Why people add to cart but not purchase?

Solved
RARAA
3 0 1

Hi,

I notice my add-to-cart-to-purchase rate is very low. Around 20%, this is very weird to me, since you add to cart with the intention of purchasing right? Could someone take a look and give me some suggestions or insights?

截屏2021-06-19 下午12.23.32.png

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3730 214 663

Hey @RARAAThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are few suggestions that you can work on:

- I checked the checkout process everything's good. You should add other payment options also like UPI (GPay).

- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

- You should definitely start notifying your customers when they abandon your cart. This can be done in many ways. You can send them an abandoned cart push notification or an abandoned cart email. This will reduce your cart abandonment. Not only this you can also start rewarding your customers with loyalty points when they come back to recover the abandoned cart.

To implement email marketing, automatic workflows, and web push notification you can install the app AiTrillion.

P.S- Free plan available, you can install AiTrillion for free here.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hi @RARAA 

I had a look at your website, it looks great. There are few areas still needs improvement.

Rewards & Credits: Credits helps to increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and credits. You can give credits for registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses. Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.

->As per navigation, customers sometimes may lost track of their products they wished to purchase, try to add Wishlist feature and recently viewed products feature.

Wishlist : Add 'Wishlist" button beside add to cart . Wishlist will helps us to send emails to customers to drag his intension towards item and make him to buy.

Recently viewed products: Many customers want to view previous items. If it’s too difficult to view again previous items, they will likely frustrated, and may not purchase anymore. Better to add recently viewed items in product page

Social login: I would like to suggest social login page like login with facebook, instagram , google ,linked in and twitter. which helps the customer to login easily .

Videos; You can create a videos on your products and these also you can share on social media pages daily, this will helpful for your conversions.

Add Testimonials: Testimonials give customers confidence in your product. They can resolve a customer’s primary concerns, make them feel good about contacting you, and solidify their decision to buy your products. Add testimonials in footer of home page.

Product Review: There are no reviews on the products. Add customer review app, so that customer can review on your products. In product page place product review to know more information about products ,which makes customer to buy .

Add trust badges on home page, try add them on product details page too.

I can also suggest social login page like login with facebook, instagram , google ,linked in and twitter. which helps the customer to login easily .

Hope this will HELPFUL!

Further, if you like to implement customer engagement in your store I suggest you to install our Shopify app Customer Account Page. It helps for you Increasing of sales. And it gives you Attractive Customer Dashboard and Raises The Store Revenue. Customizations Available.

Thanks,
team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @RARAA 

I think you have to put yourself into the customer's shoes. When you shop online, will you put the item into the cart and go away?

There are some reasons I can think of:

1. The customers may want to add to the cart and buy later. But they forget or lose the intention
  2. The shipping fee is expensive?
  3. The cart page looks weird. Attached the screenshot. The red areas are quite odd. 
    1. The product suggestion area is empty
    2. The discount offer is masked
      test-bedsurehome.png

I suggest you can test your store on more desktop browsers and mobile browsers. you can try responsively to test more browsers. Use GA to see what devices your customers are using. Also, use hotjar or other screen recording tools to check what customers are seeing on their screens. You probably need to run more tests. 

My suggestions are based on my app usability testing experience. Many app users just try for a couple of minutes and leave with a comment "App is not performing well". I don't know what the hell is going on most of the time. To be honest, It's is quite frustrating.

SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles
Camritz
Tourist
19 0 1

Hey @RARAA,

Id recommend checking out Jebbit if your facing this issue. Its a free app that lets you create product match quizzes that will help increase conversions and therefore decrease the chance customers add your products to their cart and then close out. Ill link it below, let me know if this helps!

https://apps.shopify.com/jebbit

0 Likes