Wood-Fired Maple Syrup - Please brutally (yet productively) roast my ecommerce store

RuggedRidge
Tourist
5 0 0

www.ruggedridgeforest.com

This is my third iteration of a website after go daddy and wix.  During the month of April I had a 3%+ conversion rate, but may has dropped to <1%.  I've been tweaking alot of things in april and may, including a fair bit of advertising, some words, some photos.  Please give me a brutally honest assessment of what sort of changes could be made to increase conversion while remaining authentic to our values.

thanks kindly

josh

0 Likes

Hi Josh

As a Canadian I was deeply interested in your site when I saw it was about maple syrup. It's one of our main expos as a country.....the maple syrup mafia as they are called. Here is what I think about the site... you have a lot of things going for you and with some tweaks. You can take it up a notch. 

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels /sliders have been proven to lowers conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it's disorganized right now. Also make it shorter overall and make sure you have a consistent theme and design across the homepage

3. If you are going to have a product on your homepage like the Quart of Maple Syrup SKU. Make it a Featured Product type section as it makes it look like something planned. Add a section title called Feature Product. PLUS tell people why you featured it and why they should buy it. Think of it like a magazine ad that features ad copy that makes you want to buy a product.

4. I would move your FAQ, About Us and policies to your footer. Also make a page for your refund/returns and shopping policies and link to them in the footer too. This will clean up your footer and make them look more professional

5. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together and make it look consistent and professional. Product images are one of the biggest reasons people do and do not buy from site. Your product images are great but they need to be the exact same site

Product Page  Feedback

1. Work on getting review from customers. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

2. Like I said about, work on making sure all your product images are the same size. It's a small detail that has a large impact

3. Add your company logo to your checkout page

4. I didn't see an express checkout options where I could pay with Shopify Pay or PayPal. May be worth looking into as some customers prefer to pay with PayPal

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
RuggedRidge
Tourist
5 0 0

Excellent feed back, thank you very much for your time!

josh

0 Likes