Would Like Feedback on My Store, Please

1 0 0

Hey, all.  I opened a new online store this week, and have spent a couple of thousand dollars advertising on FB/Instagram (where my target market lies) and have had lots of looks but not very many actual sales.  Analytics shows that people spend less than a minute on the page, look at home page and usually 1-2 other pages, but don’t buy.  My demographic is 25-50 women’s clothing.  I attended a pop-up shop and had a lot of traffic and a great percentage of people in that demographic bought 2 items.  I sold close to a $1000 of inventory in 5 hours, so I am reasonably sure the clothing I have selected is desirable by my demographic group.  I don’t want to continue to spend money on ads if there is something on site keeping people from buying.  I believe prices are correct, product descriptions correct, SEO correct, etc but would like to hear from some of you what you think.  https://shopthepearlboutique.com

0 Likes

Hi Kara 

I believe some of the below areas are hurting your conversion rates. 

• Home Page (flow)
  • Site Navigation 
  • Checkout 
  • Footer 
  • About Page 
  • Contact Page 

I'll also send you detailed review going over these areas. 

Product Images: Lots of your product images aren't the same size. Here is a video showing you how to resize your product images. 

https://www.inspiresmallbusiness.com/blogs/blogs/how-to-resize-your-product-images

Awesome job with the pop up store. I use to do those sorts of things years ago. You really need to promote the website before someone leaves when you do those types of things. Even give them a special discount code to use.

SEO: As for SEO Maggie from @Rockpapercopy is awesome when it comes to SEO and is also member here. I'd reach out to here.

Facebook ads: I know a few people that specialize in this area if you want me to pass on some information. 

Keep up the good work. I'm sure everything will work out if you keep putting in the time and effort. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
816 28 226

Thank you 

Get 2 Google page #1 in 30 days | Join my Facebook community to learn how it's done | Click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/30days2page1/

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
47 13 15

Hi @Pearlboutique ,

Dani here from Shopify!

Thanks for writing in! I just took a look at your website and love all the products that you are carrying. I think it's awesome that you are catering to all body types! Overall your site is very appealing, I did identify a couple things that you may want to consider though. Some of which were already touched on by @Clayton_Bates who has some very useful suggestions! 

First, one thing that always catches my eye with online boutiques is the brand's own imagery. Right now your product images look like they may have been imported from third parties. Do you have access to your inventory? Doing a styled shoot to showcase how you can style the products together would be a great idea to show your customers how these products can look in their own life. It also will give the customers more context that they would be able to gather in real life but may be missing in your online store. I think this blog post would be a great read for you, it has some expert suggestions to optimize your product page for conversions!

Have you thought about adding a chat option to your website? Adding a live chat option is a great way to increase conversions on your website. It allows an easy option for customers to contact you when they have questions about your products! One easy way to implement this is through the Messenger sales channel, customers will be able to chat with you via the messenger app while they are browsing your online store!

That's awesome that you have been diving in to your analytics already! Have you noticed that most of your customers are coming from a specific location? Or perhaps a more specific age range within your demographic seem to be clicking on your ads more? The more details about your target audience you can add to your ads the more effective they will be. So narrowing down your age range, location, customer interests, etc would be a great way to target a more defined audience! We have an awesome guide on customer acquisition with a section dedicated to making the most out of paid advertising.

Our Shopify Community is a wealth of knowledge, so I'm curious if anyone else has any tips or tricks that haven't been mentioned already. Please let us know if you have any other tips and tricks for @Pearlboutique!

If you have any further questions feel free to ask here, I'd be happy to keep helping you!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Trailblazer
509 31 121

Hi, 

I have reviewed your store and first impression of store is good but I can confront you to some of the things in a very simple way, it will help you in improving UI and overall functionalities to become more user friendly and eventually leads to sales.

You don't need to be disappointed, as store is decent,unique and attractive.

1. You can add a favicon on the website ref this article from shopify here, it’s simple and will help strengthen your brand.
  2. To engage customers add a section Bestselling products on your homepage.
    Some product's images are not uniform, make it of same dimensions as other.
  3. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.
  4. Lastly, You have over 120 products. Don't you think, it's hard for someone to find the right product with the theme you have.
    I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like 
    Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
    Neha:)
Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
293 15 54

Hi @Pearlboutique 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

After looking I couldn't find a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

You might consider adding a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

Just so you know, I also created a tiny email series that has some tips on making your shopify store better https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Explorer
64 2 20

Hi @Pearlboutique , 

If your visitors are leaving after viewing 1-2 pages, its likely that the traffic that's reaching your page isn't the type of traffic you want.  I'd work on refining the targeting in your instagram / facebook pages.  You mentioned specific demographics you're interested in, but what interest do your buyers have?  How can you use those interests to create targeted ads that drive qualified traffic?

Best,

Entaice

Want to make your store sell? Try Entaice: Explore
0 Likes