do install the Rendezvous Social Recommendations App and let me know your thoughts on itimage.png

Rendezvous is AI-powered social recommendations engine - enabling customers to discover products on merchant stores and leading to higher conversion rates.
Over 500,000+ shoppers are already using Rendezvous Recommendations to find products from big brands like - Amazon, Macy’s, Walmart & BestBuy.
0 Likes
Munn
Shopify Partner
480 17 101

Hi @ottostoybox welcome to Shopify family,

Hey there, you really have a beautiful store. Congratulations on building your website I do have a few recommendations,

1. 1. A great way to generate leads and traffic is through search engine optimization.As you can see from what we’ve already talked about, implementing some of these other lead generation strategies will automatically help your SEO.
2. If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic.One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways. If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.
3. Lots of people create free giveaways to build their email newsletters — but few of them take the time to truly craft a great giveaway that people want, and that somehow improves their lives or their business as a result of getting it.
4. A sitemap is a good starting point to make sure Google (and other search engines) can index all of the pages on your site, however it’s a good idea to make sure people can do the same.
5. Blog commenting may seem like an old-fashioned strategy that no longer works to build backlinks from Google. It helps users land on the same page with the help of backlinks.
6. Facebook ads can generate a terrific ROI as well as a higher click-through rate — but it’s important to distinguish between the two types plus how to reach out to prospective customers without looking like an intrusion in their newsfeed.
7. You need to create urgency and social proof on your store for that  u need to add top announcement on your store by adding visually attractive stickers like number to products left, upcoming sales, In trend will grab the attention and excite the customer.(Attaching one of your image as reference)

image_png204151162.png
I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes