I've just set up my new website (www.leafandpot.co.uk) but it doesn't appear if I type it into a web search - even if I type in Leaf and Pot Tring it just comes up with the facebook page. It works if I physically type out the whole web address so not sure if I've done something wrong in set up?
Also, if anyone has the time to have a quick look at the website and offer any feedback that would be super helpful as it's the first time I've done anything like this
Google has not indexed your website yet.
Sometimes it can take a week or more for a search engine to update search results. This is because your website is new and doesn't have any inbound links. First, create an account on Google webmaster tools. When you register and point Google to your sitemap.
Hope this helps,
Hi @LeafyHayley ,
Congratulations on your store and welcome to Shopify
Your store looks very clean and organised. Some feedback that I have are the following:
1. Product Description Page: This page is currently not having sufficient description. You should add some more description to it. It will help customers know what is the use of the product and its features in detail.
2. Reviews: You can also add some reviews that your customers have on to your site. This might just help you build more trust among the users.
I would recommend you to have a look at product labels and stickers from ModeMagic, that will help you attract more customers by communicating to them your messages such as sale,discounts,customer favorites,coming soon etc. on product images itself. You can also decide the position for your product labels on your product images. You also have an option for making your own stickers using "Make Custom Sticker".
Here is a relevant blog that might help: https://getmodemagic.com/create-shopify-homepage-increase-conversion-rates/
Hope it helps!!
Thank you so much for taking hte time to reply. I have tried to set up the website on Google Webmaster but I'm not having much success. I followed the Shopify steps but just keep getting an error message that Google can't find the verification token in your domain's TXT records. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong