Why won't anyone buy... loads of clicks, no sales

4 0 0

I get a lot of clicks from google, but I don't get any sales...  where am I missing the mark? I have looked at my site over and over but I don't see anything.

Don

byfortier.com

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
806 28 222

Hey Donald,

You have a great selection of products, and you specialize in one niche, which is excellent. Your web design and branding also match your products, which is excellent. 

Consider displaying three items per row on the homepage - the same way as on your collection page. That's more manageable and 'eye-friendly' way for your visitors to browse the products and see the difference between each item. 

Consider also adding more varied content to your homepage - promo image at the top, perhaps a video of someone playing one of your [more expensive] guitars to help people really experience the sound of the instrument. That will make the homepage more engaging and fun to browse, and can also help you improve your conversion rate. 

Get 2 Google page #1 in 30 days | Join my Facebook community to learn how it's done | Click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/30days2page1/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
584 54 117

Hey there, Don!

Bo here from Shopify Support.

I absolutely love your site, it has a super rustic look which totally matches up with your branding. You are offering free shipping which is always a great incentive and your product descriptions are fantastic. There is definitely a thing or two we can tweak to help make those conversions.

While your background image looks great, it makes your product descriptions hard to read. On the homepage it is perfect as your products are on white cards, however on the product pages, the black text can be difficult to read over this paneling. This would be especially difficult for anyone with visual impairment such as color blindness.

The W3C is responsible for the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, or WCAG. The WCAG lays out the standards that a site must follow to be web accessible. The full document can be viewed here: https://www.w3.org/WAI/standards-guidelines/wcag/

Using the right contrast ratio is important for making sure your site content is accessible to people with low-vision. The WCAG sets the following guidelines:

• Text smaller than 18 pt should have a ratio of at least 4.5:1.

• Text larger than 18 pt should have a ratio of at least 3:1.

• Any icons and borders should also have a ratio of at least 3:1.

We've all seen sites with a light grey text on a white background, or orange text on a purple background. While these types of color palettes might be hard on the eyes for a sighted user, for someone with impaired vision, color blindness, for example, it could be almost impossible to read what is written.

Here is a tool to check your contrast ratio: http://contrast-ratio.com/

I also took a look at your About Us page. It is absolutely fantastic to hear about your journey with music, I would expand on this to speak a little more about your brand and business. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

•  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it (which you have done fantastically).
  •  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
  •  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
  •  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.
  •  Incorporate persuasive content (e.g. an explainer video, data visualizations, links to blog posts) that might otherwise clutter your homepage.

In short, your online store displays your products brilliantly, your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you. Most music store owners would have grown up loving music but what is special about your store? Why should your customer buy from you instead?

As previously mentioned, it is great to see that you are offering free shipping. I would also recommend adding a Shipping Policy to your page so that your customers know what to expect. Customers like to know how long they will be waiting for their delivery and what the terms and conditions are. While the image for free shipping looks great, it is not written anywhere in your page so Google will not pick it up as a keyword, having it in an announcement bar and/or in a product description would be great.

Trust is the most valuable currency you can have on an online store. If a customer feels that they can trust a store they are much more likely to buy from it. Having the option to leave a review really helps build that trust with customers. Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for an exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews have become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. Here are some statistics for you to consider:

• 70% of customers consult reviews or ratings before making a final purchase. (PeopleClaim)
  • 63% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews.
  • 67% of consumers read 6 reviews or less before they feel they can trust a business enough to make a purchase. (MarketingProfs)
  • As many as 79% of consumers trust product reviews as much as a personal recommendation.

I would recommend taking a look at our free Product Reviews app. This app can be found in our fabulous little app store, the home to all of our best apps!

All the Best,
Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks, we are already getting in touch with our suppliers

You were very helpful.

Don

0 Likes